[Resolved] Campitor telling me to become GM -- obvious suspicion - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Resolved] Campitor telling me to become GM -- obvious suspicion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kotaro301

Kotaro301

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:17 AM

He said he was gonna lock my account because he was helping me turn my account into a GM -- which he did. However, I still didn't buy it because this was done within 2 hours. Like cmon, it literally sounded too good to be true.

This is the conversation.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Tl;dr -- he told me he'll lock my account for TWO weeks and he says its a rollback as a reason. That's really hard to believe. '

I tried to put the support at warpportal but goddammit, there's alot of errors flying everywhere & its pissing me off.

SOOOO I put it here, please tell me if this is not the place to put it. I want to play the game without any consequences.

To add, I didn't give my password and -_- but this guy was able to pull up all my equipment and my other characters.

My reason for not believing? Cmon, its 2018, hackers are a thing. People steal identities and etc. This is cakewalk.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:38 AM

Hello there,

This is a known scam, please refer to the pinned topic about items scam here.

At the same time, make sure to revert the changes made to your game client, client changes (sprite change) of the same are not permitted and can result in account suspension. If you downloaded anything else from the scammer, delete it and perform a thorough system scan.

Since you are having issues sending a ticket, try to send the ticket to WP support email instead using the format posted here.

If there is anything else we can help you with let us know.

#3 Kotaro301

Kotaro301

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:51 AM

Yes I redownloaded everything and deleted everything. Thank you for telling me.

Should you see anything weird under my account, please let me know so I can fix it. I dont want an irreversible ban.

#4 Kotaro301

Kotaro301

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:56 AM

Hey, I just wanna know how this guy got all of my equipment info and everything else. Is there a website that does all this stuff? He even had all of my character names from every account & such

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:04 AM

Might as well change and enhance your accounts and WP account login info to make sure the credentials are safe, but only do that once the system scan is finished.

Hey, I just wanna know how this guy got all of my equipment info and everything else. Is there a website that does all this stuff? He even had all of my character names from every account & such

It is possible they used fan made website: https://ropd.info/.

At the same time, such info can be pulled easily through other means such as data mining bots. Note that, they will not be able to learn your account ID, password and email unless they were shared willingly.

#6 Kotaro301

Kotaro301

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:29 AM

I just changed my password, hopefully your system scan was finished in time.

Thank you for your help.

I feel like an idiot but I pulled through. Good thing I did some research while idly talking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users