Rg solo Horror toy factory failed - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Rg solo Horror toy factory failed

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:17 AM

Almost killed Kimi but I ran out of pots. Pretty horrible as I spend like 5 mins and still just can’t kill her. One set of cannon spear+ob do like 200k damage, and is doubled under inspiration. I studied Chakri’s video (Really thank you for all those amazing videos Chak), and I think my damage is far too low. Even if I can kill her the pots I spend will make it very ineconomic. Really want to do this instance as I think it is at this point the best instance to make zeny. So any experience on How RG can kill Kimi quickly? Any specific gears targeting her?

Gears I am currently using:

+10 old casket mettle5, tengu set, +9 abyss, +9 Deviant FAW ea, +12 I. spear Ak ea9, +12 Mad Bunny Special, +9 Tem shoes BP, Imp ring and Tem ring.

Inspired by chak’s Most recent video, I am thinking maybe def pierce item like the armor(I don’t remember name but I mean the armor that ignores a lot of def) and pdm might be better? However abyss theoretically do 40% more damage and shadow property help to survive. So any idea on any gears I can change specifically for Kimi? Except more upgrades and higher level enchants, probably will have to wait till events to do 10+ upgrade

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:31 AM

Your shield has no card? If not, that's a lot of potential reduction you are missing out. Also don't pop Inspiration, the 1% reflect is really painfull when you do a lot of damage in AoE

#3 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:49 AM

defense pierce is very effective against kimi (with 479 def). Consider swapping out the temp ring to PDM if you have 72+ luk. Preferably 90LUK for 75% pierce.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

depending on how much luk you have, a Blacksmith Glove will have equal/better performance in general, at no stat investments. The delay reduction is pretty helpfull for OB too.

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:37 PM

From AwesomeGeek,

my suggestion on Celine:
Crimson Spear
Deviant FAW figthing spirit
Temporal Ring
Speed of Light OGH Boots
Abusive Robe STR
BSG
Old Casket & Pure White Marching Hat.
That midheadgear that has 10% skill delay reduce.
Leo Crown for Mild Wind buff. Inspiration doesnt dispell it. You could proc it before facing Celine.

And Valk shield of Royal Guard. You need Valk shield. Don’t use Bunny. The purpose of using Bunny is to gain 3 ASPD for VP spamming. However VP is useless in NTF. Celine also hits hard. That’s why Valk shield is the way to go.

Which I agree that this is probably the best set up to go toe to toe with Celine. While I agree with this set up as the best set up for RG, I’ve not really actually made a video because it still sucks when compared to other classes that have a very easy time at killing Celine.

Unfortunately, while NTF is probably the most profitable instance, it is the hardest instance for RG to do. I will try other possible combinations later to tonight.

RoG doesn’t work.
GC doesn’t work.

And yes for RG, BSG > PDM almost all the time due to stats and skills of RG.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 12 September 2018 - 12:42 PM.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

if you really aint using a shield card, the nightmare pyramid card combo+BSG will give you 100% def pen and some reduction against Kimi. Most of your AoE damage is from OB, Imperial Spear ain't great at it.

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:09 PM

Yeah I think either that card combo or Ahlspiess spear. Want to try Geler combo too as well.

#8 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

So any experience on How RG can kill Kimi quickly? Any specific gears targeting her?

Gears I am currently using:

+10 old casket mettle5, tengu set, +9 abyss, +9 Deviant FAW ea, +12 I. spear Ak ea9, +12 Mad Bunny Special, +9 Tem shoes BP, Imp ring and Tem ring.

Inspired by chak’s Most recent video, I am thinking maybe def pierce item like the armor(I don’t remember name but I mean the armor that ignores a lot of def) and pdm might be better? However abyss theoretically do 40% more damage and shadow property help to survive. So any idea on any gears I can change specifically for Kimi? Except more upgrades and higher level enchants, probably will have to wait till events to do 10+ upgrade

"Fastened" Overbrand is the best way to kill Celine. (you could reach 50% skill delay with no Kiel or Strings)
2 Kiels is ideal.

Abyss Dress is a NO for Celine unless you have 100% DEF pierce elsewhere. Her DEF is insane.
Imperial Spear sucks for OB. +15 Crimson Spear is my recommendation.
Even with Cannon Spear, Imperial Spear & +12~14 Old Casket suffer from diminishing returns. (damage bonus SHRINKS)

Use Abusive Robe & BSG.
Use Pure White Marching Hat to proc Ghost property weapon endow.
Use +7 Leo Crown before facing Celine to proc Mild Wind. (a 10-minute buff that is immune from Inspiration debuff & weapon switching).

#9 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:17 PM

And yes for RG, BSG > PDM almost all the time due to stats and skills of RG.

I disagree.
For me, BSG is only useful for RG for OBing.
I love my PDM.

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

I disagree.
I love my PDM.

Different people have different play styles. So pick whatever works best for you :^)

Edited by ChakriGuard, 12 September 2018 - 02:46 PM.

#11 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:59 PM

Thank you all for your reply, seems there’s a lot of gears I need to update. Probably will halt doing this instance and update gears first. I am using Bunny because my GTB is on Bunny. Think it is quite important as Shadow Jupiter thunder immediately after stone curse can almost kill me without it.

