Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat - Page 11 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
375 replies to this topic

#251 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:20 AM

I would like to preface that I practically farmed all of my MVPs back when I hardcore grinded the game. With that said:

You're not wrong and I actually very much agree with you.  But this goes back to the same problem as I pointed out before. Regarding iRO being the only server that is extremely different from their counterparts, kRO, twRO and even jRO.

Is it bad being different? Not necessarily but I think it's pretty obvious that when all of those servers have more players than iRO that speaks enough for itself. Maybe it's time to think about why the server is the way it is rather than romanticizing about how being more p2w will kill the server (not that it isn't already p2w anyways and with the recent BB 2x card rate fiasco, lol).

Why is iRO the only one with actual dupe problem? Every server has RMT problems but iRO has it the worst with all the RMT AND dupes. Let's think about it, if iRO had the MVP card/sealed MVP card albums in the original OCP like every other server will it be as bad as it is? Will it generate as many MVP cards as it has now with dupe being rampant? Will people be as keen on buying it off gold sites? Probably not because no one will seek an illegal way when there is a legal method and once again the card rate from the boxes are, once again, EXTREMELY low (I have personally tried it on twRO, I didn't get anything). This not only allows WP to generate enough revenue to update the game but perhaps hire more staffs so it can actually regulate the game correctly. With enough staffs maybe they can have more people investigating the dupes.

You guys always see the bad side of things but never sit down to look at things objectively. You hear p2w and immediately shoot down the idea, never tried to understand how low the rate of the card/albums are, what it could do for WP as a company, whether or not actual new players want this and what it could do to help new players in this game catch up to veterans. 

I've never asked you to join them or lose your standards like you claim. I said that it could've been an alternative way to stop dupes, help new players catch up and generate revenue for WP which will then be able to fund updates. Because at this point, whether or not Campitor admits it, it is pretty much very obvious that we only get updates if we generate enough revenue. And I really want the new Illusion dungeon update.

EDIT: PS: Putting MVP cards does not benefit me in anyway possible other than selling these cards since I have every card that I need except for a RG card, just in case any of you think that I could actually gain anything out of this. 

Edited by Diskence, 19 October 2018 - 01:22 AM.

#252 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

We are drifting from the main topic again, please try to stay on track.
I understand the RMT and dupe situation is a matter of concern, however going into lengthy discussion in this topic is not fit.
Been said, make sure you are at least within main post:

Greetings All!

Cordite here, and we want to talk PvP with everyone. Currently, we're looking into improving WoE participation and general PvP play, so we are asking for our players general feedback regarding WoE, and what would encourage more players to actively participate? We are also looking to discus general PvP play, and how players feel about partaking in PvP. Everyone is welcome to give their input, whether it would be suggestions or grievances. We are looking to collect information that we can potentially use to improve PvP as a whole.

Some points we are looking for

• What difficulties have our players experienced getting guildmates to participate in WoE?
  • What would make active combat more rewarding during WoE on an individual level?
  • How convenient / inconvenient is it to partake in PvP in general?
  • How difficult is it to keep your guild supplied under the current server environment?
Please note we will venture into addressing additional platforms for PvP in a later post, for now we are looking to address WoE here and general PvP combat flow. We look forward to your feedback. Thank you.

#253 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 October 2018 - 02:58 AM

Wait, so ... let’s say it’s 2018 now and if they modernized iRO to have seal’ed MvPs in Cash shop then everyone would be equally strong in WoE. Finally we could have OCPs as rewards. This sounds fair to me. This could be another solution too. Players then get to choose to either spend money to be strong or actively farm and camp MvPs to be strong. Time is money and money is time. Use whatever resources you have in abundance.

I get that when we have seal’ed MvPs in Cash shop, some hardcore farmers may leave the game but what about those P2W players who already left iRO? And now kRO doesn’t even care about iRO. All their attention is at twRO.

iRO may keep F2P players and lose P2W players and then we also don’t get to have new game updates.
twRO may keep P2W players and lose F2P players but at least they get attention and updates.

Otherwise, I am expecting to see OCP C (100th OCP box) in iRO and we still don’t have NOGH or level 185 patch update rolf

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 October 2018 - 03:07 AM.

