Chewing Gum and Card Drop Rate - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Chewing Gum and Card Drop Rate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:32 AM

Does Chewing Gum help with card drop rate? I've been trying to calculate the card drop rate right now based on my situation and I'm not sure if my setup(Chewing Gum +75% and Sol Shoes +10% for drop rate) is even helping because it is less than a 100% drop bonus. I understand it might help with the drop rate of non cards but since card drop rate is so small I'm thinking my drop rate bonuses aren't even affecting card drop rate.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:54 AM

Please check fanmade iRO Wiki page explaining the Drop System here.

The gears work, but the increase is small unless we have one of those card drop increase events.

#3 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:21 AM

iirc you need to have even multiples of 100% to see any difference in card rate because of rounding.

#4 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:43 AM

Please check fanmade iRO Wiki page explaining the Drop System here.

The gears work, but the increase is small unless we have one of those card drop increase events.

Ok let me clarify the question then when I plug in my numbers into the formula for drop rate the final drop rate that I get is 0.0385% for card drop, this number is based on me being VIP(+100% right now) and the 85% drop rate increase I mentioned earlier. What I want to know is if this number gets rounded to 0.04% or does it round down to 0.03% because it is not a multiple of 100?. If the numbers do round up then does that mean my 85% drop rate increase rounds up to a 100% increase when involving card drop rate items?

Edit: Are we having a card drop increase event right now since its +100% Drop for VIP?

Edited by XIII_Eraser, 30 October 2018 - 01:46 AM.

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:11 AM

Ok let me clarify the question then when I plug in my numbers into the formula for drop rate the final drop rate that I get is 0.0385% for card drop, this number is based on me being VIP(+100% right now) and the 85% drop rate increase I mentioned earlier. What I want to know is if this number gets rounded to 0.04% or does it round down to 0.03% because it is not a multiple of 100?. If the numbers do round up then does that mean my 85% drop rate increase rounds up to a 100% increase when involving card drop rate items?

Edit: Are we having a card drop increase event right now since its +100% Drop for VIP?

I don't know if the numbers are rounded up at the end of the calculations.

The card drop increase event was part of RGT 2018 Share Event. The rates were modified db end. We do not have this specific event active right now.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:36 AM

numbers are rounded down, it will only increase if your drop bonuses amount to at least 0.01

With 99% increased drop rate, 0.01 becomes 0.0199, aka still 0.01%

#7 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:52 AM

numbers are rounded down, it will only increase if your drop bonuses amount to at least 0.01

With 99% increased drop rate, 0.01 becomes 0.0199, aka still 0.01%

Thanks for the confirmation now I won't have to waste time trying to activate the chewing gum effect.

Edited by XIII_Eraser, 30 October 2018 - 02:53 AM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:57 AM

do mind that if you have other partial bonuses elsewhere you can still receive bonuses from it.

Like regular vip bonus(50%) + chewing gum would give an increase, or using the drop rate gears like amistr bag, shoes, low hg, etc. Just make sure the final drop rate% is in multiples of 100(for 0.01 items)

#9 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:13 AM

do mind that if you have other partial bonuses elsewhere you can still receive bonuses from it.

Like regular vip bonus(50%) + chewing gum would give an increase, or using the drop rate gears like amistr bag, shoes, low hg, etc. Just make sure the final drop rate% is in multiples of 100(for 0.01 items)

Yea I've thought about getting other items to increase drop rate to 100% but its a bit expensive for me right now. The setup for 100% would be activating Chewing Gum(+75%) then switch to happy balloon(+10%) while wearing a +10 Skill amistr bag(+5%) and Sol Shoes(+10%) which equals to 100%. Also correct my if I'm wrong but since regular VIP is only a +50% increase in drop rate then it has no effect on card drop rate right? I've always thought getting VIP helped with getting cards to drop but I guess not. I'm guessing a lot of people also have this misconception and it should be corrected.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:22 AM

With nothing else going on to pump that boost to 100+, no VIP by itself will not affect cards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users