Returning player from 2015, any advice? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning player from 2015, any advice?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 rjherome

rjherome

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:41 AM

I've just started playing again after 2015, I still got all my characters and they're all 150/50, but three of them are bugged (keeps being disconnected after I have selected the character, submitting a ticket to support only yields me an error.) . I have no more items as they were not all migrated from pRO except for a few low tier ones. Any advice on solo leveling and how to catch up with the zeny/wealth/economy on this game? I really want to stick on playing iRO and I'm looking for something that will motivate me. Seems like also all my zeny are lost, so there's that. I have no problem on grinding and I still got the fundamentals on this game, but I would need to catch up with these new items and learn about the current economy. Server is Thor. Thanks!

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:12 AM

Hello there and welcome back.

Since you are having errors with the support system, please give it another try and contact the staff about the DC-ing characters by sending them an email using the instructions posted here.

#3 rjherome

rjherome

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

Hi Cinnamon!

I waas checking my account, looks like the boss cards inserted into my equipments are gone? E.g. Thanatos from hunting spear and carga mace, Kiel from EE and Sunglasses, etc. Are those items wiped after migration?

Edited by rjherome, 12 October 2018 - 04:36 PM.

#4 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:33 PM

Yep you cant bring them here in iro, all mvp cards here are hunted after migration (unless there is something fishy going on, even devilings and angelings if i recall)

Only weird thing that was left untouched was entweihen crothen for some reason lol

Also welcome back :D

#5 rjherome

rjherome

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:41 PM

Oh that’s why. Any advise on where I should begin again and farm stuff? I’ve only got 7m left lol so npc supplies should be covered. And I’ve seen Mjolnir Coins from my characters. Any idea what are those for? Thanks!

#6 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

I have no idea what does mjol coins are for lol

What char?

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:41 AM

Oh that’s why. Any advise on where I should begin again and farm stuff? I’ve only got 7m left lol so npc supplies should be covered. And I’ve seen Mjolnir Coins from my characters. Any idea what are those for? Thanks!

Mjolnir Coins are place holders, I do not know what they are really for, most likely have no use on iRO.

#8 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:52 AM

So theyre salt for the lost items lmao

#9 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:15 PM

Just start fresh on chaos

#10 rjherome

rjherome

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:43 PM

But I feel like my characters will go to waste, I have 6 150/50 characters on Thor. Or Thor is already a 'dead' server?

#11 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

It's not dead, it is alive n kicking

It is a bad idea to start fresh on chaos with the wtfkery happening there with inflation n all

#12 rjherome

rjherome

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:12 AM

Looks like my 3 main characters are corrupted and unrecoverable as per support. My morale of playing iRO is definitely gone now.

#13 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:23 AM

Supposedly, wiping the inventory is the only way to fix that. However, if the characters are completely corrupted then this is something else.

You may want to check with the GM staff further on that in the ticket.

#14 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:50 PM

Looks like my 3 main characters are corrupted and unrecoverable as per support. My morale of playing iRO is definitely gone now.

Dont worry i also experienced it and i still did fine. Most important thing is that your char is intact

And as a migrate you are given 3 gacha box for free per account, you can claim it in eden 2nd floor

Another one iswhen you have a disconnected char and you report it they will give you a couple of starters like hd ori hd elu mora coins and stuff

#####
Cinnamod a couple of chars my friends asked me to look after also have these dc chars up to this day, can i still claim? Lol

#15 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:53 PM

Dont worry i also experienced it and i still did fine. Most important thing is that your char is intact

And as a migrate you are given 3 gacha box for free per account, you can claim it in eden 2nd floor

Another one iswhen you have a disconnected char and you report it they will give you a couple of starters like hd ori hd elu mora coins and stuff

#####
Cinnamod a couple of chars my friends asked me to look after also have these dc chars up to this day, can i still claim? Lol

You get gacha box? What do these box gives lol

#16 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:24 AM

Not literally gacha box :heh: just one of those pre ocp era box in which i cant recall the name xD

The one that gives faw and hbp

#17 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:31 PM

Groove boxes I think it was.

#18 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:25 PM

Which NPC in Eden gives the boxes? I actually had no idea.

#19 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

The black clothed long hair dude near the dude on 2nd floor eden that stacks things for you

#20 SiLverSaLt

SiLverSaLt

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:26 AM

hi, i also have accounts migrated to thor. but i started in chaos last week and saw the prices, which i think i can't cope with. lol, my only concern in thor is when i see the players it only counts up to 400+ max. i'm not sure if it would be worth investing time again in thor as it is now?

#21 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:51 AM

if he says thor isnt dead then it's not, but i have tell you it's worthwhile to start fresh in chaos. we have recently had a neat surge of returning players, and it has been healthy for new players to come across several other new ones too.

about the prices, as of date it is a bit harsh and overwhelming for new players, but i would assure that several items in instances have also been valued higher to cope with the inflation issues. lets be real, no new player in iRO can easily rise up. that was evident even before.

#22 SiLverSaLt

SiLverSaLt

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:52 AM

well i'm currently leveling my acolyte in chaos and looking for a guild to join. if TS is still active i advice you to try both servers and feel the community. i picked chaos mainly because of the population though. lol,

#23 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:12 AM

Yep you cant bring them here in iro, all mvp cards here are hunted after migration (unless there is something fishy going on, even devilings and angelings if i recall)

Only weird thing that was left untouched was entweihen crothen for some reason lol

Also welcome back :D

why if mvp card and zeny are wipe many against thor and chaos merge?

#24 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:50 AM

there was a lot of bugs and loopholes around the process,

zeny for example wasnt really wiped wiped. people bought npc items in bulk and had kept them to turn them back into zenies for thor. especially when carat diamonds were buyable through mjolnir map. our economy before also dealt with a lot of billions, and it was quite easy to reach those numbers enough to earn you several stuff as a veteran with a one up against new players. so in my opinion it's same same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users