My hope is to build a pvm rg that will be able to solo ET, here’s some general questions

Seems now defense pierce has been a major part on offensive side. What is probably the best denfense pierce set for rg? Black threaded armor is good but kind of contradict with abyss, as when facing some boss abyss will have huge amount of damage boost. Pdm and BSG are also pretty good but temp ring and imp ring also looks really attractive. Maybe swap temp ring with pdm/bsg when facing high def boss? I don’t think imp ring can be replaced as it boost VPand CS dmg a lot

In terms of shield, I have a imperial guard for SS1 and GTB bunny. Will Gaia be better then bunny and is more suitable for GTB? Bunny give you no def, and I find it pretty hard to tank Valkyrie Randgris’ physical attack after she power up. Gaia has 150 def so maybe better to put GTB on Gaia? Is there another shield that I definitely need to get?

#12 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:32 PM

When using undead armor u immune to all her skills, and only need concern when she power up after casting reflect so i think no need to use GTB shield .. better use alice shield ..

i think better use evil druid than any shadow armor against kimi ...

#13 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:07 PM

When using undead armor u immune to all her skills, and only need concern when she power up after casting reflect so i think no need to use GTB shield .. better use alice shield ..

i think better use evil druid than any shadow armor against kimi ...

Oh that is probably a good idea, evil Druid is immune to stone curse so will not be changed into earth element.

In this case evil Druid black threaded armor might be a good one for Kimi

Edited by MournHaibara, 12 September 2018 - 11:19 PM.

#14 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:32 AM

I disagree.
I love my PDM.

Hi May I know for Pdm, what will be the ideal stat S120 A90 V90 I 54 D108 L54? Or D90 V108, or maybe leave I at 36?

#15 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:39 AM

Only go PDM if you can hit 72 and above LUK for 60% onwards pierce, if not bsg is stronger. 

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 13 September 2018 - 04:40 AM.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:44 AM

unless you have only another 38% elsewhere, 60% vs 50% pierce does pretty much the same :U The other stats on BSG are much more usefull

#17 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:06 AM

Chakri did a solo ET video showing all his gears.
You could say it's the perfect build and the set-up of gears.

Reason why I prefer PDM over BSG is because I have 100 base LUK.

I use it for several reasons and not merely for DEF pierce alone. (Mostly for PvP).

Look up the MVPs that have DEF 250 and above.
Usually it's either they have super low DEF or 200+ more.
Those with the latter DEF, use BSG or PDM, not Temporal Ring.

And when you're doing instances in general, use Crimson Spear or Lance with your Old Casket,
That set-up does better Cannon Spear & Overbrand damage.
Imperial Spear is only ideal for VP.

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:13 AM

yeap, you have enough luk to have a good benefit from PDM, thats about it

how much def the target has is irrelevant if you only have partial pierce, the end result will still be either low or high

#19 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:48 AM

Chakri did a solo ET video showing all his gears.
You could say it's the perfect build and the set-up of gears.

Reason why I prefer PDM over BSG is because I have 100 base LUK.
I use it for several reasons and not merely for DEF pierce alone. (Mostly for PvP).

Look up the MVPs that have DEF 250 and above.
Usually it's either they have super low DEF or 200+ more.
Those with the latter DEF, use BSG or PDM, not Temporal Ring.

And when you're doing instances in general, use Crimson Spear or Lance with your Old Casket,
That set-up does better Cannon Spear & Overbrand damage.
Imperial Spear is only ideal for VP.

Yeah I think in that video he kills Valkyrie Randgris in like 3 Cannon spears, while I was still bothered by how to tank her physical attack. Still long way to go. Unfortunately I think when he was killing Valk his gear window is closed so I can’t see what he is wearing. I am referring the video he introduce divine guard head in the beginning. I basically use that video as guide to build my gears.

In terms of shield, MBS and GAIA, which one is more commonly used? MBS offer like 3 aspd while Gaia is 5% aspd, Does 3 aspd overwhelms 5%? I think MBS is definitely better in offense side, but GAIA has 150Def. Would that help a lot when tanking strong MVP’s? I am hesitate which one to put gtb on.

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:54 AM

the MBS that gives aspd doesnt have a slot
case closed

#21 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:07 AM

Yeah I think in that video he kills Valkyrie Randgris in like 3 Cannon spears, while I was still bothered by how to tank her physical attack. Still long way to go. Unfortunately I think when he was killing Valk his gear window is closed so I can’t see what he is wearing. I am referring the video he introduce divine guard head in the beginning. I basically use that video as guide to build my gears.

In terms of shield, MBS and GAIA, which one is more commonly used? MBS offer like 3 aspd while Gaia is 5% aspd, Does 3 aspd overwhelms 5%? I think MBS is definitely better in offense side, but GAIA has 150Def. Would that help a lot when tanking strong MVP’s? I am hesitate which one to put gtb on.

you can always decard your cards in Malangdo island.
I prefer MBS cause it enables you to do free casting.
It's also the best shield in Bio5 farming.

seems you're a player who could afford Mjolnir.
Tao and GTB and that hammer and you will be smooth sailing in Bio5.
i find it the most profitable PvM map than anything else.

#22 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:17 AM

It's MoT card in my fav. spear.

How to tank Valk? I personally would suggest DR, Holy Gray and Holy Shield armor would do the trick. Piety wont do because she dispels quite frequently. The problem is not tanking though. It is hitting her. When she Agi's up, you need to use True Hit gears which then lower your over all damages by a lot. To tank her EQ, maybe King's Grace will do the trick.

If you try and fail many times on Valk's floor, then I suggest you only do ET until Ifirt. Soloing ET with RG is not simple. Killing Valk with RG is hard and expensive. Another build to try is MR which never miss but then ... getting this MR itself takes lot of skills that you wont even use.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

Cannon Spear is nevermiss '-'

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:01 PM

Doesnt matter if CS never misses if it has 2 second cooldown and VP misses ... so :3

#25 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:05 PM

ever heard of kiting a monster :u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users