Stop AFK leveling - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Stop AFK leveling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#76 DJmeowmeow

DJmeowmeow

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:36 AM

Except AB, Sorc, Wizard can't do LONG RANGED DAMAGE.

Read the item man... it says PHYSICAL or MAGICAL type to trigger the autocasting, doesnt say anything about LONG or SHORT!

If change the effect of dmg reflection, only the type will be affected, range remains same

#77 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:51 AM

Read the item man... it says PHYSICAL or MAGICAL type to trigger the autocasting, doesnt say anything about LONG or SHORT!

If change the effect of dmg reflection, only the type will be affected, range remains same

Know how the game works man. Physical means it can be proc'ed from short AND long ranged attacks. If you remove the ability to proc from short ranged attacks, suddenly autocasting is only viable for people who can use long ranged attacks.

#78 DJmeowmeow

DJmeowmeow

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:32 AM

Know how the game works man. Physical means it can be proc'ed from short AND long ranged attacks. If you remove the ability to proc from short ranged attacks, suddenly autocasting is only viable for people who can use long ranged attacks.

short+phy and long+phy are two types,

lets assume:

short = a;

long = b;

physical = 0;

magical = 1;

Thus,

both a0 and b0 will trigger CDinmouth;

Read my original post at #69, I have never mentioned cancel short-range damage reflection.

My suggestion:

add a new type, lets call it "the 3rd type",

Then:

the 3rd type = 2;

And:

a0, b0, a1, b1 will trigger autocasting items, both a2 and b2 can not trigger,

See man, I have never said CANCEL dmg reflection, your rabbit shield will still reflect dmg and u will still see the very low damage number such as 1, 2

However, it will be the "the 3rd type" which can not trigger CDinmouth;

Edited by DJmeowmeow, 01 November 2018 - 02:34 AM.

#79 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:35 AM

thats not how the game works, and it cannot be done

#80 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:46 AM

This thread = When you think you see the Matrix code but in reality its just the tubes on your 1995 monitor flickering.

#81 Cristalion

Cristalion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:17 AM

this topic should be closed...is pointless, people cant force others to stop "afk leveling" because is legit and this topic will generate several differences of opinion.

I dont like afk leveling but Im nobody to try gms dont allow that anymore because I know how hard it is farm zeny or those items.

#82 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:58 PM

this topic should be closed...is pointless, people cant force others to stop "afk leveling" because is legit and this topic will generate several differences of opinion.

I dont like afk leveling but Im nobody to try gms dont allow that anymore because I know how hard it is farm zeny or those items.

The other thread will arise after this thread close. There is only one solution to stop thread like this, no afk leveling.

As long they keep ruin mob spawn. People will keep agressive to this topic.

#83 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

k

#84 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:02 PM

"People"

#85 Newkami

Newkami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:07 PM

Just keep putting Passive monsters in low TI :DDDD

#86 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:22 PM

The thread has already concluded by WP staff response here:

Having consulted with the elder ones from the before 2010. The traditional ruling regarding kill stealing as as follows.

Please do not engage in ill mannered behavior against other users. Kill stealing from players is ill mannered behavior and can result in punishment. As the players in question are not actively engaging the monsters or leading them back to their party they have no claim to hold the monsters perpetually.

If someone is kill stealing from you please submit a ticket so that the GM team can assist you further. Do not engage in ill mannered behavior against a user you are accusing of kill stealing as that will only result in both users being in trouble. If the GMs are not properly investigating your ticket please PM Barracuda so he can review your case. Please note that the best reports include a short replay file of the kill stealing action.

That all being said. Don't use this as carte blanche to harass afk levelers. If they are fighting face tanking one or two monsters leave them alone. But if they have hordes of monsters than they cannot expect to lock down a large percentage of the maps spawn table for a significant period of time.

While it does not specifically point against AFK leveling, it should at least provide some tips to help you maintain your normal game play.

With all been said, AFK leveling, leeching, gwing leveling parties, BBs, Prize Medals, stacking Turn Ins, etc... are all forms of leveling that affect other users one way or another. Voicing concerns is something, but to rally against the users is unhealthy to the community.

Let's move on to more productive matters.

Topic is now closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users