Imperial Boots Scammer - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Imperial Boots Scammer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:12 AM

beware of this imperial boots scammer in eden.
he pretends to be a legit seller and agrees to your offered price as to bait you.
when the whole transfer of zennies and deposit gears begin, he insists on doing the deal his own way.

and his way is dumb.

he shows you the boots, then he tells you to do a screenshot as to make you feel secure.
then he proceeds to demand for your zenny and refuses to deposit gears.

he wants all your zenny first and then he gives the boots at the final deal.

how stupid is that? encountered him yesterday with his merchant and now he's using his geneticist.

Buyer beware.

#2 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4115 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:59 AM

Name share?

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:09 AM

Name share?

You wouldn't want to do that while I am here.

#4 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:10 AM

Lemme guess you offered him for 2 b and he accepted?

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4115 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:23 AM

:p_cry:

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:33 AM

And it's a not bery usefull information anywyas if he's switching characters '-'

#7 ForUmnor

ForUmnor

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:47 AM

Aren't scam trades reverted when you present ticket with screenshots of it tho? I mean there is a trade log in game and I bought a couple items this way on agreements of half first, on the second half you get the item, just assumed it was normal procedure this days with a lot of gear costing over 1b and the trade cap.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:57 AM

it's a trouble you don't want to have, and wait for, to begin with.

#9 ForUmnor

ForUmnor

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:07 AM

But it is a fairly easy check, and you does have the security on it, therefore not that much risk of being scammed specially in an 2b only item wich would be 2 trades tho? And just since we are on topic what would be the pattern? I at least never had problems with this one but can be useful for the future to know. 

#10 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:09 AM

That's why when I'm doing trade with other players, I always ask for deposit items. In case they ran away, I got the items. When I sell items, I always ask them if is ok for zeny 1st. If they say no, then I will offer the items for secure.  :no1:

#11 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:19 AM

That's why when I'm doing trade with other players, I always ask for deposit items. In case they ran away, I got the items. When I sell items, I always ask them if is ok for zeny 1st. If they say no, then I will offer the items for secure.  :no1:

That scammer only wants to do the deal on his own terms.

At first i thought, maybe he's new doing multiple deals involving expensive trade.
So I explained to him what people usually do. But.. he had deaf ears and just says what he wants.

He would say "Yeah.. Yeah sure". "I don't have gears equivalent to 1B" (his Ranger has full expensive costumes).

When I got mad at him being unreasonable, he did deposit 1 gear.

(this is his gen now, his merchant never even tried)

He put Bloody Eater [2] as deposit at the first deal. I walked away right after.

#12 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:38 AM

That scammer only wants to do the deal on his own terms.

At first i thought, maybe he's new doing multiple deals involving expensive trade.
So I explained to him what people usually do. But.. he had deaf ears and just says what he wants.

He would say "Yeah.. Yeah sure". "I don't have gears equivalent to 1B" (his Ranger has full expensive costumes).

When I got mad at him being unreasonable, he did deposit 1 gear.

(this is his gen now, his merchant never even tried)

He put Bloody Eater [2] as deposit at the first deal. I walked away right after.

I had seen quite few people doing like this. I'm not sure they are scammer or not. When the moment I wanted to deal, they ask for the items 1st and they promise that they will pay for the items. Well, of course I don't feel secure so I offer the deposit items in order for their zeny. In the end, they cancel the trade because I'm not doing their way. I ask them to check ragial to see whether the price is worth or not and they went like disappear and refuse to accept my way.  :p_err:

#13 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:54 AM

I never do trades with items and I’m not a scammer.

Not saying the guy OP is talking about isn’t, but he’s not the only one doing things that way.

#14 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:17 AM

Just get it from trusted forum seller man

#15 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

I don’t even offer or request deposit item anymore

I just show them my end game gears and they know I won’t be scamming them 1-2B or sth to get reported to GM to get banned

Plus zeny value is so low these days if you get scam 1B then just put it to bad luck and move on?

#16 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:00 PM

I agree!  it is not fair to call people scammers if they haven't scammed you first. Even tho it's safer to do trades with deposit gears, I have done heaps of big trades without deposit gears and the trade has gone through without problems getting the item in the last zeny trade and besides if you get the screenshot of the transaction and dont get the item you can file a ticket and the GM can check that you didn't received the item and revert the zeny transaction.

