September 12th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 12th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

fbS4qZz.jpg

September 12th, 11:00AM - 5:00PM PST

Updates 

• Last week of the Summer Fishing Event!
  • Applying a fix to the Tuxedo and White Rabbit costumes so that the correct sprite displays for both.
  • 3 new headgears will be coming to Silvervine NPC:
  • Starving Fish Hat - 100 Silvervine, 50 Sharp Scales, 25 Fins, 5 Fish Tails

Spoiler

• Sleeping Kitty Cat - 50 Silvervine, 50 Animal Skins, 10 Fresh Fish

Spoiler

• Pterios Fins - 150 Silvervine, 100 Stinky Scales, 25 Fins

Spoiler

Events

• Summer Fishing Event continues until 9/19!
    • Visit Westley in Alberta 192, 147. He'll help you craft a Fishing Rod. 
    • There are fishing spots all over Rune Midgard!
    • Westley will happily let adventurers turn in their catch for rewards that include buffs and some costumes.
  • Raffler is In Prontera
  • Free VIP Weekend Begins 9/13/2018 ends 9/17
    • From 9/12 - 10/17 VIP Rates will be increased by +50% EXP/Drops for a total of + 100% EXP/Drops

WP Users can login to the website to claim 4 days for free

Steam Users will have 4 days automatically added to their game accounts
  • Big prizes are in Bold. Updates are in Red.
      • Beelzebub Wing Box (1)  /  Strawberry (1-20) - 31,000z 
      • Dress Hat (1) / Witch Starsand (1-10) - 60,000z 
      • Silvervine 100 Box (4) / Alcohol (1-10) - 150,000z
      • Bubblegum (5) / Blue Herb (1-10) - 33,000z
      • Poison Bottle (5) / Karvodailnirol (1-5) - 500,000z
      • HE Battle Manual (2) / Immortal Heart (1-10) - 50,000z
      • Fish In Mouth (1) / Fabric (1-10) - 60,000z
      • Rideword Hat (1) / Mermaid's Heart (1-10) - 25,000z
      • Enriched Elunium / Rough Elunium (1-20) - 450,000z
      • Enriched Oridecon / Rough Oridecon (1-20) - 450,000z

Cash Shop

Community

*Silvervine System

Spoiler

*Future Changes
Spoiler

#2 Brokoly123

Brokoly123

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:08 PM

So, nothing again. xD

#3 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

Repeated headgear, put something Else... anything else. I liked the third one

#4 ph34r

ph34r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

You had assured some sort of exp bonus this week. Also, please update on reducing the number of castles in WOE. Thank you!

#5 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:26 PM

Where is the exp/drop event you promised?  When is woe going to be fixed as well?

#6 dantesux

dantesux

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:42 PM

where's the exp/drop event you said last week? 

#7 6200170910083107487

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:47 AM

WHERE IS ENDLES TOWER? :rice:  :rice:

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

Where is the exp/drop event you promised?  When is woe going to be fixed as well?

where's the exp/drop event you said last week? 

Free VIP Weekend Begins 9/13/2018 ends 9/17
From 9/12 - 10/17 VIP Rates will be increased by +50% EXP/Drops for a total of + 100% EXP/Drops
WP Users can login to the website to claim 4 days for free
Steam Users will have 4 days automatically added to their game accounts

#9 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:19 AM

Please change the Sleeping Kitty Cat for anything new

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:34 AM

Please change the Sleeping Kitty Cat for anything new

We won't remove the sleeping kitty because users who missed Easter may want to still get it. Instead we will select a new headgear to be added next week so that there are still 3 new headgears in September.

#11 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:58 AM

Camp any plans to reduce the numbers of castles in woe so we can actually have battles?

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

Camp any plans to reduce the numbers of castles in woe so we can actually have battles?

The problem with reducing castles is the treasures. In the past when you start grouping god item parts together we run into issues where its much harder to complete god items and/or there is no real reason to push for specific castles. I am currently not sure how we can resolve that problem. I realize creation isn't in yet but they will eventually be.

What I need to do is figure out how to condense castles without condensing the treasures in a similar manner, and it needs to be in a way that is automated so that we can't have human error causing problems every week.

#13 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

Server's open.

#14 de1ls0n

de1ls0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

to activate the AZOTH DAGGER AND POLTEGEIST effect again, respectively?

#15 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:04 PM

The problem with reducing castles is the treasures. In the past when you start grouping god item parts together we run into issues where its much harder to complete god items and/or there is no real reason to push for specific castles. I am currently not sure how we can resolve that problem. I realize creation isn't in yet but they will eventually be.

What I need to do is figure out how to condense castles without condensing the treasures in a similar manner, and it needs to be in a way that is automated so that we can't have human error causing problems every week.

I personally don't see a problem with combining the treasure.  Make it so the one castle drops all 4 castles worth of treasure.  If you look at the current castles taken its practically that anyways.   One guild holds all of prontera every week, other guilds sneak to take castles at the end and no one gets to build any econ except the one guild that seems to be using many macro'd characters in a precast.  

What exactly is the reason you view combining the treasure as such a bad thing?  It doesn't make creating god items more difficult, never being able to build any sort of econ is what makes it difficult.  Also another solution would be a rotating loot table.  Day 1 = castle 1 loot, day 2 = castle 2 loot n so on. Not sure how hard that would be to setup on your end, but something needs done.  We get people to woe with us, they ask where are all the other players and quit.  The sneaking in the last 15min to steal castles needs to end.

