They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:25 AM

Any updates from the team on this yet. The CM's said they'd let us know when they hear back from the DEV's on whether* it's an issue they're planning to fix, or have a solution in the pipeline. Just curious if anything has been said. 

On a side note, which team are we waiting for a response from? Are we talking #teamGenesis or is it something like the Korean branch. 

Edited by Feuer, 25 September 2018 - 08:57 AM.

#2 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:24 PM

Hey Feuer with the doping going on and stories of players getting the ban hammer for allegedly buying dup items this makes me hesitant to buy certain items in game

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:13 AM

You have 2 options at the core of it.

1: Buy IM and farm it yourself

2: Roll the dice and hope you don't get banned.

Until it's fixed anyway.

Still waiting for an update on the DEV's, which is why I posted this thread. 

#4 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:18 AM

You have 2 options at the core of it.

1: Buy IM and farm it yourself

2: Roll the dice and hope you don't get banned.

Until it's fixed anyway.

Still waiting for an update on the DEV's, which is why I posted this thread. 

Wait do you mean we really need IM items to get drops like,Medalions, rare access?

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:43 AM

If you don't want to risk your account by buying from other players, yes that's exactly what I'm saying. You could try to deduce which items are legitimate on your own, but even if your 99% sure, there's still that 1 odd % that you're wrong, and everything you worked for is gone and you're banned and have to start over. So the question is, is it worth risking months of work, for something you can pay the staff to have? I'd wager, we'd agree it's better to cough up the money, than to risk the account. 

#6 Vaztus

Vaztus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

I've always been curious as to why this game has no authentication system where the items' validity is checked. The only way you can create/generate an item in this game is when it's crafted, dropped by monsters, rewards from quests and bought from npc or IM and i didn't mention obtaining item via trade or buying/selling from other players because the item those players have would only be obtained from the actions i mentioned earlier. any item generated by other means, should automatically be flagged. Aside from that, to really authenticate item validity... shouldn't all generated items have a unique 'serial number' or any form of unique identification?

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:18 AM

When you duplicate an item, it's 'creation method ID' is also a duplicate of the original. This is why it's hard to tell, but there is 1 method, and that's the items creation or instantiation date. With things like Faith items, it's easy to tell if they're suspicious, as they've not been sold for a very long time, and the majority of any faith boxed goods have been forcibly 'opened' by the Development team. Another easy identifier is when an abnormal quantity of an item that stacks and  all share a similar instantiation or creation time and date that would be highly unlikely to ever occur, such as 30 enchantment scrolls all being created at the same time.

Tracking them down just takes some clever SQL queries and a bit of manual labor. 

The problem is fixing the source of the problem, which is what I'm waiting on an update for. Or at least from my understanding, what we're waiting for is the DEV team [not sure who this is anymore, it could be the korean publishers team?] to tell the CM's .... well I'm not sure really. I'd suspected the CM's didn't need the DEV team to tell them it's ok to post an update stating the problem is still active, but that doesn't seem to be the case? 

So I guess what we're waiting for is:
The CM's to get word from the DEV team that the duping issue is an active issue.

Then they'll presumably update the community via a pinned thread.

Then the CM's will* not be allowed to say anything until the DEV Team has presumably found and fixed the issue. But seeing as it's been 1.5 years give or take I don't think a fix is going to happen. I just want to make sure the company is being transparent with their customers because it's the right thing to do. 

Edited by Feuer, 26 September 2018 - 11:21 AM.

#8 Robertoooooo

Robertoooooo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:39 PM

Its been over nearly 2 years since the main epidemic of duping was made publicly known tho, as well as the group crash issue. Its very safe to say it'll never get handled or even have a official statement concerning those issues. They just keep sweeeping things under the rug

#9 Vaztus

Vaztus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:48 PM

Okay so to dupe item the player should already have possession of the item they want to dupe. If I understand correctly, all the properties of the item is copied when duped including how the item is created? Then they should really add a unique identifier for items generated/created, like having unique serial numbers of products in the real world. So if the item is duped and two items exist with the same 'serial number', the item is considered duped and both items should be destroyed and the account having that item is banned, hopefully this action happens instantaneous so that illicit items would never spread to other players.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:29 AM

Automated banning, no, automated suspension for investigation, yes. 

Due to the way one of the dupes works [there's more than 1 way to go it from what I understand] anyone could accidentally do it, by doing a very normal thing many people does several times a day. 

#11 Vaztus

Vaztus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:26 AM

I forgot about the possibility of accidental duping. Happened to me before and good thing i sent ticket asking the validity of the item in question. Now i'm in favor of the automatic suspension for investigation. Then the problem is the execution 'item creation ID', probably the condition for it to trigger is vague and unrestricted...

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:21 AM

The way I see it though, the more time spent on tracking down the people who abuse this, is more time wasted when they could be addressing the core of the issue. 

The problem should have been solved with a bit of investigation, while the majority of effort went into fixing the exploit itself. Once the exploit is fixed, they could invest the greater amount of time mopping up the mess.

Just some speculation here, but it seems like priority is actually

[1] Make costumes and new promotions.

[2] Quiet down the ruckus they're responsible for* by telling players they're over reacting and being inappropriate.

[3] Tracking down the exploiters for suspension.

[4] Finishing old shelved portions of the orlo update and other planned content.

[5] Address long standing quality of life bugs.

[6] Fix the duping exploit and address the GA crashing issue.

I based that speculation based on patches and their contents. The majority are indeed updates to lucky spin and promotions. The least attempted things in patch notes are fixes to the duping exploit and GA crashing [The true primary reasons why people are losing interest at an alarming rate]. We never cared ROSE was paid progression and ease of access / fashion mall in it's monetization. Sometimes things come off as .... planned unfairness, but it was largely forgivable as it's majority cosmetic [majority being the key word]. But there's no point getting anything from the cash shop if everything is being duplicated, it's not special due to that, and buying it to sell to other players is losing it's prospect because no one wants to risk losing their accounts. 

Edited by Feuer, 27 September 2018 - 05:23 AM.

#13 kojek

kojek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:26 PM

You guys still care about this game ?
Even staff from this game didn't care anymore.. if they care, they will try to find a way to fix this game.. not let this game have a problem when already 2 years ago..they just add some event and add some new costume and make a new patch, but not even fix the problem.. they just open the forum topic and read our complain, and not reply even discus with us, because they don't care anymore..let the game alive with problem.. half player quit bcs this problem, and half stay to this game and enjoy the game within problem..

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

That seems a malformed question. 

Everyone here, "cares" about the game. There's some who care if it succeeds, and there's some who care about making it look as horrible as possible.

I want the game to succeed. The question is do the DEV's want it to succeed ENOUGH to just stop doing all the wrong things for the right reasons, and listen to what the community has been telling them for years is wrong. 

I made this thread, to make sure they don't forget, or don't come under the impression that we've forgotten or are 'OK' with the current state. To remind them that the mutual contract between business and customer is precisely that, mutual. We support the staff, because we expect them to support us. 

So I will remind them, we're waiting, beyond even the most liberal definition of patiently for them to uphold their end of the deal. They've advertised and promoted an expectation of their service, and it's not achieving that expectation. 

So, Staff;

Any updates yet from the DEV team on the duping issue? 

#15 kojek

kojek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

I'll try to remind them too,they reply my thread,but, still no sense.
https://forums.warpp...d/#entry2869397

#16 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

WOW! they haven't locked this topic yet? :boogie: it's a upgrade!!! 

#17 kojek

kojek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

Not this time.. maybe soon.. or they don't read the topic yet.. whenever on this topic have a bad complain..maybe they will lock it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users