What's the element of MVP physical skills? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's the element of MVP physical skills?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 carbonrow

carbonrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:43 AM

More specifically, I'm talking about Egnigem Cenia (MVP)'s bash/ clashing spiral and Ifrit's sonic blow/pulse strike.

Are they neutral or do they reflect their respective element? (e.g. Ifrit's sonic blow and Egnigem's bash becomes fire so fire armor reduces the damage)

Or if they're neutral, will Ghostring and Deviling cards reduce their damage?

Any help will be nice, it will help me achieve my #ETgoals  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#2 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:51 AM

Physical attacks of mvp's (normal atks) are almost always neutral

The exceptions are when they use their "elemental" normal attacks in which has an effect similar to some magic skills but is actually physical and unblockable by gtb. An example is ifrit's fire attack which looks like a fireball but is actually a nuke-errr a physical atk

Physical "skills" is another matter

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:55 AM

you can check db.irowiki for most monsters skill sets and see what skills they use, "X element attack" can be obviously deduced by the name, player skills carry those elements, if a skill doesn't have innate element it is neutral, and lastly, for "special" skills with bit of different names, you can check irowiki for more details.

#4 carbonrow

carbonrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:16 AM

Wow fast responses! Thank you! :p_love:  :p_love:

The exceptions are when they use their "elemental" normal attacks in which has an effect similar to some magic skills but is actually physical and unblockable by gtb. An example is ifrit's fire attack which looks like a fireball but is actually a nuke-errr a physical atk

Yeah I think I know what you're talking about, it's called "NPC FIREBREATH" which is a Fire element ranged physical damage. So I assume Fire armor (e.g. Pasana/Lucius) will reduce this damage?

Does that mean though that Ifrit's Sonic Blow and "NPC PULSESTRIKE" is neutral, thus can be reduced by Ghostring and Deviling cards?

you can check db.irowiki for most monsters skill sets and see what skills they use, "X element attack" can be obviously deduced by the name, player skills carry those elements, if a skill doesn't have innate element it is neutral, and lastly, for "special" skills with bit of different names, you can check irowiki for more details.

By that do you mean Egnigem Cenia using Magnum Break mean it's a Fire element attack just like a player's Magnum Break is? MVPs CANNOT change the element of their normal/auto attacks right? It will always be neutral?

Edited by carbonrow, 14 October 2018 - 05:21 AM.

#5 carbonrow

carbonrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:28 AM

Also, can you elaborate on the "Physical Skills"? So like, is Egnigem Cenia's Bash and Clashing Spiral neutral (resisted by Deviling/Ghostring) or is it Fire, because Egnigem is mainly Fire 4 element?

#6 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:08 AM

Yep fire armor will reduce that fire breath thing from ifrit

Egnigem's Cs and bash are one of those"physical skills" and is at the same time neutral so devi and gr will reduce it. Examples of some that have element are skills like bomb, holy cross and the dark counterpart (unholy cross? Lol), magnum break (egnigem can kill you with this, luckily it wont proc if you are the only one attacking her) etc.

Basically these are most of the time skills that use atk as its basis and not matk and will not be blocked by gtb. Except EQ, eq is magic but is based on atk and will always be neutral if used by monsters and is weird since devi doesnt reduce it.

Monster attacks are always neutral, if they ever used skills you can always check it out in the wiki and see what element it is.

#7 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:55 AM

Yeah I think I know what you're talking about, it's called "NPC FIREBREATH" which is a Fire element ranged physical damage. So I assume Fire armor (e.g. Pasana/Lucius) will reduce this damage?

it would reduce the magical portion of the damage (i think 50%? feel free to correct me), but if you were wearing DR along with that fire armor, you'd be taking 50% of it right back (unless of course you were wearing dr etran, in which you would get the full effects of the fire armor's reduction)

edit: dr would reduce the physical portion of the dmg though. that's why for ifrit its best to tank/kite it while wearing dr etran + fire armor. you can throw in a fireproof pot too if you wanted and that would also help reduce the magical part of iffy's fire skill.

Edited by Fuuton, 14 October 2018 - 10:59 AM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:08 AM

physical = not magical. Reduced by def, not mdef.

magical = not physical. Reduced by mdef, not def.

Neutral = element of the attack, can be either physical or magical, according to each skill.

"Insert element here" = element of the attack, either physical or magical, according to each skill.

NPC_FIREBREATH is a physical fire property attack. It is a fire element attack, so fire resistance decreases it, and its a physical attack, so Def reduces it(also inherits other properties of physical attacks, such as being in this case blocked by pneuma, for being a ranged attack)

#9 carbonrow

carbonrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:24 AM

Thank you all for your answers! I'll try and use what I learnt here for next week's ET :heh:  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users