Retooling GX for RC/CRS, and Katar Crit Suggestions - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Retooling GX for RC/CRS, and Katar Crit Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

I got my first character to 175/60 a couple days ago (thanks to this board for all the build help along the way!), using MA almost exclusively. I really like the class, and now that I've maxed the level, I got to thinking that I'd like to have two GXes - one for RC/CRS and one for crit.

Current equips:

+10 ME3 Old Bone Circlet / +9 Acute lv. 4 Old Bone Circlet

Imperial Feather

Royal Guard Necklace

+13 Crimson Katar (neutral) with 2x Hunter Fly / +13 Crimson Katar (holy) uncarded (will put AK cards in or buy a +15 holy)

+10 Evil Dragon Armor / +9 Abyss Dress

+9 Immune Heroic Backpack

+7 Enforcer Shoes

Verus Core (Gold Scaraba)

Blacksmith Glove (Gold Scaraba)

+9 Physical/Malicious shadow sets

I'll likely use MA to level the second GX again, but once it's leveled will switch it to a crit build. In light of that, I'd appreciate all your help with the following questions:

1. What equips do I need to really get rolling with RC/CRS?

My current gear would work fine for the most part, but for Bio 5, I was thinking about securing the following:

Mettle OBC

Toy Syringe

Holy Abusive Robe (or holy Medical Scrubs or similar? let me know)

Do I need FAW?

What do you guys think about PDM vs. Blacksmith Glove? 

For accessories, Verus Core vs. something else?

Thoughts on carding accessories with Gold Scaraba vs. Kafra Blossom for Bio 5?

2. Can you check this proposed build for katar crit? 

+1X Acute lv. 4 Old Bone Circlet (is there a point at which OBC is better than WDEH? Would Acute lv. 5 make a difference in that decision, as opposed to lv. 4?)

Sunnies

Mob Scarf

+15 Crimson Katar (holy) w/ Sidewinder and AK cards

+9 Fatal FAW

+9 Temporal LUK LD/AD

Temporal Ring (Gold Scaraba) 

PDM (Gold Scaraba)

STR 114

AGI 100

VIT 80

DEX remainder (30-40 ish?)

LUK 126

INT 1

Thank you!

#2 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:42 PM

I got my first character to 175/60 a couple days ago (thanks to this board for all the build help along the way!), using MA almost exclusively. I really like the class, and now that I've maxed the level, I got to thinking that I'd like to have two GXes - one for RC/CRS and one for crit.

Current equips:

+10 ME3 Old Bone Circlet / +9 Acute lv. 4 Old Bone Circlet

Imperial Feather

Royal Guard Necklace

+13 Crimson Katar (neutral) with 2x Hunter Fly / +13 Crimson Katar (holy) uncarded (will put AK cards in or buy a +15 holy)

+10 Evil Dragon Armor / +9 Abyss Dress

+9 Immune Heroic Backpack

+7 Enforcer Shoes

Verus Core (Gold Scaraba)

Blacksmith Glove (Gold Scaraba)

+9 Physical/Malicious shadow sets

I'll likely use MA to level the second GX again, but once it's leveled will switch it to a crit build. In light of that, I'd appreciate all your help with the following questions:

1. What equips do I need to really get rolling with RC/CRS?

My current gear would work fine for the most part, but for Bio 5, I was thinking about securing the following:

Mettle OBC .honestly i'd go for adamantine instead. since mettle only affects weapon atk

Toy Syringe .seraphim + toy syringe is good. new wave sunnies + toy syringe is good too. 

Holy Abusive Robe (or holy Medical Scrubs or similar? let me know) get holy cons robe instead.

Do I need FAW? .if you're going for CRS, then yes. EA FAW is good. but you also need to sometimes switch so it's not a default garment. 

What do you guys think about PDM vs. Blacksmith Glove? .if you care about the delay, BSG is the way to go. since this october they will change the effect of enforcer shoes (possible to get the nerfed effect back) you wont be needing the PDM's 100% def pierce

For accessories, Verus Core vs. something else? .verus core is already good enough. since you dont have a phreeoni+wings combo, you wont be able to hit agi up'd monsters if you dont have this. 

