October 24th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 24th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

XnLJJ9C.jpg

October 24th, 11:00AM - 5:00PM PST

Updates 

• Halloween Event and Spooky Machine go in this week - see details below!
  • OCA is updated with new items (list will be released during maintenance)
    • Apocalypse
      Noxious
      Venomous
      Waste Stove
      Ungoliant
      Porcellio
      Obsidian
      Mineral
      Teddy Bear
      Metaling
      Holden
      Anopheles
      Hill Wind
      Egnigem Cenia
      Armeyer Dinze
      Wickebine Tres
      Errende Ebecee 
      Laurell Weinder 
      Kavach Icarus
      Remover
      Gemini-S58
      Gremlin
      Beholder
      Seyren Windsor
      Eremes Guile
      Howard Alt-Eisen
      Kathryne Keyron
      Cecil Damon
      Venatu
      Dimik
      Archdam
      Green Maiden
      Orc Baby
      Grove
      Gold Acidus
      Blue Acidus
      Red Ferus
      Green Ferus
      Yellow Novus
      Red Novus
      Hydrolancer
      Dragon Egg
      Ancient Mimic
      Death Word
      Plasma
      Breeze
      Baroness of Retribution
      Mistress of Shelter
      Lady Solace
      Maero of Thanatos
      Odium of Thanatos
      Despero of Thanatos
      Aliza
      Alicel
      Aliot
      Skogul
      Frus

Events

yBg6gcr.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Our Halloween event begins!
    • What spookiness is spooking around Rune Midgard this year? Speak to the Crying Girl in Prontera 267,121 to begin!
  • The Spooky Machine (35,38 mocpara01) event will be returning!
  • Raffler is In Prontera
  • Big prizes are in Bold. Updates are in Red.
    • Beelzebub Wing Box (1)  /  Strawberry (1-20) - 31,000z 
    • Dress Hat (1) / Witch Starsand (1-10) - 60,000z 
    • Silvervine 100 Box (4) / Alcohol (1-10) - 150,000z
    • Bubblegum (5) / Blue Herb (1-10) - 33,000z
    • Poison Bottle (5) / Karvodailnirol (1-5) - 500,000z
    • HE Battle Manual (2) / Immortal Heart (1-10) - 50,000z
    • Fish In Mouth (1) / Fabric (1-10) - 60,000z
    • Rideword Hat (1) / Mermaid's Heart (1-10) - 25,000z
    • Enriched Elunium / Rough Elunium (1-20) - 450,000z
    • Enriched Oridecon / Rough Oridecon (1-20) - 450,000z

Cash Shop

Community

• Tune into our next livestream Crazy Uproar over at twitch.tv/warpportal on Tuesday, November 6 at 3PM PDT!

*Silvervine System

Spoiler

#2 AreaCode562

AreaCode562

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:54 PM

Can you please add Katar[2] on socket enchant NPC? Drop rate from desert wolf for this item is very low and rarely vend from the market place.

#3 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:43 AM

Can we have the Older costume boxes for sv?

Edited by Drengineer, 24 October 2018 - 03:43 AM.

#4 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:43 AM

@Camp

October - Revival of Morroc
November - Dewata
December - Brasilis

When these updates are added can you possibly scale the exp of them to be better than biolabs(DO NOT NERF BIOLABS).  I think everyone would enjoy somewhere new to level at this point.  The last multiple dungeons since quite frankly original juperos have been entirely useless from the leveling stand point and that is honestly disappointing. 

It would be great if all the cash shop items were on the SV vendor.  Problem is the duped silvervine that they don't seem to be handling very well.  There are costumes i want but i'm not about to buy an RNG box to get them.  If i could buy the costumes directly(not in RNG box) with KP or SV i would buy them though.  Obviously most of the boxes are rigged with horrible ones then 1 or 2 good ones people actually want.  The RNG nature of it chases many from even attempting it though.

