Can we cut it out with character bound episode currency? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can we cut it out with character bound episode currency?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#26 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:43 PM

thought about this a bit more and while i agree with making them account bound, just know that from a market perspective abu/flattery and the 16.2 robes will drop in price since people will be able to make them quicker.

in short, what we are asking for now will hurt our wallets in the future as sellers. but im ok with this :P

Theoretically I could do the same thing for 30 days and then cash in on everything and get 12 Flattery Robes to sell. It amounts to the same thing.

I just don't have monk-like patience or a fetish for masochism to deny myself from rewards for that long.

Edited by Scuba, 24 October 2018 - 06:46 PM.

#27 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:51 PM

while they are at it they could add the costume republic hat too maybe? it's not that difficult '-

#28 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:03 AM

separate tab for all char bound items and does not count as items in inventory is that possible?

#29 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 02:43 AM

The way I see it, if I want to buy milk I just need to go to the grocery store.

I don’t need to become a farmer and milk my own cows for it. My work is something else and it allows me to buy stuff.

Why can’t it be the same here? I have other ways to acquire zeny, why should I be forced to farm them myself?

#30 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:47 AM

Because that's how kRO extends the playability of new content so they can put in the most minimum effort in coming up with new things for the game.

#31 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:49 AM

The way I see it, if I want to buy milk I just need to go to the grocery store.

I don’t need to become a farmer and milk my own cows for it. My work is something else and it allows me to buy stuff.

Why can’t it be the same here? I have other ways to acquire zeny, why should I be forced to farm them myself?

It's the same here, you can just by the gears whilst others are farming but not on the level of industrialized farming tho due to some punishing limitations (TIME)

#32 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

It's the same here, you can just by the gears whilst others are farming but not on the level of industrialized farming tho due to some punishing limitations (TIME)

Not quite the same. The end product can be bought yes, but not the base material.

Also, enchants.

#33 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:57 AM

Account bound is fine with me, but character bound is infuriating and, as others have pointed out, eats up precious inventory slots.

#34 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:53 AM

Theoretically I could do the same thing for 30 days and then cash in on everything and get 12 Flattery Robes to sell. It amounts to the same thing.

I just don't have monk-like patience or a fetish for masochism to deny myself from rewards for that long.

i was just thinking of all the extra unused coins really. if they were account bound, you might get away with making one or two leftovers with all of the unused coins so you'd have just a bit more of them floating around. due to value though, they might not even drop since they're highly favored.

i feel you on the latter bit, totally why i agree. i remember when it first came out and i started running it with 4x character every night, all quests. somewhere around 3/4 of the way done, i had to stop for about 5 days because it was just too much.

#35 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:19 AM

Yeah I got to about 400 on 12 characters. I gave up, bought a robe, and enchanted it instead. Its a game not a job @_@

And it was STILL tedious and annoying because I could enchant like 8 times then i'd have to swap the robe to a new character to try another round. Its like WHY?!

Edited by Scuba, 25 October 2018 - 11:20 AM.

#36 ChainsOfHeaven

ChainsOfHeaven

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:24 PM

I really don't know why they would actually do this since it discourages people from doing relevant content. If the GM could provide a meaningful or logical explanation, I would be satisfied. I personally can not think of one unless they want people to purposely get burned out and frustrated. Like Scuba mentioned, it turns into feeling like a tedious job. Hardly anyone wants to work at McDonald's and it's even less appealing if you can only spend your pay on McDisappointment.

#37 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:37 PM

giving you guys a hint, you can dupe items that can be stacked or is a bundle, but you cant dupe something that doesnt stack, which is armor and the like. unless if the other form which ive heard reproduces items one by one has become rampant, then idk. but as of the moment they did that to prevent storage formed dupes

im telling u guys it's anti dupe @_@ min-maxing the situation or whatever qualitatively, it's either they give up your QoL or risk more duping to happen, which in turn, i would come to expect you guys would love less duping to happen instead.

as for the solution to duping, that's in their hands, but seeing as though they gave up your precious QoL to band aid fix the thing, i assume they're pretty desperate themselves for an answer which can suit everyone's tastes.

