less player in the iro? 1600on - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

less player in the iro? 1600on

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#76 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:21 PM

Wake up calls are ineffective. Based on recent threads, iRO staff can't do anything until kRO people decides on something so it won't matter how many wake up calls they get. I don't mean to be rude but to me, they're like dogs waiting for their master's orders/instructions(which most employees in the corporate world are like but this is on a whole other level).

To be quite honest with you, your observation is also what I have had in mind. No offense to anyone reading this. I understand they are bound by rules/contract or something that doesn't allow them to make such changes.

I recently started played iRO because I had heard so many bad things about it. Some true, some not, the others are really just perspective,

I have been streaming the past month and a lot of people are actually enjoying the comparisons I do between the cash shop gears and ingame gears and how a lot of p2w is really just p2level faster, at least pvm wise. As a player from "the other side" of RO, a lot of people have given me their positive feedback about iRO and what I've shown. Features, leveling, instances, putting everything together to being efficient. People like it, the only thing that really limits people coming in are a few that I've been told but most people might already know them by now. (Heck, people have even joined iRO because of these streams)

I have so much feedback that could help to make improvements but it's the obvious:

Nightmare OGH aka OGH Hard
Adding Cards, Instance Cards,
Adding Enchants to certain instances that have them available, give players different options and a reason to farm certain instances.

But there's a correlation between all of these things, I also have some suggestions but I am not sure of posting because it would come down to "the studio" anyway.

But then again, people have already mentioned these things.

Long story short:
There's so much potential. Having to wait for the studio delays a lot of things, people get tired and they want new stuff to try out. And it actually keeps people away.
In fact, I nearly did NOT play iRO because of the stuff I had read on the forums regarding the studio. I went ahead and played anyway and saw potential but it seems I might be waiting in line like a lot of other people.

Campitor, can something be done? 
I don't mean to sound rude here but, yes, the studio I am aware. (and I know you have your plate full as it is but now we are at around 1327 players online post maintenance and I even had to come here and post out of genuine concern.)
I have a few questions myself:
What are you guys limited to in terms of actions that you can perform on the game? What are you guys NOT allowed to do in terms of development? Having the answer to some of these questions might actually be useful to come up with possible suggestions that might attract new players. I do have a few comments that might be of help given the viewer feedback I've received in the past months or so.

PS: reading back this whole thing i clearly posted my thoughts but hey, at least having some ideas and working from there could maybe help? I'm just putting it out there

#77 8464131223201318730

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:30 PM

they will wait 1300 players become 130 players..  :heh:

patience is their virtue

Edited by 8464131223201318730, 08 November 2018 - 11:31 PM.

#78 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:53 AM

I rarely log here anymore, but not surprised at all by the player base being in decline. Cash grab items that made almost everything else in game irrelevant. Then you look at a  -_- ton of not so exciting future content on top of important updates that never came. Duping was never properly handled, but whether this is good for you or not it just went out of control to the point where it literally destroyed the economy. So unless you enjoy studying the AI of the game, pvm gets boring very quickly. Woe and reward are two separate things. If you want to play something more tactical, there are many other games out there anyways that will keep you playing on and on. So finally you are left with a very niche audience who still play the game for who knows what reason, but pretty sure not for the ones mentioned here.

edit: to Community Managers, you guys have always done a great job trying to engage with the community the best way you could. It is just the way where things are going, and it is not entirely your fault.

Edited by Richkr, 09 November 2018 - 02:59 AM.

#79 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:35 AM

I rarely log here anymore, but not surprised at all by the player base being in decline. Cash grab items that made almost everything else in game irrelevant. Then you look at a -_- ton of not so exciting future content on top of important updates that never came. Duping was never properly handled, but whether this is good for you or not it just went out of control to the point where it literally destroyed the economy. So unless you enjoy studying the AI of the game, pvm gets boring very quickly. Woe and reward are two separate things. If you want to play something more tactical, there are many other games out there anyways that will keep you playing on and on. So finally you are left with a very niche audience who still play the game for who knows what reason, but pretty sure not for the ones mentioned here.

edit: to Community Managers, you guys have always done a great job trying to engage with the community the best way you could. It is just the way where things are going, and it is not entirely your fault.

I wonder where is Astra when we need her.

She isn't active like Oda which why new cm doesn't understand what this game need most and relay too much on camp to explain LOT THINGS.

