November 14th ReSTART Maintenance - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November 14th ReSTART Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#26 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:05 PM

Please keep the postings within patch notes, if you wish to discuss battle mechanics or class specifics to use the appropriate sub section of the forums.

It's not class specifics, it's pointing out why these new items aren't rewards unless you're naked or in vendor gear.  Examples are required so people like you can even understand it.

#27 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:10 PM

Sorry cinnamon, feel free to delete that conversation.
I am just going to add that ro is a team game, not invidual game. Maybe that is what he is doing wrong.

Let me ask one more time to campitor, please keep an eye on ninja damage. Specially for the players who doesnt have gr/dr.

#28 Trippen

Trippen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:26 PM

Still would like to know when they are going to put in God item quest =\

#29 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:28 PM

Yes RO is a team game but when there is only 1 actual team(valk) and others are left to do things on their own (thanks to the EU ban making 90% of the people quit) it needs to be considered with your setup.  The problem with these changes is it feels like we are somehow trying to pretend this is some thriving server that dozens of new people are starting up daily to enjoy these BG rewards when in reality people are just quiting because woe is such a bad joke.  Nothing is done to remedy this, they think handing people supplies for woe will make it somehow fun to go in and get 1 shot by gr/dr people the entire time.

Here is how you actually fix woe/pvp/server in general camp.

1.  Assign one or two of the GMs to check every gr/dr/mp/mvp card, delete the dupes. Then move onto high weapon box weapons.

2.  Lower the agit count, i went over this many times.  Increase it if participation increases and is required.

3.  Add actual KVM gear to the BG rewards.

4.  Add slotted sunnies to the raffler with a very expensive price.

5.  Stop adding new areas with joke exp, no bounty board/requiring people to complain on the forums to get it sorted it, for once add an area properly.

#30 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:29 PM

Still would like to know when they are going to put in God item quest =\

Why? So the one guild that actually has a team/groups that inherited god item pieces from the EU ban can screw newer people over further?

Edited by Wyndor, 14 November 2018 - 02:32 PM.

#31 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

OP updated with the raffler changes.

TLDR: Empty bottle become available for a higher price as they are hard to obtain on the market right now.

HE Bubble Gum is added and replaces the old Bubble Gum.

Fixing the prizes again as I got the versions of RO scrambled.

#32 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

@camp, i didn't see it mentioned anywhere i don't think.........what is the team size for these BGs?

OP updated with the raffler changes.

TLDR: Empty bottle become available for a higher price as they are hard to obtain on the market right now.

HE Bubble Gum is added and replaces the old Bubble Gum.

What.........you can buy bottles from the alchemist npc.......

#33 Trippen

Trippen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:35 PM

Why? So the one guild that actually has a team/groups that inherited god item pieces from the EU ban can screw newer people over further?

how is it screwing people over? god items are a part of the game and are useful for pvm aswell as pvp. Again, whats the point of doing WoE and keeping castles if we cant even make items when we collect enough pieces for it...

Edited by Trippen, 14 November 2018 - 02:36 PM.

#34 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

@camp, i didn't see it mentioned anywhere i don't think.........what is the team size for these BGs?

TBH I completely forgot about that npc. We will switch it out them.

#35 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

TBH I completely forgot about that npc. We will switch it out them.

BG team size?

#36 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:37 PM

how is it screwing people over? god items are a part of the game and are useful for pvm aswell as pvp.

It's screwing people over because of what a sad pathetic state WOE has been in for months now.  No one deserves god items for camping empty castles.  They are supposed to be a reward for being the best and actually winning battles.

Edited by Wyndor, 14 November 2018 - 02:40 PM.

#37 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

BG team size?

Currently we have it set to 5 v 5 and were planning on setting it the same for all BGs

#38 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

Might want to consider 3v3.

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Replaced back to blue herbs. I am not seeing much we can add to the raffler to improve WoE supplies.

#40 Trippen

Trippen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

It's screwing people over because of what a sad pathetic state WOE has been in for months now.  No one deserves god items for camping empty castles.  They are supposed to be a reward for being the best and actually winning battles.

its a server with 200 pop......what do you expect woe to be?? but it shouldn't matter how many people are on the server, god items are part of the game and should be put in.

Edited by Trippen, 14 November 2018 - 02:51 PM.

#41 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:52 PM

Replaced back to blue herbs. I am not seeing much we can add to the raffler to improve WoE supplies.

Supplies isn't the problem, i've explained this many times.  People come back to checkout woe, they do a woe, say wow every castle is empty.  They then quit and don't come back.  The problem is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many agits for the amount of people that woe here.  Reduce them already and salvage the playerbase you have. 

What do you honestly have to lose by trying it?  It is an easy change to implement too. Disable flags/portals at every castle entrance except 1 in each town and move the treasure spawn points to the only enabled castle....

its a server with 200 pop......what do you expect woe to be?? but it shouldn't matter how many people are on the server, god items are part of the game andshould be put in.

It's actually a server with 70 or 80 pop.  200 is after bots are updated.

Edited by Wyndor, 14 November 2018 - 02:56 PM.

#42 Trippen

Trippen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

It's actually a server with 70 or 80 pop.  200 is after bots are updated.

ok, didn't know we were getting technical. 

#43 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:11 PM

ok, didn't know we were getting technical. 

I already pointed out how to improve woe, why are you pretending its either hand god items to people for empty castle camping or nothing?  This -_- could of been handled months ago when the EU ban went into effect.  There is no reason to have 16 agits when there aren't even enough people woeing to allow for 3 people in each at the same time.  This is pathetic and unacceptable.  Think about it for a moment if we took the ENTIRE population not counting bots and divided by 16 you get maybe 5 or 6  people in each castle lol. That is assuming 100% participation which obviously it isn't even close and this isn't even considering the fact many of that 80 or 90 pop is multi boxers, so more realistically enough for 4 in each castle with 100% participation.  Why in the hell do we have this many agits?  

Edited by Wyndor, 14 November 2018 - 03:12 PM.

#44 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

@camp

Please fix woe for the people that actually care about it and participate in it.  Screw the kids that login last 15min for free OCAs.  People that come back to check what the server is like do not care about ninjaing castles in the last 15min for rewards, they care about how good the pvp battle is and it's truly non existent atm thanks to having 16 agits.  If you want any of them to stick around make WOE an actual war again.  Remove the flag/portals to every agit in a town except one.  Sort the loot out however you want, i don't really care.  Combine it all into one castle, setup a daily/weekly rotation or whatever and watch people in woe actually see other players and enjoy themselves because woe actually has pvp again.

Edited by Wyndor, 14 November 2018 - 03:20 PM.

#45 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

Could you replace dress hat or fish in mouth for 200 hugel medals?

#46 Trippen

Trippen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:27 PM

hugel medals would be nice

#47 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:39 PM

Could you replace dress hat or fish in mouth for 200 hugel medals?

hugel medals would be nice

Will look at it for next week. I managed to find and reduce the wrong password lock out down to 30 seconds.

#48 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:42 PM

Server is open.

#49 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:42 PM

Thank you!

#50 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

Sooooo any additional changes planned for WOE or are we just handing out bad gear that barely helps anyone at all except ninjas and pretending it will make people want to woe/calling it a day?

Edited by Wyndor, 15 November 2018 - 03:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users