#17 Gwedopang

Gwedopang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:08 PM

Yeah.. Nobody knows which side scammer. Buyer can do scam either, with scenario: they want deposit item in 1st deal and put selling item In final trade, unfortunately got disappear before final deal. Make sure record all transactions or captured deals + chat / room chat. In case everything went wrong, just send ticket.
And yes, trusted sellers come 1st.

#18 Sheno

Sheno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Server:Iris

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:36 PM

I only ever deal zeny first (buy or sell). I don't trade with people that want the item first or collateral items.

Probably not a scammer.

#19 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:00 PM

just send ticket and it is done, since the scammer is digging his own grave by telling you to do screenshot

#20 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:09 PM

just send ticket and it is done, since the scammer is digging his own grave by telling you to do screenshot

Except he never got scammed.

#21 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:09 PM

The scammer shall be perish ( i bet my scarf on it ) 

2mfhcug.gif

#22 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:31 AM

lmfao cinn. lately i catch these small reads and just bust out laughing. +1 for adding humor to your job description.

as for the comments... its tricky. you wouldn't walk out of a store without paying for an item, but you also are allowed to inspect said item without buying it first. but seeing as how this is a digital trade, its hard to fully trust your buyer/seller to begin with unless you've seen the character plenty of times or someone you personally know can vouch for this person.

i tend to follow these rules when dealing w/ unknowns:
- as a seller, you are paying me first. no question about this. i've always been honest in dealings so its never an issue. you pay me for the item you want = you get the item you want. simple as that.
- as a buyer, i am paying you first, but i will screenie/record the crap out of the entire thing which will 100% of the time back me up in case my seller decides to take a shady path.

+ screenshots and recording, always. especially for large deals.
+ when doing deals over 2b as a buyer, record the entire deal with the character you intend to finish paying off the last 2b with. this way, that character (the one that is to receive the item) will have seen every character pop into chat on both buyer/seller sides and all names will be present in the recording. this will help GMs figure out which character has/had what, and where they dealt z/item to after they scammed you, should they scam you.
+ always get your seller/buyer to admit when 1b has been passed. do not wait until you have already passed them 2b to get them to admit this. have them do it immediately after the transaction while they are still in chat. if your buyer/seller instinctively does this without you having to say anything, then you are dealing with an experienced business person and you may take this as a positive sign that the deal will likely go well.

Edited by Fuuton, 20 November 2018 - 03:31 AM.

#23 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:54 PM

lmfao cinn. lately i catch these small reads and just bust out laughing. +1 for adding humor to your job description.

as for the comments... its tricky. you wouldn't walk out of a store without paying for an item, but you also are allowed to inspect said item without buying it first. but seeing as how this is a digital trade, its hard to fully trust your buyer/seller to begin with unless you've seen the character plenty of times or someone you personally know can vouch for this person.

i tend to follow these rules when dealing w/ unknowns:
- as a seller, you are paying me first. no question about this. i've always been honest in dealings so its never an issue. you pay me for the item you want = you get the item you want. simple as that.
- as a buyer, i am paying you first, but i will screenie/record the crap out of the entire thing which will 100% of the time back me up in case my seller decides to take a shady path.

+ screenshots and recording, always. especially for large deals.
+ when doing deals over 2b as a buyer, record the entire deal with the character you intend to finish paying off the last 2b with. this way, that character (the one that is to receive the item) will have seen every character pop into chat on both buyer/seller sides and all names will be present in the recording. this will help GMs figure out which character has/had what, and where they dealt z/item to after they scammed you, should they scam you.
+ always get your seller/buyer to admit when 1b has been passed. do not wait until you have already passed them 2b to get them to admit this. have them do it immediately after the transaction while they are still in chat. if your buyer/seller instinctively does this without you having to say anything, then you are dealing with an experienced business person and you may take this as a positive sign that the deal will likely go well.

Indeed Indeed.

And I am a very reputable WPE seller who has great trust with their consumers, I am often happy to do Code first before payments. Isn't that right Fuuton?

#24 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:12 PM

Indeed Indeed.

And I am a very reputable WPE seller who has great trust with their consumers, I am often happy to do Code first before payments. Isn't that right Fuuton?

yessirrrrrr. when you know people well enough, trust isnt even an issue anymore. i often do the same thing for my friends when selling wpe. they've been around long enough for me to know i can trust them so it's not a problem~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users