#80 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:51 AM

implying that Oda knew it :U

and Camp knows, but he can't do everything.

#81 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:07 AM

I recall that bot death epusode wherein oda almost banned an npc in comodo for not responding to him

#82 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:59 AM

I recall that bot death epusode wherein oda almost banned an npc in comodo for not responding to him

It often seems like some people's nostalgia for Oda is based more on what they wanted than what actually was. The dude was a nice guy and all, but... he didn't exactly cause any major incline during his time. I don't think any one individual can without massive support from kRO, tbh. 

#83 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:30 AM

It's weird because they made a thread about potentially improving PvP/WoE but reiterated that NO PROMISES are being made and none of our suggestions are 100% going to be implemented, why even bother creating that thread? At first I thought they can make changes in game without kRO's support that's why they opened the topic, if this is true then why is it taking them so long to do something about it? It just goes to show that iRO isn't a priority and they're just making it look like they give a -_- about us.

I'm seriously considering "donating"(if you know what I mean :waddle: ) all my equipment to some bloke who still wants to play iRO but has no idea it's doomed just so that I could get some type of refund before I quit.

#84 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:52 AM

2018 = death of RO?

#85 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:24 AM

As much as how every year before it has had the prediction made. 

#86 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:50 PM

To be quite honest with you, your observation is also what I have had in mind. No offense to anyone reading this. I understand they are bound by rules/contract or something that doesn't allow them to make such changes.

I recently started played iRO because I had heard so many bad things about it. Some true, some not, the others are really just perspective,

I have been streaming the past month and a lot of people are actually enjoying the comparisons I do between the cash shop gears and ingame gears and how a lot of p2w is really just p2level faster, at least pvm wise. As a player from "the other side" of RO, a lot of people have given me their positive feedback about iRO and what I've shown. Features, leveling, instances, putting everything together to being efficient. People like it, the only thing that really limits people coming in are a few that I've been told but most people might already know them by now. (Heck, people have even joined iRO because of these streams)

I have so much feedback that could help to make improvements but it's the obvious:

Nightmare OGH aka OGH Hard
Adding Cards, Instance Cards,
Adding Enchants to certain instances that have them available, give players different options and a reason to farm certain instances.

But there's a correlation between all of these things, I also have some suggestions but I am not sure of posting because it would come down to "the studio" anyway.

But then again, people have already mentioned these things.

Long story short:
There's so much potential. Having to wait for the studio delays a lot of things, people get tired and they want new stuff to try out. And it actually keeps people away.
In fact, I nearly did NOT play iRO because of the stuff I had read on the forums regarding the studio. I went ahead and played anyway and saw potential but it seems I might be waiting in line like a lot of other people.

Campitor, can something be done? 
I don't mean to sound rude here but, yes, the studio I am aware. (and I know you have your plate full as it is but now we are at around 1327 players online post maintenance and I even had to come here and post out of genuine concern.)
I have a few questions myself:
What are you guys limited to in terms of actions that you can perform on the game? What are you guys NOT allowed to do in terms of development? Having the answer to some of these questions might actually be useful to come up with possible suggestions that might attract new players. I do have a few comments that might be of help given the viewer feedback I've received in the past months or so.

PS: reading back this whole thing i clearly posted my thoughts but hey, at least having some ideas and working from there could maybe help? I'm just putting it out there

In the last 18 months the team has gone from me, 1/2 an assistant, and a CM to myself, 3 assistants, 2 CMs, and another full producer. With the latest additions being added only a month or two ago. Were starting to adopt projects to improve the over all PVP experience but also working on getting more events, with deeper content and reward structures rolled out. Poring Con, TLAPD, and even the latest Super Mundane Halloween Murder Mystery are all part of these increased efforts.

I expect to receive the Illusion Vampire update for Sakray next week. Then after thats implemented near the end of the month the Madogear and Rune Stone Update. Looking towards 2019 and the studio we are pushing for harder commitments on update time lines both for QoL improvements and Content Updates. Plus, with the staff we added this year we will make 2019 a much more eventful year for Ragnarok Online.

#87 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:09 PM

With all the projects that’s happenin. Guess you will need to have another Campitor 2 coz working 24/7 doesn’t seem right.

#88 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for the response Campitor I truly appreciate it.

