Can we cut it out with character bound episode currency? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can we cut it out with character bound episode currency?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:15 AM

Character Bound currency is a new 'feature' that has appeared with update 16.1 and continued into 16.2 to time-gate the episode rewards. I assume this is to make up for lack of content by forcing players to re-play the same thing every single day.

Honor Tokens and Schwartz's Honor Tokens (Monster Tokens from the World Drop Event also) are the worst. Why should the game dictate how hard I can work to earn something? If I level characters specifically to farm instances (relevant signature) I should be able to do so. If I power through enough runs, I should be able to get the rewards faster and more often.

Also, character bound currency is an OCD nightmare. I always end up with some random number of them stuck on my character. When I try and organize my misc items, there are always those obnoxious character bound items cluttering things up. (Pictured below are Honor Tokens, Schwartz Tokens, Monster Tokens, and Doom Tokens. There are probably more.)

hVdRXPx.png

Lastly it takes up weight limit. I'm not talking about the X/10,200 Weight limit. I'm talking about the invisible item cap of your inventory. I can hold less total items because of this. Which is important when my character already consumes 20 of these slots with equipment. Not to mention consumables and ammunition.

We should be able to put these in our Kafra storage at least. Then I can at least organize it and not have an aneurysm every time I look in my inventory.

#2 Realbeast

Realbeast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

totally agree with this.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:24 AM

Mora coins

#4 MyneShadedow

MyneShadedow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Server:Rice Field

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:39 AM

+69 for this

#5 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:46 AM

yes, make it vendable as well to ease people with high capital but less willpower to purchase them.

make it symbiosis mutualism and give incentive for people that doing routine instance run.

#6 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:48 AM

Doom token can be exchanged in verus at least

#7 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:54 AM

i think it was to prevent duping done by placing things in kafra storage

i'm not speaking from experience either, i just happened to stumble upon this process in another server  :p_omg:

#8 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:01 AM

i'm not speaking from experience either, i just happened to stumble upon this process in another server  :p_omg:

confirmed

#9 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:48 AM

Thanks for this post. :no1:

#10 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:13 AM

If only there's an item like OCA that have reverse function wherein you can store an item for n count. (which will only occupy 1 space of my precious 100 slots) 

Edited by ilovemuffin, 24 October 2018 - 06:13 AM.

#11 garimto

garimto

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:11 AM

So they should fix the underlying issue instead of inventing silly ways to put a bandaid on it and causing worse QOL.  Duping sucks for sure, but they need to prioritize this at some point instead of putting it off and causing problems for legitimate players.

#12 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:15 AM

But who doesn't like having their 100 item limit in their inventory cut down by 10-20 different char bound items?!?!? :o

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:25 AM

hey, it's better than carrying around 40 types of consumables, i guess :T
first world min-max issues

#14 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:47 AM

DDO started doing that more and more as the game went on and it pissed me off just as much over there.

OCD item management intensifies.

#15 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:13 AM

just make them ROdexable but still account bound like high energy fragments, and don't tell anyone about it.

then let people find about that on their own

#16 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:10 AM

just make them ROdexable but still account bound like high energy fragments, and don't tell anyone about it.

then let people find about that on their own

Rodex is filled with mysteries

Sad i tried to rodex Maya purple just to se eif i cnpan transfer it or not

Cause who would want to spend potentially dozens if not hundreds of millions in decarding trash stuff just to transfer a what, 10m~20m card?

#17 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:07 AM

(...) Which is important when my character already consumes 20 of these slots with equipment. (...)

over 50 slots only for gears here.

I partial agree with this. You know, Mora Coins and other character bound rewards are like that (i think) for protecting of abuse players, ppl who alt and autofollow to complete (in some cases). So I agree with some not related to 16.1-16.2 quest, ie the tokens from verus and some trash items (adventure towel too), but I find it necessary on honor tokens and swarchshsjdwwhd tokens.

#18 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:31 AM

:heh:.

Edited by PIayboy, 24 October 2018 - 11:33 AM.

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

Account binding is fine, character binding is a pain in the ass though.

#20 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:37 PM

The other solution is to increase the 100 item limit which seems very arbitrary and I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't be able to be increased. Now if it were a limitation from the game code (e.g. 255 items) that'd make more sense as to why it's been stuck there for years, but at 100 why not just change it?

#21 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:24 PM

over 50 slots only for gears here.

I partial agree with this. You know, Mora Coins and other character bound rewards are like that (i think) for protecting of abuse players, ppl who alt and autofollow to complete (in some cases). So I agree with some not related to 16.1-16.2 quest, ie the tokens from verus and some trash items (adventure towel too), but I find it necessary on honor tokens and swarchshsjdwwhd tokens.

A couple people have mentioned Mora coins. From the DB websites they say those items are account bound. I think only the newer ones are character bound. As far as people "abusing" autofollowing characters, that has existed for a long time. For example, Malangdo culvert. People would multiclient seagods anger and that "episode currency" is vendable. Also, I believe the coins that drop from the coin bags are all storageable too. 

The other solution is to increase the 100 item limit which seems very arbitrary and I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't be able to be increased. Now if it were a limitation from the game code (e.g. 255 items) that'd make more sense as to why it's been stuck there for years, but at 100 why not just change it?

This is a solution to one symptom of the problem. But it doesn't solve any of the actual problems. Same thing as increasing the vend limit. It doesn't solve anything it just pushes it back.

I just thought of this, but you can also put the items in your "favorites" tab (ironically because I hate them). It still takes up the item slot but at least the inventory isn't so ugly. I still have a problem with the fact that it takes over a month of farming to earn 1 reward no matter how hard I work though.

#22 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:55 PM

Account bound: Yes

Character bound: No

Can we have a separate inventory instead for quest items, like any other game. I mean, those type of items shouldn't be included on the count of what you already have. It should have an infinite cap.

Or maybe make them like Cash Points were it is just a number and has no physical representation. Same with KVM points.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:04 PM

A couple people have mentioned Mora coins. From the DB websites they say those items are account bound.

On iRO :)

Out there, Mora gears even drop from monsters, because there's no way to trade coins as we do here.

#24 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, in pRO as far as I can remember they drops from monsters or supposed to or some parts of the set. I haven't really experienced it or maybe not. Who knows.

#25 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:03 PM

thought about this a bit more and while i agree with making them account bound, just know that from a market perspective abu/flattery and the 16.2 robes will drop in price since people will be able to make them quicker.

in short, what we are asking for now will hurt our wallets in the future as sellers. but im ok with this :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users