Maximizing ME and working without adoramus? - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Maximizing ME and working without adoramus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jadriam

Jadriam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:28 PM

My old AB build was done during the awkward period before they created maps you could exorcise all the way up to the higher levels, so it has a shift towards Adoramus despite also having ME. Despite my best efforts, i am still doing merely 5-9k against enemies per 'pulse' but noticed some ABs doing SIGNIFICANTLY higher damage in the 20k to 50 k range at teh same 110-120 level range.

If it's solely a gear issue, i may be kinda of .....at an impasse, as i simply don't have any money. None. 1m in 2009 was enough ot take care of basic bgems and wpots, nowadays you can't buy OR sell any gear reliably on Chaos unless you are *very* rich and i...i still don't have a farming character. i barely *have* characters besides a vendor near 99 and the AB.

Second problem is Adoramus: I started on it early due to old errors in judgement and not knowing what Sacrament was. I obviously need a skill reset along with the obvious gear, and that's even more money [i think.] I may have used up my one free reset some time ago. What can I do to improve my abilities? Should I bite the bullet and make a less zeny reliant farmer/alt? Are there ways to improve damage or buy resets ingame? I just want ot sharpen up my PvM priesting before igo looking for guilds and adventures again. I can't really earn much yet, since i run on bgems and weak exorcisms, so i am... kinda stuck doing things the hard way right now.

Just as an baseline example of my stats/gear:
6cRbLA.jpg

#2 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:48 PM

You can get additional skill/stat resets from the from the clown in Eden and also from the Mesmerist in Eden (NPC use status was reset in July).

As to the rest of it, renewal is almost completely gear based progression. Stats, skills, and everything else should conform to what your ideal gear's bonus requirements are. So your stats are fine but realize even going 130 int doesn't make a significant damage improvement as stats make less of an impact now. Personally I found ME completely worthless before Valkyrie Drops were added as OCP, which pains me to say as ME Priest was my main back pre-renewal. I ended up partying and playing support to level to 175 but now with the new rare/expensive items it is actually possible to level with ME. 

As for money to get these items there are tons of options. Personally I try to do the Prontera Castle dailies and if you do those every day you can sell a Flattery Robe once a month for almost a bil. If your vender is a Blacksmith then can go into Low or Mid TI and greed for a few mil zeny worth of loot per hour. Other than greeding or soloing those quests just joining a guild is a great way to get rich. Going on ET runs or helping in instances for a split of the profit is fun and as an AB all that people want is bless/agi and rez (with inflation where it is they can pot any damage easily). So I strongly recommend joining a guild and taking whatever help they'll give to get you onto the right path. It is an MMO after all so group up!

Anyway hope that answers at least some of your questions.

Edited by Ralen, 09 November 2018 - 09:50 PM.

#3 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:08 AM

Dont forget there's still NPC Clown too, still has free reset skill and stat :p_smile:

#4 Jadriam

Jadriam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

I was unaware of this clown NPC!

Thank you for all the advice on questing and gear and stats! My vendor is indeed a blacksmith; I tend to use Greed in low TIs a lot, but i didn't know i could make potentially millions if i did it purposefully. I guess i was too worried i coudln't keep up with FS ABs when partying. I better find a guild of some sort, then. [I'll take care of that in the proper forum area of course.]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users