Please make fun again Low TI - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please make fun again Low TI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Newkami

Newkami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:09 AM

It's just Saturday and the spawn is already dead, the map is empty!!!

This is not fun anymore, It's already 3 weeks like this (maybe more). When I started to play since many years ago, I invited my girlfriend to play this game and she told me that this is not like in August when there were Pasana monsters in Low TI.

Please GMs Can you just restart map everyday or something? Many people said that Autocasters are guilty about this but I can't be sure (Still is annoying to see them there without move).

Please don't forget some players like me, we are spending money for VIP service, and I can't lvl up properly because low TI It's broken every week and you don't do nothing to fix it.
Please just make it fun again, I'm tired of this...

#2 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:56 AM

Auto casters are a huge part of the problem.  (Acronym for away from keyboarders) are sitting there with 5 or 6 monsters at a time slow to kill them, as well as sitting almost to the end of a pathway so pullers for groups can't get by without losing their mobs.  There's usually several idlers which takes up a good chunk of the mobs throughout the map, butchering the gameplay for anyone else.  Keep idling out of TI maps

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 10 November 2018 - 11:58 AM.

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:51 AM

Users do not understand the consequences of zone restarts during active game play, it can throw errors to characters or make them completely unplayable. Zone restarts refresh the spawn but it is not a viable solution, at least not right now. Unless.. the characters are auto booted then maybe it will work.

The staff have an active experimental fix, I am not sure though how effective it is, or that it needs further checks.

As for AFK leveling which we have discussed many many times already, the staff have provided their stance against it, see my post here.

#4 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:08 AM

Just use Beezelbub wing, KS AFK levelers and problem solved, AFK levelers are not considered actively engaging in combat, and therefore are not subject to KS protection.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 12 November 2018 - 09:08 AM.

#5 swandz

swandz

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:40 AM

Same here. Started VIP just to progress. I have limited time to play each day. it's been 3 days and  I still haven't completed 1 turn in due to low mob count in low ti.

#6 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:58 AM

The fix hasn't worked at all, so we've actually been starting with half the normal spawns, and it just gets worse from there.

#7 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:23 AM

so the solution is actually worse than doing nothing

:pif:

#8 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:25 AM

Make a copy of low ti maps and create 10+ channels to it. Problem solved.

#9 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:31 AM

Low TI was empty yesterday... the spawns were very low and in 30 min I didn't even get to 150 Dark Priests... its very sad.

#10 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:11 PM

Just use Beezelbub wing, KS AFK levelers and problem solved, AFK levelers are not considered actively engaging in combat, and therefore are not subject to KS protection.

I'm not trying to be aggressive but have you actually been in low TI in the past 24 hours? Winging will get you 1-2 monsters per wing if that. When I started it on Thursday directly after maint any time you'd wing there'd be 20+ monsters on screen. It might be worth taking a video of directly after maint / right before next maint just to show how bad it is.

#11 Newkami

Newkami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

I tried yesterday again, and it sucks. I can't make party with guild mates and walk around, also use Gwings is such a waste with that lown spawn

#12 Gynvael

Gynvael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:58 PM

So sad :p_sick:, make low TI great again lul

#13 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:39 PM

Unfortunately the GMs stance on FFA KS on A-_- has little to do with this problem. A-_- are on the map 24/7, you can't keep mobs off them forever. And it doesnt seem to have any impact to whether or not the mobs disappear.

I still think that AFK players somehow getting monsters into a bad state might be a red herring. Are we sure the monster spawning mechanics aren't just broken? Easy test would be to disable some of the major offending afk gears for 1 week (only 1 week) and see how the spawns look after that.

#14 Klief

Klief

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:15 AM

^

#15 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:48 AM

Yet, you guys still log in to do empty TIs and waste your time. How dumb is this?

#16 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:15 AM

Yet, you guys still log in to do empty TIs and waste your time. How dumb is this?

Users expect the Turn-In feature which is a customized edition of iRO to work as intended, if there is a bug such as mobs stop spawning after some time then they have the right to report and complain accordingly. Sure they can try to move to normal maps for their daily leveling routines, but knowing that there is a bug with the spawn is something to not disregard. Being said, please let's have more of a constructive tone next time.

On topic,

I have received multiple reports in PM as well about low spawn in both Renewal servers (turn in maps). It is mentioned that the experimental NPC fix is not working as promised. Below you will find a list of things that have been discussed.