Edited by Wyndor, 24 October 2018 - 09:00 AM.

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:01 AM

@Camp

October - Revival of Morroc
November - Dewata
December - Brasilis

When these updates are added can you possibly scale the exp of them to be better than biolabs(DO NOT NERF BIOLABS).  I think everyone would enjoy somewhere new to level at this point.  The last multiple dungeons since quite frankly original juperos have been entirely useless from the leveling stand point and that is honestly disappointing. 

It would be great if all the cash shop items were on the SV vendor.  Problem is the duped silvervine that they don't seem to be handling very well.  There are costumes i want but i'm not about to buy an RNG box to get them.  If i could buy the costumes directly(not in RNG box) with KP or SV i would buy them though.  Obviously most of the boxes are rigged with horrible ones then 1 or 2 good ones people actually want.  The RNG nature of it chases many from even attempting it though.

Honestly? We almost always put costume boxes on completely even chances we tried uneven chances once and it didn't really improve the sales of the box.

#6 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

Is it possible to enable logging off at the Upper Levels of thanatos tower? Sometimes i get dc when going Up, and need ti Start the quest all over again when the Main Characters get dc

#7 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:13 AM

Honestly? We almost always put costume boxes on completely even chances we tried uneven chances once and it didn't really improve the sales of the box.

When i said rigged i meant there are junk ones to dilute the pool, not that you guys rig the drop chance of good ones. What i suggest is each individual costume being on the store and not an RNG box that you can't decide what you get.  I think alot more people would be interested in paying a few dollars for a costume vs the few people willing to spend alot more to MAYBE get a costume they want. 

Example of this is i wanted the MVP costume, my friends bought costume boxes cuz i said i would pay alot for the MVP costume, my friends were enticed by the price i offered and wanted to make money off of it.  None of them actually got the costume and ended up with crappy ones that no one wants/buys so now they don't really buy costume boxes at all because of how poorly that worked out.

I understand the whole RNG gambling aspect lures dunces in to waste money but it certainly doesn't seem to be the case on this server with this low of a pop since i virtually never see new costumes being sold.  Also you tried switching the odds, did you display this to the people or was it a behind the scenes thing?  I have never heard of this and i mean if you did it without telling anyone i imagine they just looked at it like i do that im going to get screwed with crappy ones that i'm not wasting my money,

Edited by Wyndor, 24 October 2018 - 09:14 AM.

#8 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

Is it possible to enable logging off at the Upper Levels of thanatos tower? Sometimes i get dc when going Up, and need ti Start the quest all over again when the Main Characters get dc

Please, i had to do the quest two Times Last week and still did Not made to the top becouse i got DC.

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:06 AM

Please, i had to do the quest two Times Last week and still did Not made to the top becouse i got DC.

The intended scenario is that is that players cannot save or log out on those maps. But people getting DC'd needs to be looked into and considered. Perhaps as a temp fast travel to the same floor system or something. Need to think on this.

#10 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:19 AM

Since we Need the Stones to summon the mvp, there is no reason to Block the losging out, since we Need to do the quest all over again to get new Stones.
At least if possible, make it possible to Go from the 5th to the 6th floor with the Stones, instead of the keys. So we just Need to Go Up, Not to do the quest again.
Another possibility is to alow logging out on all Floors but the Last one. Since we can Not Go back the floors, when we Reach the Last one and kill the mvp, we will return to the Last floor and will Not be allowed to log out there

#11 Sumayks

Sumayks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

Another possibility is to alow logging out on all Floors but the Last one. Since we can Not Go back the floors, when we Reach the Last one and kill the mvp, we will return to the Last floor and will Not be allowed to log out there

If that happens it would be very easy to get the invocation amulets, I do not think that's a good idea. maybe a scheme like ET dust would be a good one.

I insist again on some PvP event, teams 4x4 -7x7 would be very good for the server, since WoE is dead. PvP events contanstes attract new and old players, as well as being quite entertaining.

