Racial multiplier vs. crit damage multiplier - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Racial multiplier vs. crit damage multiplier

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AGaabrieel

AGaabrieel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

I'm not sure what card should I use in my hunting spear for my EB RG, Hydra vs. Aunoe

According to the iRO wiki, the crit damage is calculated as: Highest Weapon Level Variance Damage × 1.4 × Critical Damage Modifier%.

My question is quite simple: when do racial multiplier come in to the equation? Also according to the same wiki, the final ATK eq. is (StatusATK × 2) + WeaponATK + ExtraATK + MasteryATK + BuffATK, and where do the different multipliers come in? I ask this because, if the racial multiplier of, say, Hydra card, affects the final damage, you're much better going with a Hydra card rather than an Aunoe, even if you're building 100 crit, since you'll have (Final ATK × 1.3) × 1.4 × 1 which is higher than Final ATK × 1.4 × 1.2.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

https://forums.warpp...-mechanics-wip/
https://irowiki.org/wiki/ATK

#3 AGaabrieel

AGaabrieel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

The wiki is not very clear on that aspect (I've already read that article a few dozen times). The topic, on the other hand, solves my problem, I think.

So, if anyone wants the answer, assuming everything else equal, we have:

((StatusATK × 2) + WeaponATK + ExtraATK + MasteryATK + BuffATK)*(1.4 + 0.2) > ((WeaponATK + ExtraATK)1.2 + (StatusATK × 2) + MasteryATK + BuffATK)*(1.4)

Solving that for WeaponATK + ExtraATK, we get that the condition for Aunoe being more effective than Hydra is that (WeaponATK + ExtraATK) < (5/2)*(MasteryATK + BuffATK + StatusATK*2). Ofc, to get more benefit from Hydra, the opposite is true, you need that WeaponATK + ExtraATK > 2.5*MasteryATK + 2.5*BuffATK + 5*StatusATK, which could be achieved with... uuh... idk, +20 Hunting Spear or something.

Sooo... don't waste your money with racial multipliers. They suck. :/

Edit: missed a number in the equation and ended up on a totally (numerically) different result, although similar conclusion.

Edited by AGaabrieel, 24 October 2018 - 06:15 PM.

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:31 AM

You may be missing something key in your thinking -- which is that you can stack a lot of critical damage mods from other sources (boots, garment, armor, headgear, accessory) where-as you have far fewer sources for atk% boosts like hydra (or AK). 

So if you were to only have one source of damage boost, then sure Aunoe will beat Hydra. But if you plan to use temporal luk boots, luminous blue stone, temporal ring, a fatal enchanted faw, a petal card, an acute enchanted headgear, or a luk enchanted abusive/consultative robe, then hydra will win. 

The point is to balance the different damage mods to give you a bigger end product. 

Put another way, 5 x 5 = 25 which is bigger than 2 x 8 = 16, even tho both of those use "10 points". 

So, putting an aunoe card into your weapon will cost you more since you can get that crit damage from other sources and further multiply it with something like a hydra card. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 26 October 2018 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users