#254 Cordite

Cordite

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:46 AM

Not making any promises but from the player input on this string we have a few starting points on improvements we are looking further into, such as:

• A reward system that rewards actual active combat during WoE (not yet able to discuss the exact method, but please rest assured that a method is currently being looked into. As soon as we can, we will share the concept with the community)
  • Potential PvP only supplies that can be obtained, but usable only in PvP play (to be obtainable by several methods, still being looked into)
  • forms of fast travel options (such as teleporters) to help players have easier access to PvP locations / events (this will be at an increased cost for non VIP)
  • Dorams to be potentially classified as player race

To be clear at this time we are making no promises on what may be implemented, and there are also several other points that we are looking into but not yet at a stage to discuss. Please know we do have an intent to improve the PvP experience, and this process will not be immediate, and will take some time, however all of the suggestions here have been noted down. We will continue to monitor the string, if anyone wishes to contribute a fresh idea, please feel free to jump in.

#255 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

Hard cap to resistances please.

#256 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 19 October 2018 - 02:02 PM

I hope its a kill/assist point system or a bounty board quest for items.

#257 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 02:52 PM

Hmm doesn't look like skill balance made the list.

Oh well :P

Also I forgot to even mention PvP.

The reason I don't go is because damage is too high. WoE is a lot better for PvP because it has a large reduction on damage. In PvP everything is unreduced so you just can't outplay unless you have like 200k HP or cheats.

Edited by Scuba, 19 October 2018 - 04:02 PM.

#258 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:47 PM

this process will not be immediate

Yeah like all the time update takes years, we are used to it by now

#259 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:42 AM

I hope it can be implemented soon xD

but i'm looking forward at the doram and the reward system for pvp and woe

Edited by Icarus05, 20 October 2018 - 04:42 AM.

#260 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:25 AM

in-game announcement (town limited) if someone goes inside pvp

#261 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:18 AM

Not making any promises but from the player input on this string we have a few starting points on improvements we are looking further into, such as:

• A reward system that rewards actual active combat during WoE (not yet able to discuss the exact method, but please rest assured that a method is currently being looked into. As soon as we can, we will share the concept with the community)
  • Potential PvP only supplies that can be obtained, but usable only in PvP play (to be obtainable by several methods, still being looked into)
  • forms of fast travel options (such as teleporters) to help players have easier access to PvP locations / events (this will be at an increased cost for non VIP)

To be clear at this time we are making no promises on what may be implemented, and there are also several other points that we are looking into but not yet at a stage to discuss. Please know we do have an intent to improve the PvP experience, and this process will not be immediate, and will take some time, however all of the suggestions here have been noted down. We will continue to monitor the string, if anyone wishes to contribute a fresh idea, please feel free to jump in.

While i don't expect them to come out of the fly for anything damage formula related suggested in my post, these few here are really doable and would already do immensely good. 

Also, Dorams being classified as player is just an update we haven't received yet, it happens on kRO and all you need to do is get that patch from them.

Stasis needs to be blocked by unwalkable terrain

It's duration needs to be properly reduced by the stats of the receiver

Mandragora Howl cannot go through unwalkable terrain.

All Masks have a 1s cooldown on use, success or not. 

Manhole duration halved. 

Defending Aura movement speed penalty reduced.

Most AoE spammable skills with a 0.2~0.3 cooldown(woe only)
Most skingle target spamable skills with a 0.2 cooldown(woe only)

Added: 0.3s cooldown on Snap.

#262 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

Any progress is still still progress. Looking forward to a better RO.

#263 JoaquinAndres

JoaquinAndres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:27 AM

You read us ^^ TQ

#264 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:41 PM

Please make sure a reward system is anti multi client. 

#265 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

Please also consider my suggestion about adding a Battle Grounds System PvP in exchange for rewards may it be coins for Shadow Equipment or other consumable stuff. You guys are seriously late with game updates and I think this is one of the best things you could do to keep players like me in game.

#266 TadRen

TadRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:30 PM

For me, the main issue is getting one-shotted constantly, then there's no fun at all. I'm a fully support sac rg, with fully reductions -- no god nor mvp.

#267 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

For me, the main issue is getting one-shotted constantly, then there's no fun at all. I'm a fully support sac rg, with fully reductions -- no god nor mvp.

Moves like tetra vortex or guillotine fist or crushing strike or other "strongest single target skills of a class that are not spammable" should at least be able to OHKO people who are not dedicated tanks. Thats their whole thing after all.

Edited by mlmf, 24 October 2018 - 02:29 PM.

#268 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:44 PM

You mean:

One hit AS

One hit Picky

One hit GOH

one hit TC

One hit VP

One hit CRS

One hit CI

yah..i always received those on WOE 1 and 2 and i'm just like "welp...time to play TE only xD"

#269 tihom

tihom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:17 AM

Thank you so much for listening to some of our concerns, I would be great if you could allow the PvP only supplies be accessible in WoE and Battle Grounds aslo.