#12 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:52 PM

If that happens it would be very easy to get the invocation amulets, I do not think that's a good idea. maybe a scheme like ET dust would be a good one.
I insist again on some PvP event, teams 4x4 -7x7 would be very good for the server, since WoE is dead. PvP events contanstes attract new and old players, as well as being quite entertaining.

This guy went all the floors alone Last Time we killed the mvp, becouse he got DCed on the 8th floor

#13 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

Server is open.

#14 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

You should have ler us know that u were removing the pirate Exchange, i was Collecting hunting boards to use my Last few coins :(

Edited by Drengineer, 24 October 2018 - 02:44 PM.

#15 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:27 PM

can you fix the new costume reward ? it says "unknown item" with a apple sprite although the appearance of the costume is bear when equipped even so its kinda distracting seeing this on my equip window, thx 

#16 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

the spooky machine...

seriously, whats the point of using it to get a buff instead of a consumable? why not make the reward a consumable item so we can use when we wish? its once a day and we need to pray to get the right buff at the moment we need it

#17 bmw550GT

bmw550GT

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:11 PM

Please bring back the pirate Exchange. We need to be warned before you get rid of this. Me and my friends have a lot of coins hanging in their inventory.

#18 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

It was posted on the actual site, just wasn't listed on the forum post.  [Removed].  You knew the event was over.......

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 October 2018 - 03:14 AM.
Mod Edit: That was unnecessary.

#19 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:45 PM

it was told here in forum that the npc would stay for a while, but never said how many weeks. It should be warned that the npc would be removed, like almost every change is warned

#20 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:02 PM

Pirate exchange for 1 last week please, it was not clear that i was going to be out this maintenance and i got stuck with many medals aswell.

Edit: What is BOO?  If those are not implemented there is almost 0 chance to get the secret custome. :x

Edited by Panteperu, 24 October 2018 - 07:28 PM.

#21 Dickoo

Dickoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:17 PM

Damn i still have lots of coins, I am not playing 24/7 which makes it difficult for me to exchange all the coins into BMX3 Buffs. Please keep maybe just the coin exchanger for more time. 

#22 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:47 PM

I'm not sure why you guys went out of your way to farm a ton then expect them to keep the npc around to provide free bm/gum for weeks after the event ended.

Should have bought costumes n not stock piled them expecting free buffs after the event ended.

I agree this current event is being handled very stupidly as well though. Stop with events giving buffs, give the actual item account bound and set the item to expire when the event ends. Also where is the boo item so you know upgrading your broken buckler is actually possible.

Edited by Wyndor, 25 October 2018 - 12:49 PM.

#23 AreaCode562

AreaCode562

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:30 PM

Pirate exchange for 1 last week please, it was not clear that i was going to be out this maintenance and i got stuck with many medals aswell.

Edit: What is BOO?  If those are not implemented there is almost 0 chance to get the secret custome. :x

I'm not sure why you guys went out of your way to farm a ton then expect them to keep the npc around to provide free bm/gum for weeks after the event ended.

Should have bought costumes n not stock piled them expecting free buffs after the event ended.

I agree this current event is being handled very stupidly as well though. Stop with events giving buffs, give the actual item account bound and set the item to expire when the event ends. Also where is the boo item so you know upgrading your broken buckler is actually possible.

I think I found out what BOO is https://forums.warpp...-that-boo-card/

The cards consist of B and O cards
It will drop (low rate) if you kill mobs while equipping strawberry in mouth
When you have the complete set (B,O,O), you can use those when upgrading cracked buckler on the spooky machine to have enriched refine rate 

I think they forgot to enable those.  :heh:

#24 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:32 PM

Lol so they didn't add the item required for those to drop, didn't add the actual items themselves i imagine AND the machine is basically useless for us with these upgrade chances zzzzzzz.

#25 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:54 AM

@Camp when is the item to collect BOO going to be patched in for us?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users