• Restarting zones, this is not going to happen according to the staff due to technical concerns so please don't suggest it.
  • NPC to inject mobs, currently in but may need tweaking.
  • Multiple copies of the map, to allow users to spread and minimize the issue of low spawn. Should be doable.
  • Blocking auto cast gear, most likely not going to happen.

Please note, this is not an official listing unless stated.

#17 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:23 AM

Multiple copies yes!!!!

For mid and hi TI too

Edited by YongkySH, 14 November 2018 - 04:23 AM.

#18 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:30 AM

Increase mobs and their spawn rate.

#19 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:35 AM

Passive monster are the only solution here.

but they add aggresive mob next week.

Aggresive will attack and trigger autocast.

autocast has aoe effect that hit passive monster.

Passive monster attack autocaster.

No cure for this.

Even if you have multiple map, the autocaster will increase thus the problem never solved.

PS: Gonna AFK for long time from iRO.

Edited by andxres, 14 November 2018 - 05:36 AM.

#20 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:10 PM

has anyone seen any auto casters in Mid TI? I logged to mid TI yesterday after painfully finishing my counts on low TI (after 1 hr). and the mob seems normal in there and they are aggressive mobs... maybe the script of how the mobs are being killed when the skills are auto casted could be the reason why mobs are not respawning (Im not a programmer so just guessing here)? I ask this as the theory of dead cells doesn't make much sense to me as the auto caster are always changing of spots. 

Thank you Cinnamon and Campitor for checking these issues

#21 amaroguto

amaroguto

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:40 PM

Impossible to leveling in low ti, no monsters... you teleport, and teleports and nothing. A while ago, it was full of monsters in the low ti, now it's a desert. A lot of AFK players (3rd jobs). 

Please, you should review this strategy on low ti, that's not working.

#22 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:02 PM

Users expect the Turn-In feature which is a customized edition of iRO to work as intended, if there is a bug such as mobs stop spawning after some time then they have the right to report and complain accordingly. Sure they can try to move to normal maps for their daily leveling routines, but knowing that there is a bug with the spawn is something to not disregard. Being said, please let's have more of a constructive tone next time.

On topic,

I have received multiple reports in PM as well about low spawn in both Renewal servers (turn in maps). It is mentioned that the experimental NPC fix is not working as promised. Below you will find a list of things that have been discussed.

• Restarting zones, this is not going to happen according to the staff due to technical concerns so please don't suggest it.
  • NPC to inject mobs, currently in but may need tweaking.
  • Multiple copies of the map, to allow users to spread and minimize the issue of low spawn. Should be doable.
  • Blocking auto cast gear, most likely not going to happen.

Please note, this is not an official listing unless stated.

Where is a constructive solution to make Turn-in feather work as intended then players can actually play and enjoy the game? Are you trying to give me a good joke, Cinnamon?

It's so obvious at this point that skills bug mob spawn. It is also most likely that it is AFK leveling is a culprit. How about you actually try to disable auto-cast gears for one week and see if the issue will be solve. I'd let you cut my head off if the issue was not solved when AFK leveling was not allowed.

Yes my tone was very constructive. I'm trying to save people time from wasting time and flies to find monsters in Turn-n map. If a population of 1400ish is not alarming, then I dont know what would be.

Edited by nyyaan, 14 November 2018 - 07:04 PM.

#23 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:33 AM

Dear whomever at the management,

Please fix bugged spawn that occur not just in low ti but also for other maps as well.

Tackle the issue at it root. If don't know what caused it, find the cause. Temporary solution ie passive mob, disable afk, multiple copy of map will work for a while but as it name suggest its only temporary. For long term benefit, you need, no MUST fix the root cause of the problem.

Thank you.

#24 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:35 AM

I'm not sure if these are possible, but:
Is there a way to monitor the population of monsters active within a map?

So that the game will only detect the total number of monsters that are alive and moving around, and if it falls below the desired population count, the game will just spawn/inject more.

Also,
Make monsters spawn off-screen from players. (only in designated 'problem' maps like TI)

That'll mean monsters won't respawn somewhere where they are visible to a player (whether afk or not). People will be forced to keep moving to hunt more. AFCasters will still be able to grab some kills but only if the monsters wander into their area by chance.

#25 8494140805110025600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:07 AM

Just add a timer of maybe 5 seconds before mobs respawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users