#16 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:17 PM

I personally don't see a problem with combining the treasure.  Make it so the one castle drops all 4 castles worth of treasure.  If you look at the current castles taken its practically that anyways.   One guild holds all of prontera every week, other guilds sneak to take castles at the end and no one gets to build any econ except the one guild that seems to be using many macro'd characters in a precast.  

What exactly is the reason you view combining the treasure as such a bad thing?  It doesn't make creating god items more difficult, never being able to build any sort of econ is what makes it difficult.  Also another solution would be a rotating loot table.  Day 1 = castle 1 loot, day 2 = castle 2 loot n so on. Not sure how hard that would be to setup on your end, but something needs done.  We get people to woe with us, they ask where are all the other players and quit.  The sneaking in the last 15min to steal castles needs to end.

What is the point of that anyways?

Reducing the number of castles wont prevent the strongest guild from taking many castles, or milk their 100 eco fort even more.

Are you trying to make it easier for them?

Edited by Panteperu, 12 September 2018 - 07:17 PM.

#17 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:18 PM

What is the point of that anyways?

Reducing the number of castles wont prevent the strongest guild from taking the same amount of castles, or milk their 100 eco fort even more.

Are you trying to make it easier for them?

The point of woe isn't to decide who gets castles n make it easier or harder.  It is called "WAR" of emperium.  There is no war anymore.  It is one guild camps with macro'd characters.  Other guilds sometimes run into each other when sneaking around trying to mass take castles in the last 15-30min.  If there are only 4 total castles, people are forced to actually run into each other and fight to secure a castle instead of just splitting off and attacking emperiums with no one around.  It brings back actual PvP into the equation which is supposed to be the point of WOE.

#18 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:26 PM

If any guild is interested in fighting, they would agree to meet at a certain castle. 

You talk as if merging drops wont help the stronger guild getting more members by paying them more if they wanted to. 

If they reduce castles, they should make it 1 castle only. And rotate that castle every month or so. But merging drops shouldnt be considered IMO

#19 MetalFox

MetalFox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:13 PM

@Wyndor
Please don’t imply a guild uses macros to precast, this is simply a case of you need to get better at WoE and learn how to fight in organized groups.

Edited by MetalFox, 12 September 2018 - 10:19 PM.

#20 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:20 PM

No its a case of when you attack them its around 20 chars majority of which are casting/moving at the same time.  When they attack its 4 or 5 of them and never more.  This isn't hard to figure out lol.  Please don't make dumb comments, stick to the topic which is adjusting woe.  Not you being a hero in defense of whats obviously being done.  I am not impressed nor do i care about your opinion on the matter.

Edited by Wyndor, 12 September 2018 - 10:28 PM.

#21 MetalFox

MetalFox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:25 PM

Your delusional but okay...
(They only need 4 or 5 to wipe any other guild why would they send more?)

Edited by MetalFox, 12 September 2018 - 10:29 PM.

#22 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:46 PM

If any guild is interested in fighting, they would agree to meet at a certain castle. 

You talk as if merging drops wont help the stronger guild getting more members by paying them more if they wanted to. 

If they reduce castles, they should make it 1 castle only. And rotate that castle every month or so. But merging drops shouldnt be considered IMO

If they aren't interested in fighting they shouldn't be in woe taking castles.  WOE wasn't created for people to cloak in, recall 9 alt accounts and attack an emp in the last 15 minutes to collect your OCAs all week.  Some of you may enjoy that since you can't actually win a fight but that changes nothing about what woe is actually supposed to be.  The treasure is meant to be a reward for being better than other guilds, not simply choosing one of the wayyyyyy too many castles to cloak into and then PVM kill a crystal to collect your loot

As for the enabling only one castles loot per week......That is horrible and would virtually remove any sort of castle specific loot from the server.  AKA defeating the entire point of the woe reward system.  You mention guilds paying members to do woe....One guild that i mentioned above obviously uses macros and owns every castle in prontera atm.  How could that situation honestly be any worse if there was a castle in each city?  Right now they macro defend one castle and at the end they disperse into small groups or even solo take the other castles because no one is there to fight them. If there was 4 castles total other guilds would be in those castles fighting and that would prevent them from pulling what they currently do.  Other guilds that actually hold a castle would be getting similar rewards to the one guild taking all of pront as well.

#23 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:48 PM

Please try to not derail the maintenance patch notes thread with accusatory postings towards guilds. If you find it necessary to resume the discussion on castle numbers then please create a new topic here.

#24 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:18 AM

Reducing the number will help. I liked wynd idea.
Thx for the new hat

#25 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

Please try to not derail the maintenance patch notes thread with accusatory postings towards guilds. If you find it necessary to resume the discussion on castle numbers then please create a new topic here.

They asked me why my idea would be better and i explained why.  Anyone foolish enough to think those are all actual people playing would assume they could zerg all 4 castles at once n take them all if there were only 4 total.  You have to understand whats actually happening in woe to properly discuss it.  You pulled the same nonsense about acid demo.  Can't discuss the actual mechanics or problems and you kept deleting/derailing any productive discussion.  There are what 10 of us that read this thread and discuss things total?  People should be informed and i don't see you saying anyone asking for events, hats n such are derailing a thread.  I am trying to fix WOE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users