Thoughts on carding accessories with Gold Scaraba vs. Kafra Blossom for Bio 5? .test the waters. if you can survive everything there except earthquake, you wont be needing KBC. go for extra damage. if you cant outpot the other elemental damage, go for KBC

2. Can you check this proposed build for katar crit? 

+1X Acute lv. 4 Old Bone Circlet (is there a point at which OBC is better than WDEH? Would Acute lv. 5 make a difference in that decision, as opposed to lv. 4?) .acute lvl 3 is already better than +11 eddga

Sunnies

Mob Scarf .unless you have LK card, better get gambler set 

+15 Crimson Katar (holy) w/ Sidewinder and AK cards 

+9 Fatal FAW

+9 Temporal LUK LD/AD

Temporal Ring (Gold Scaraba) 

PDM (Gold Scaraba)

STR 114

AGI 100

VIT 80

DEX remainder (30-40 ish?) .you dont even need to put dex if you're purely crit. pump other stats like str for more damage or vit for more survivability. 

LUK 126

INT 1

Thank you!

i suggest save up for a JDR or farm it in SF. 

#3 Shinoru

Shinoru

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:IRO CHAOS

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:30 PM

How does one simply save for JDR ??? :p_omg:  :p_omg:  :p_omg:  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

#4 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

earn more, spend less? 

#5 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:03 AM

Awesome, thanks, man! I'm quite far away from a JDR... but will try farming it myself. My main source of income has been buying and reselling, which is reliable but will take some time to build up the zeny needed for that kind of item. I'll need to figure out some other ways to earn money quick.

Some quick follow-ups on RC/CRS:

1. In recommending Seraphim Coronet, I assume you're suggesting pushing my INT to 120 as well? 
  2. Mettle OBC vs. Adamantine - how does weapon ATK affect RC/CRS, as opposed to pure ATK? Adamantine does look compelling, though.
  3. Aside from FAW, what other garments do you find yourself switching to in Bio 5?

#6 vSolemn

vSolemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:21 AM

You might want +10 Phreeoni Wings.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:30 AM

specifically for being wATK%, it is better than general atk%.

#8 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:06 AM

jdr +0 range price now how much? since i read on forum jdr trade with kiel that mean 80b++?. but some say jdr 40b?

Edited by LiteAdi, 05 October 2018 - 05:06 AM.

#9 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

specifically for being wATK%, it is better than general atk%.

To clarify - are you suggesting Mettle might be more viable than Adamantine?

I understand wATK is preferable to general ATK, but since it's smaller and the increase works on a percentage basis, would the Mettle increase be significant enough for RC/CRS to outweigh the HP/DEF increase from Adamantine?

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:02 PM

up to personal preference

getting more hp is useless if you don't actually need it
same goes to damage.

#11 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:26 AM

Just got my second GX to 175/60, so took about a week start to finish (really wanted to grind it out before the pirate event ends and I lose the free BM x3s). Also snagged a FAW, which is +9 EA9 for now.

I'm still like 10b off from gearing up my katar crit GX (Gambler's seal set + Temporal Ring + Temporal LUK Boots LD/AD + maybe Fatal FAW), so that's on hold for now... will focus on trying to farm items.

#12 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:07 AM

Just got my second GX to 175/60, so took about a week start to finish (really wanted to grind it out before the pirate event ends and I lose the free BM x3s). Also snagged a FAW, which is +9 EA9 for now.

I'm still like 10b off from gearing up my katar crit GX (Gambler's seal set + Temporal Ring + Temporal LUK Boots LD/AD + maybe Fatal FAW), so that's on hold for now... will focus on trying to farm items.

You are getting there man! Keep it up! If time and strength permits, make another GX!

#13 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

You are getting there man! Keep it up! If time and strength permits, make another GX!

Thanks, man, I appreciate you! I really like the class. No clue what build I'd aim for with a third GX, but I honestly like the leveling process itself and I could see it happening.

It's weird to have the leveling process end and simultaneously feel like the game's just starting, with all the end-game content I've never gotten around to until now.

If I go hard on another class, I think it'll be an AB, strangely enough. Something a bit different from GX with a huge, widely used skill pool and (eventually) a party focus. I've got an FS high priest from 2008/2009 that's sitting at 99/70, so all I'd have to do is run the AB job change quest and figure out how to level the thing without just turn-ins. Regardless, I won't bother with that until I've got these two GXs set up.

#14 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:54 PM

For a third GX it will be a good mix of the two. I have only one GX and this is what I did XD. The RC/CRS/CI build can do some crits if the need arises with the right balance of gears.

Edited by angelopaol1011, 10 October 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#15 Raivan858

Raivan858

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:00 PM

Hello man! How is your katar crit GX? Does fatal faw better than EA?

#16 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:25 PM

Hello man! How is your katar crit GX? Does fatal faw better than EA?

I think for crit gx fatal is better than EA siice you won't really be using crs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users