I mostly ask due to viewer feedback on stream asking about certain things while they praise stuff like shadow sets out of cash shop and into seasonal event, or a short yet eventful Halloween event with a very rewarding headgear which many viewers have expressed as “extremely (colorful adjective) cute.”

I am aware it’s a lot of work and you guys are always busy.

I have more viewer feedback if you’re curious of how outsiders perceive these events and can use that info for future use or ideas. (Plus I stream every Saturday maybe now Friday and it’s purely iRO)

#89 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:14 PM

[Removed]

#######
Also that thread may just as well have been a diversion to the incoming problem then (rom), just like how they gave us massive drop exp mod in gdrp and taiwan ban lol

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 November 2018 - 07:53 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed response to hidden content.

#90 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:00 AM

In the last 18 months the team has gone from me, 1/2 an assistant, and a CM to myself, 3 assistants, 2 CMs, and another full producer. With the latest additions being added only a month or two ago. Were starting to adopt projects to improve the over all PVP experience but also working on getting more events, with deeper content and reward structures rolled out. Poring Con, TLAPD, and even the latest Super Mundane Halloween Murder Mystery are all part of these increased efforts.

I expect to receive the Illusion Vampire update for Sakray next week. Then after thats implemented near the end of the month the Madogear and Rune Stone Update. Looking towards 2019 and the studio we are pushing for harder commitments on update time lines both for QoL improvements and Content Updates. Plus, with the staff we added this year we will make 2019 a much more eventful year for Ragnarok Online.

I'm not sure if its just me but I always see your answer a little bit off from the question.

You answered the question, yes, but only the small of it. Big part of it remains unanswered. Even in FOFs.

Well, not all though. Just those questions that I think are critical.

k

#91 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:25 AM

[Removed]

On topic : 
Im sure there plenty of drama episodes we havent seen (WP) 1/2 workers transferred / retired ??
And i understand some answer could not be share to the public (i dont mind the half ''poring'' post)
At least ppls can see that your trying... (really the lack of ppls posting here already a dire situation , no?)

Maybe WP should try post a thread for job applicant here ? (finding a talent workers will be difficult)

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 November 2018 - 07:54 AM.
Mod Edit: Let's try to stay on topic.

#92 KielConstantine

KielConstantine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:17 AM

IMG-6068.png

Uh.. Oh... It's happening.

I'm downloading it right now :p_omg:

#93 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

IMG-6068.png

Uh.. Oh... It's happening.

I'm downloading it right now :p_omg:

Only a few more levels til I get to change into this bad ass:

QfAUiyR.png

#94 Sobral147

Sobral147

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:https://discord.gg/B7s26TE
  • LocationGravatá PE

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:12 AM

I am in the ragnarok groups frantically divulging our server please let us know I believe the warp portal should also make a disclosure for new players

Nossa guild https://discord.gg/B7s26TE

#95 carlczel

carlczel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:13 PM

With the remaining players now.. would be possible if you guys not become SUPER CHEAP on giving events and something? like for example.. the cracked buckler.. i spend almost but nothing grand prize is getting. you increase BOO card drop but a little.. why being cheap. the event is nearing to end but only few to none gets the event price. and is possible to enable mad bunny event+enriched.. you will get more money for your staff this comming month if you do this. and maybe a permanent OCP 1~XX on item mall mart to avoid prices increase. hard to buy these things now because of the decrease of players.

#96 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:54 PM

Honestly, stop focusing on OCP updates,fix and update the current games contents and also reviving the WOE will make IRO great again .. many players will came back to play again ...

i appreciate WP team to bring updates to the game, but please hope next year wont be bad as this and fullfill one by one things that promised to be added to the game

#97 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:11 AM

maybe ro is not WP most profit game anymore

#98 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:17 AM

just a while ago, did vend super cheap items and no one buys

#99 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:46 AM

maybe ro is not WP most profit game anymore

Any guess what is?

I barely hear bout anything other than ro and restart, ro2 is dead lol

God i miss my ro2 char now that i recall.....

#100 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:48 AM

They got Ragnarok eternal xD

(if you ask me..uh..all of the things implemented in the renewal..i mean the system like achievement system...UHHHHH THOSE THINGS WORKS PERFECTLY ON THE MOBILE..WAIT..GRAVITY WHAT THE F)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users