#38 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

every currency should be tradable, non account bound by now... either that or create an npc that allows to exchange among them...

im sitting on geffen magic tournament coins, could use those to get mora coins or something else.

Also access quests on every character is so 2000... less barrier of entry for things, you either unlock once and thats it or get vip access to x dungeon/instance.

Let us login, enjoy and move on... 

People willing to do quests/instances should be able to go there by option not by force...

Here goes to dreaming for a better (user friendly) RO

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:55 PM

giving you guys a hint, you can dupe items that can be stacked or is a bundle, but you cant dupe something that doesnt stack, which is armor and the like. unless if the other form which ive heard reproduces items one by one has become rampant, then idk. but as of the moment they did that to prevent storage formed dupes

im telling u guys it's anti dupe @_@ min-maxing the situation or whatever qualitatively, it's either they give up your QoL or risk more duping to happen, which in turn, i would come to expect you guys would love less duping to happen instead.

as for the solution to duping, that's in their hands, but seeing as though they gave up your precious QoL to band aid fix the thing, i assume they're pretty desperate themselves for an answer which can suit everyone's tastes.

Please PM the method for these items.

#40 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

Please PM the method for these items.

you don't own me

jk gimmie a sec

#41 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:20 PM

Sounds similar to the DDO dupes.

As I expected.

#42 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

If you can dupe items simply by putting them into storage. The game has bigger problems than whether or not episode currency can be put into Kafra. There's no chance this was done as an anti-duping measure. Especially because it seems like Campitor is not familiar to the method you are talking about.

#43 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:58 PM

If you can dupe items simply by putting them into storage.

Oh you'd be surprised. I have knowledge of five different ones on Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Some were...frighteningly simple.

But since I care about still playing this game I'm not very willing to try them out here and get banned trying to help.

#44 ChainsOfHeaven

ChainsOfHeaven

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

You are completely wrong. One of the current methods for duping is an SQL injection exploit. Not going to go into details but I can assure you and Campitor can tell you that armors or anything else can 100% be duped. Perhaps you know of a method that can only dupe stackable items. Not calling you a liar but it is definitely possible. This is especially an issue on Classic and the other Renewal server. I assume you have been playing long enough to know that the old USRC prize weapons were duped in mass quantities.  

#45 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:06 PM

You are completely wrong. One of the current methods for duping is an SQL injection exploit. Not going to go into details but I can assure you and Campitor can tell you that armors or anything else can 100% be duped. Perhaps you know of a method that can only dupe stackable items. Not calling you a liar but it is definitely possible. This is especially an issue on Classic and the other Renewal server. I assume you have been playing long enough to know that the old USRC prize weapons were duped in mass quantities.  

yeah we may be coming from different perspectives. i am not oriented with duping things that arent in quantity, thus they are new to me. i am sorry for saying it wasnt possible on my part.

but yeah it's mostly cause in storage, there is no input output process being sent to the server itself. it only pushes through whenever you put stuff in or take them out in storage. cleanest way to get around it tbh.

#46 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:11 PM

Needs some sanitizing then.

#47 Cristalion

Cristalion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:50 PM

well the "character bound" is made it to force you farm that and help (dedicated people) to make zeni, and with this zeni inflation Im glad that are character bound BUT i think gms should make those useles character/account bount items like (the midas whister, the regular one when you become geneticist and others similar gears) those gears are useless and the only way to "remove them" is create a new char put all character/account bound item you dont want and delete that character...honestly this is kinda anooying and since GMs doesnt play this game as "normal player" they dont know how annoying is have those items in storage or on character.

GMs should review thhose character/account bound items and make them at least sellable to npc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users