Is vending massive over priced NPC item something reportable? - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Is vending massive over priced NPC item something reportable?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 StarDruid

StarDruid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:No where Now

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:44 AM

So is vending massive over pricing NPc items something reportable? Haven't played in a hell of a long time and saw Int and Dex Survivor's rods (no slots) for sale for 1 mill z each, ragial had it listed as about market price so bought them. Only little later did i find out their actual sold for 85K at the Wand Dealer in Lighthalzen. Pissed me off that ragial history is show lots of people doing this for months. Kind of killed my interest in returning to restart since at this point the 2 mil zeny is 20% of how much my characters have.

edit: spelling/grammar

Edited by StarDruid, 12 September 2018 - 06:55 AM.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:25 AM

Probably not but I have yet to ask the staff about this in specific.

Were they advertised as so? An example of a report-able act would be: vending a non slotted Sunglasses as Slotted Sunglasses per shop title.

#3 StarDruid

StarDruid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:47 AM

Probably not but I have yet to ask the staff about this in specific.

Were they advertised as so? An example of a report-able act would be: vending a non slotted Sunglasses as Slotted Sunglasses per shop title.

No just "Selling stuff here, cheap af". Frankly if it's not a offense it should be, since it's one hell of a way to drive new players off when they find they've been ripped off. Most new player I've encountered in the past didn't know about the online databases, ragial etc, or want to deal with them.    

For myself I just don't play enough anymore to have anything but the original towns NPC sellers memorized and it annoy me enough to take a screen shot of the person name and shop name then say screw it, log off for the day, and start consider if I waste money with my vip.

#4 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:15 PM

Personally speaking, drastic measures should be taken against items being vended that are actually an NPC purchase and not world drop.

Such as, items cannot be vended if they are sold from NPC.

Being said, for your case I have been told that you can contact Xealot [link] for a resolution to your trade.

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:19 PM

Personally speaking, drastic measures should be taken against items being vended that are actually an NPC purchase and not world drop.

Being said, for your case I have been told that you can contact Xealot [link] for a resolution to your trade.

Thats too drastic imo

RIP whites, fly wing, butterfly wing, mora arrows seller

#6 StarDruid

StarDruid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:56 PM

I don't mind vend of potions and NPC items as long as they're fairly prices, that the main reason Merchants get their skills Discount and Overcharge for when they buy from or selling to NPC. That allows them to sell items to people at or below NPC prices, giving other players a convenience and the merchant a tiny profit. Even a little over for price is okay to me for items that are from NPC that are pain to get to like Fire Arrows to recoup travel costs. So say 4z-5z for fire arrows is okay, though I'd rather just run my merchant to the NPC and buy them in bulk myself.

But when people vend items for massively overpriced (2x or more) I have issue, specially when they use that fact that the NPC seller is not well know. There are just to many difference right now between restart and classic and renewal to be able to track them all.

But then you also run into the problem of some of the vender might not even know if a item is NPC purchasable or not. I personally have never played enough (or far along enough), even though I've played off and on since alpha/beta, to even know you could buy the basic none slotted survivor's rod till today. I didn't even know about the animal skin selling NPC till I stumbled upon them in Morroc.

edit: more spelling/grammer errors.

Edited by StarDruid, 12 September 2018 - 08:59 PM.

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:42 AM

You are correct StarDruid, it is that their intention is unknown, unless they blatantly and obviously sell an item in means to scam the user then that's on another level.

#8 CleanWaterDev

CleanWaterDev

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:06 AM

I think they do it purely to scam others.

I often see items that are sold in well know NPCs for veteran players (just to mention some, the Elemental Daggers from Einbrooch), for 1kk.

If it were refined to +9 or similar, I could even understand a higher price, but no, I saw a merchant selling a common NPC Jujube Dagger for 1kk.

If it's not a scam, I don't know how to name this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users