And Just as a heads up, The Battleground queue system has been broken for the past 2 years.

You mean:

One hit AS - Use an Imuke shield

One hit Picky - Again Use a Damn Imuke Shield  

One hit GOH - That sura is also Low HP as all hell, almsot any class can 1 shot them. If you can't do it by yourself work as team. WoE is a team game

one hit TC - You should not be dying to TC with all Demi reduction available now, if you are dying from splash know your squishy teammate and stay away

One hit VP - If you are dying to this, you should stop using PVM gear in woe, 1 hit VP has never been a concern for even someone with 20k hp in woe. You are clearly wearing the wrong gear.

One hit CRS - CRS if done right hurts to all hell, but you know now its possible to hit 100% ranged dmg reduction on any class. Just use an Imkue shield

One hit CI - You should be one hitting a GX who gets close enough, use a Maya Purple card. Don't let stuff get too close, positioning is important in woe.

yah..i always received those on WOE 1 and 2 and i'm just like "welp...time to play TE only xD" -- Also in TE you can get 1 hit Gfist, 1 Hit KS, 1 hit Acid bomb,or 1 hit Meele atk from a sinx on kaite (all of this if you don't wear the right gear)

Edited by tihom, 25 October 2018 - 12:19 AM.

#270 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:52 AM

Good early morning!
A friendly reminder to keep postings within topic, such as drama, off topic and inappropriate posts are not tolerated.

Note: Earlier post is removed, account suspended (2 days), the mod notice posted here stands. Thank you for understanding.

#271 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:35 AM

You mean:
One hit AS
One hit Picky
One hit GOH
one hit TC
One hit VP
One hit CRS
One hit CI

yah..i always received those on WOE 1 and 2 and i'm just like "welp...time to play TE only xD"

One hit CRS is fine since a gx will prolly die if it needs another one

Picky on the other hand....

#272 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:00 AM

Hard cap to resistances please.

+1

You mean:

One hit AS

One hit Picky

One hit GOH

one hit TC

One hit VP

One hit CRS

One hit CI

not even aware which is which hit my rk lol oh my! my noobness.

also the disable immunity like 100 total vit for stun etc... since i read somewhere in other server its been balanced nor disabled

#273 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:44 AM

+1

not even aware which is which hit my rk lol oh my! my noobness.

also the disable immunity like 100 total vit for stun etc... since i read somewhere in other server its been balanced nor disabled

One hit CRS is fine since a gx will prolly die if it needs another one

Picky on the other hand....

one hit crs is kinda understandable xD..picky...idk when picky can one hit me..

btw...i got +9 cranial imuke and a decent human defence. basically, my gear of mine is not really fancy, in fact my gear is just economical. my gear help me a lot last year even i start woeing around lvl 120 on my doram (on my rk, 150..glorious set..this is before ocp) until i maxed out. that gear of mine saves my doram from being one hit starting around august 2017 to feb 2018(My cat is kinda tanky before. up to 3 goh with red hp, can survive EB without doing stoop,CI is not a problem thanks to stoop and Tiger cannon? i only lost my SP. my hp, i still got a lot of it..and occassionally a target practice in pvp..only gfist,CS,and tetra can one hit me)

then on june..or april i guess..i got one hit..maybe because i cannot keep up on the monthly change of meta. the final nail that hit my doram hard is the defence penetration items..which makes my set obsolete..and since i don't have much money to spend..i borrow some items to my friends and still got one hit..then i just let my cat sleep and I only do TE as of now..I do not mind on gfist and acid bomb since this is counterable and enough demi human def can let you live for a long long time. but woe SE and the other one..idk how can i solve my doram's problem..i am even suprise that i can get still kill on my stoop status wahaha..my cat is terribly weak at this point wahahaha

#274 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:38 AM

I dont play doram so i can not tell much but well

If something can one shot you while on stoop and some resist it's most likely CS/EB or you got weakness before some OHKO skill hit you like a truck

I sometimes mental str for the luls in woe when i was still using sura so i can relate to being hit during stoop, meanwhile atm i wait for the stoop to finish before i strike not really worthit to spend my 10 roll crs on a cat with 90% redux on (stoop)

#275 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

Some more suggestions...

• block OCP in WoE
  • block Unfrozen Shadow Set in WoE

Why block OCP in WoE?

It would bring back a life cycle to the game. People spend money for OCP to farm PVM, those PVM gears can be used in WoE.

Why block Unfrozen Shadow Set in WoE?

You should already know the answer to this, so many people pointed out why having this set available in WoE was stupid, and that hasn't changed to this day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users