This setup has potential to work with Biskra and DC raids.
1st Prot is the main tank:
Max points are all in Shield/Block Defense.
- a few points can by pulled off attack or restraint, if you don't plan to take your Prot to PvP.
- Main Tank
2nd Prot is the back-up or 2nd tank:
Max points are in Spiritual Intensification and DNA in reducing heals' cool down.
- 2nd Tank
So what effectively happens?
1st tank max in Shield/Block def with max Spiritual Intensification from 2nd tank.
In effect, the 1st tank is getting max of both Block and Def stat.
- Survival Instinct = lv10 (459 SDef & 459 LDef)
- Strengthened Survival Instinct DNA = 6 (294 SDef & 294 LDef)
- Skin of Stone = lv10 (666 SDef)
- Strengthened Skin of Stone DNA = 6 (426 SDef)
- Shield Mastery = lv10 (91 Block)
- Strengthened Shield Mastery DNA = 9 (249 Block)
- Aegis of Protection = lv7 (100 Block)
- Strengthened Aegis of Protection DNA = 0 (0 Block)
- Shield Fortress = lv4 (8% Block)
- Strengthened Shield Fortress DNA = 4 (4% Block)
- Spiritual Intensification = lv7 (998 SDef & 998 LDef)
- Strengthened Spiritual Intensification DNA = 7 (998 SDef & 998 LDef)
Effective total before gear:
SDef = 459 + 294 + 666 + 426 + 998 + 998 = 3841 Short-Range Def
LDef = 459 + 294 + 998 + 998 = 2749 Long-Range Def
Block = 91 + 249 + 100 + 0 + 8% + 4% = 492.8 Block Def
The only draw back:
- the main tank is weaker solo'ing vs. the 2nd tank solo'ing.
- the main tank will get a total of 6 buffs (minus the Physical Blessing) & 3 heal HoT buffs.
-- coupled with Ele's' HP bliss and WL's HP bliss, and Rad's Def and potential debuff from mob may cause some buffs to fall off due to 15 buffs/debuffs max per character.
Edited by CarpD, 04 January 2011 - 10:06 AM.