Renewal FAQ Friday 10/19 - Page 2 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal FAQ Friday 10/19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#26 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

I logged on today to go try Gramps Low TI on my Whitesmith.

I found it almost unplayable due to the multiple AFK Auto-caster. For the most part I tend to avoid scenarios that are unfavorable to me on iRO; however, this is a really difficult one to get past.

Even when I first started there were many mobs to go around but now it is getting even more difficult, would be tough for newbies that start on here to get that early game level boost from gramps with these many AFK Auto-casters. Again, I'm not against them it's just the nature of this game to reach this kind of build eventually. We've had this kind of thing with auto-reflect paladin in the past (or I've seen it in other places) but Gramps Low TI is just one of those maps that newbies get a really good start in and get them into iRO.

My question is: Will there be any solution to the lack of monsters for the high amounts of people that show up to this map? 
Any Solutions to this dilemma Campitor? Is the staff at least aware of how troubling it could be for new players as well?

Thanks

EDIT:
I'm gonna re-ask the question, I saw the solution that involves having an NPC respawning the mobs in low TI but that doesn't solve the problem.

The actual issue is that the majority of monsters in gramps go to all the AFK Autocaster that are located in multiple areas of the map. People cannot Kill Steal because that is against the rules, so we can't touch that. Even if the monsters respawn the amount of monsters that go to the AFK levelers is much greater than the ones other people in parties get.

Again, I am aware that OCP items came out and their combination of high DEF/Resistances and auto-cast skills and so forth enabled this; however, at Nightmare Clock Tower Level 3 we see different classes standing in certain areas, mainly the large squares in the map and I have noticed that the majority of them have very high neutral resistance and some of them manage to make the enemy monsters Miss that causes them to build up more and more and more mobs while decreasing the mobs in the area. If you want a full analysis of this feel free to ask for it.

Once more, I can still complete my boards and whatnot there is not a whole lot of trouble there given the size of the map, since I can still avoid it, but what I am getting at is how the AFK leveling builds up a concentration of mobs that die very slowly over time depending on how much DPS is dealt from the auto-cast and the level/HP/MDEF/DEF the monsters have.  What I am explicitly getting at after such a long explanation is that adding more monsters is simply not gonna fix the problem, making those monsters respawn will only go to those AFK levelers that already have a very high concentration of mobs.

Sorry for the long explanation that should have been just a question but this is required given the fix proposed not actually solving the problem. With all due respect, go to Gramps Low TI on Friday night, from 5PM PST to 8PM PST, go to Nightmare Clock Tower and check the maps and count how many monsters stick to one person while dying a very very slow death. You should see what people have continuously been trying to point out. Your efforts are appreciated with the mob check script in low TI but we still need to look at the consequences caused due to this witholding of mobs.

Thanks for reading this long post.

Edited by CaptainSunbear, 28 October 2018 - 12:09 PM.

#27 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:16 AM

November is around the corner. When will Rune Stone Improvement be arriving?

#28 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:26 PM

November is around the corner. When will Rune Stone Improvement be arriving?

When kRO says so kek.

I wish this was a joke.

#29 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

Hi Camp and Astra.

What is your opinion regarding AFK leveling?

#30 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

Would you do something about AFK leveling? We can't hunt manual if the monster get mobbed by afk player

Edited by andxres, 28 October 2018 - 10:41 PM.

#31 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:52 AM

I would also like to voice my concerns regarding afk leveling in TI maps.

It really makes it hard for everyone but no one more than new players.

Something must be done soon, these maps are the most important maps for levelling and should not become monopolised be a few wealthy players.

Will you be taking action soon? 

Really enjoyed the Halloween event and hoping for something above +7 in spooky soon too! Keep it up guys  :waddle:  :waddle:  :boogie:  :boogie:

Edited by JaguarBlood, 31 October 2018 - 05:48 PM.

#32 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

Hello folks!

This is a FAQ thread, it is created to ask questions, if you wish to discuss the AFK Leveling matter further please use the existing topic here.

#33 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:47 AM

November is here. When are the updates gonna be released? Rune Stone Improvement when?

What are your fave Halloween Trick or Treat Candies? Campitor, Cinnamon and Astra?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users