Hybrid Batlle/Support Arch Bishop Build - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hybrid Batlle/Support Arch Bishop Build

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Aleksiel

Aleksiel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLasagna
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

Hello, everyone! I don't know if this is the right forum to post builds to, so forgive me if I happened to mispost. I'm currently thinking of making a battle/support hybrid Arch Bishop and would like to know if my stats and skills look viable. I'm playing in the Brazilian RO server (which has just been migrated to Warp Portal), so I don't know if all of my equipments are available in iRO. Here are the image links to my current stats and AB skills and to my planned final stat and skill builds. Thank you for your time!

#2 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

Hello, everyone! I don't know if this is the right forum to post builds to, so forgive me if I happened to mispost. I'm currently thinking of making a battle/support hybrid Arch Bishop and would like to know if my stats and skills look viable. I'm playing in the Brazilian RO server (which has just been migrated to Warp Portal), so I don't know if all of my equipments are available in iRO. Here are the image links to my current stats and AB skills and to my planned final stat and skill builds. Thank you for your time!

The domain your links go to has some sketchy history, it appears it has allowed users to upload malware in the past, and this is your first post. Maybe remove those links and type up your build and stats, or link to a more reputable site, maybe one that allows you to display the images directly on your post.

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

I have seen many users on these forums link in that image host service. So saying that, the linked images are fine and are veiw-able. 

#4 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:39 PM

Your skill build looks like you were planning to get Spiritual Thrift and then ended up just getting the prerequisites?

Sure you want to give up Warp Portal and Pneuma? No Lex Aeterna?

Another thing to consider (if the gear is available in your server) is doing the offense part with auto-cast gear instead. You can get stats like 120 int/dex, 90-100 vit/agi which is very good for both support and auto-cast.

That type of hybrid can also pick up Magnus Exorcismus and/or Adoramus/Judex and use them for offense too.

I think AB as physical attacker isn't something that can be considered "viable", but it's your character - if you enjoy playing like that, do what you like. Some people just love watching the crits roll by.

#5 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:02 PM

As a support type player, it is not in my place to say but several skill points could be used elsewhere.

I see no reason why you should reduce heal to lvl 8, this is your most dominant self preservation skill, especially considering we will only have a very low level Highness Heal, it is best to max this.

A battle Hybrid support built AB is very SP starved, but I am saying this is a problem all AB's will face, regardless of skill or stat build. There is no reason to be not maxing meditatio for the max SP% increase.

You need to make an informed choice, since KE and Assumptio does not mix, choose to max one or the other and reduce the skill points of the later. I would suggest reducing down Assumptio to lvl 3 considering the damage reduction is the same at all levels, just the duration is effected by skill level, lvl 3 with 60 seconds is more than adequate. You can even reduce KE down to lvl 8, the extra damage soaking from the last two levels is not worth the investment in my eyes.

Why is Duple light lvl 5? This is a battle build correct?

You need to make a choice, either pick up Offertorium or not at all. Any level lower than level 5 is a waste of skillpoints as the best effect at lvl 5 is the only noticable healing amounts compared to level 1-4. It is also because the amount of SP Cost>Heal is more worth at lvl 5.

Expiatio is a splendid skill as it stacks together with most HardDef piercing cards and gears/effects, this does deserve lvl 5 especially if you are planning on having a battle priest in your hybrid.

Although these are the things i am complaining about, i can however understand where your build is coming from and what it is you are aiming to do with it. Take what I have said as a grain of salt and keep on going, it doesnt look too bad a build if you enjoy it and can somehow gear it right.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:21 AM

Nah, Expiatio is not really needed no. There is just 1 scenario where it'd be beneficial, wich is when you are just short of 25~30% def pierce, but its not hars to achieve 100% from gear alone.

#7 Aleksiel

Aleksiel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLasagna

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:51 AM

Oh, I'm terribly sorry about the website I uploaded the images to. And the lack of Lex Aeterna was a mistake, I've already added it to my build (I'm going to fix the link later ended up adding a new link to a safer website with the correct skills in this post). As for Teleport and Warp Portal, they're not available in the server I play, so we get Pneuma without having Teleport (I added the point just to make it count as a 1 skill point invested). AB as a physical attacker is becoming popular in the Brazilian server because of the middle headgear I'm using, Seraphim Coronet, which is even helpful in support builds. I'm going to give up on Offertorium, but I don't know if I'm going to get level 10 Duple Light because now I'm aiming for a hybrid build. I'm already hitting about 600 with each non-critical physical attack, so I think it's fine to keep it at 5 in order to get more supportive skills. I'm using Assumptio to buff RKs and GCs and Kyrie on the rest. The new skill build looks like this (now Meditatio is at level 10) with these stats. My stat resistances with buffs are here.

Thank you all for the feedback and tips!! :D

Edited by Aleksiel, 21 November 2018 - 03:36 PM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:39 AM

Focus on only 1thing on your type of damage dealt. Do you want to be an autocaster? Ditch any physical damage investment. Do you wan't to have good physical damage? Forget about autocasts. Trying to do both will only lead you to be poor at them.

That is as far as damage goes. As for support, gear is mostly irrelevant, all you need is to have the appropriate support skills and you are pretty much set for it.

#9 Aleksiel

Aleksiel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLasagna

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:39 PM

I'm an autocaster, yes. :D That's why I think my damage will keep coming mostly from the Rings. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get my hands on a Coronet before so I ended up adding a lot of STR early on (on the bright side this allows me to carry more Gems). If the support skills are all right then I guess I'll stick to this build. Thanks a lot for the help. :D

P.S.: My AB looks like this right now. I'm going to invest points in VIT ASAP (I'll just get INT to 108 in order to get the first major Coronet bonus).

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:33 PM

if you'll do autocast, forget about atk investment, and with it, Seraphim Coronet.

#11 Aleksiel

Aleksiel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLasagna

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:32 PM

Really? I think it's working considerably nice so far. I have a relatively high base hit and the autocast skills do a reasonable amount of damage. What do you think would be better for my middle slot? Oh, and bRO doesn't have CD in Mouth, unfortunately. :(

Edited by Aleksiel, 21 November 2018 - 03:40 PM.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

mob scarf set

you can basically copy what Super Novices use for autocast on bRO, the gear is 99% the same.

Edited by Ashuckel, 21 November 2018 - 03:42 PM.

#13 Aleksiel

Aleksiel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLasagna

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

I don't think I have seen it around here. :o Either way, you have to be very specific about your stats in order for it to work, right?

Edit: Just found out bRO actually has this. Amazing, I had never seen it before :o. May use it sometime in the future. Nice suggestion!

Edited by Aleksiel, 21 November 2018 - 03:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users