They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:19 PM

Hi All!

So while I knew the damage and critical chance increase in advance, I was hesitant to try the set, mostly because it was unnecessary, but wanted to give it a shot anyways.

Please note that I play a hybrid AS/Warger Ranger, but it's still pretty conclusive regardless.

This item gave me an overall damage increase of 13%, however this included re-rolling my FAW from Max ASPD to Max CRIT.

It gave me an additional 30% chance to crit on top of what I had, aka about 147% chance compared to the 117% I got from the Mob Scarf combo.

While this was kind of neat, it did have a really bad side effect. Baphomet Card Effect.

I found this to be the most tedious -_- thing ever. It made it difficult to control my MVP encounters, which I would argue is the reason anyone would play warger.

If you want super damage, go Aimed Bolt, if you want efficiency, go Arrow Storm, but if you want to play a warger in any way shape or form, having control is the aim of the game, be it the summoned mobs or the ability to hitlock.

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who plays warg, but this is just my two cents.

-Mike

#2 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:48 PM

What about the splash effect made MvPs more difficult to manage? Intuitively it seems like it would make it easier. Does the damage splash cause lag or something?

#3 Newbi001

Newbi001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:55 PM

>.> haha valkyrie randgris, ifrit slave, stormy knight slave, beelzebub slave suck haha 

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:05 PM

What about the splash effect made MvPs more difficult to manage? Intuitively it seems like it would make it easier. Does the damage splash cause lag or something?

If you use hitlocking correctly, you won't even attract any side mobs, so you sustain next to no damage, where as this inherently drags things to you by tickling them for a couple of seconds.

Furthermore, in scenarios where removing certain mobs is a big deal, for example removing Kasa's from Ifrit, you can accidentally kill the other mobs which them causes more things to spawn in turn.

#5 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:25 AM

Makes sense, I just assumed it would all get hitlocked as well.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:34 AM

different monsters take different aspd to get hitlocked, and with how little the splash damage is on a ranger, chances are some tougher mobs will break out of it

Edited by Ashuckel, 17 September 2018 - 02:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users