vmod cinamon so agressive - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

vmod cinamon so agressive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:07 AM

vmod become more and more agressive. recently many post been closed by cinamon

#2 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:09 AM

If you got a problem with a VMOD, send your complaint to Astra.

#3 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:18 AM

they are also people. people who can be biased, selfish and locked to what they see is right and does what they see is fit. such is the social structure of how they treat things, sadly

can't complain though, forums hasn't been interesting lately because of that

#4 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:14 AM

take cover, cinnabombed incoming!

#5 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:15 AM

oh no cinnaboom!

#6 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:20 AM

Don’t give her a hard time she is just doing her job.

She is way better than the rest of vmod.

#7 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:21 AM

In my POV, she's doin her job properly. We have rules, and everyone know that. Or haven't read it?
And I am sure this thread will be closed/deleted too.

#8 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:43 AM

the rules have it we're all equally treated. there are grounds for topic checks and how they arise. aggravation comes in many forms

only certain topics are handled as specific. but yeah sure

#9 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:45 AM

be blind and let history repeat itself. sort of fed up anyway

#10 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:56 AM

I think she’s been doing her job just fine, she’s a kind and understanding mod. You want to see another vmod in action, then be careful what you wish for.

#11 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:55 AM

Cinnaluv

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:59 AM

She's just picking up the slack left by the many VMods that either left over the years or got pushed out by the EU ban. It'd stress out anyone.

#13 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

I miss Oda

#14 S7th

S7th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:59 AM

vModCinnamon is a woman? o.O

#15 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:22 AM

I think this cinnamon is the most aggro we've had since 2 cinnamons ago

Shes been closing some on going discussion for no real reason tho like the online player, why was that closed? community was still discussing it, yeah some derailments here and there but there wasnt a flamming war nor anything like that that would 100% mean that topic was NEEDED to be closed, i think there is a line between doing your job and censorship

Edit inb4 this topic gets closed and/or deleted

Edited by Leonchascon, 01 December 2018 - 07:25 AM.

#16 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:47 AM

Obviously these topics will be removed. Call out threads aren't even allowed for scammers, you think calling out vmods and staff is a good idea?

Bet you think you are being so clever. "Oh if I make the topic about how they keep closing threads; they can't close my thread or it will prove me right!" Bunch of Einsteins over here.

#17 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:22 AM

GUOkVa5.gif

vmod become more and more agressive. recently many post been closed by cinamon

Hello LiteAdi,
While these kind of topics are not permitted per rules of the forums. I am going out of my way to respond to you here, unless the staff decide to close/remove it.
This is the second as it was posted before here.

To be simple and fair, without knowing which topic you are speaking of, I cannot help you.
This is because, each single topic is handled differently.

The other user was advised to contact the staff, in addition I contacted them myself to explain. Though, no feedback was ever sent, perhaps to my own inbox. But here's a snippet of the message:

First of all,
Discussing moderation handling in public is not permitted, it has always been like that and it will not change. To correctly address the issue, users are asked to contact the community managers for input/complaints/feedback. In simpler words, it falls under calling out, in which is a violation of the rules of the forums. In addition to that, each topic has its own reason for a lock. Topic locking does not happen on the fly as the content is evaluated based on number of things.

Technically, you can address it like game tickets.

As for the actual locking, without knowing the topic you are referring to, I cannot explain better other than what's been stated here;
A topic may be closed for:

• Violating rules of the forums, directly and indirectly.
  • Necro bumping
  • Alt account abuse
  • Fake/spam bot topics that mimic RO player
If you believe that a certain topic is valid for open discussion then please let us know here and we may look into re-opening it.
Do note, if you are not the owner of a topic then, I may not be able to disclose the issue of the lock, this is a case by case matter.

While we are still on topic locking, the population topic of 1600 was locked by a higher moderator and not me. With that, that all what I can say from this end.

Being said,
I'd really really appreciate understanding the position of a Vmod, it is never a walk in the park. If there is indeed a problem, talk to us, specifically CM Astra or any other active Community Manager. We would be more than happy to explain within what's allowed. In a no Vmod voice; blanket statements of bias and uneducated call outs of that manner are never helpful, as the same were never proven to fix things, assuming that's your honest intent.

Thank you for reading.

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:30 AM

If someone in a higher position is the one locking threads, then it should be clearly stated as to why threads were locked and by whom. It's unfair to leave locked threads anonymous because as the only active VMod left, everyone is going to automatically assume it's Cinnamon.

#19 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:52 AM

The volunteer mod is not even getting paid to tackle the most aspect of running a business (rants). Best way to get people to work for you for free is to give them a special title.

#20 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:39 PM

If someone in a higher position is the one locking threads, then it should be clearly stated as to why threads were locked and by whom. It's unfair to leave locked threads anonymous because as the only active VMod left, everyone is going to automatically assume it's Cinnamon.

+1 thats throwing Cinnamon under the bus lol

The volunteer mod is not even getting paid to tackle the most aspect of running a business (rants). Best way to get people to work for you for free is to give them a special title.

Thats actually some sort of legal excuse to say that w/e the vmod does or say is not binding and does not represent WP in case that they get sued (for clarification im not saying WP should be sued, but thats the real reason they dont pay vmods, even if that claim can be easily be defeated on court since they are the ones with direct contact with the administration so what they say  does represent WP) And I dont know the reasons of the current vmod nor the ones before them but some people just like moderating stuff  :heh:

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:50 PM

i think the sentiment is basically that a while back, even if a topic was slightly not 100% according to the forum rules, it would stay there untouched until basically if things happened to get a bit ugly.

Right now at the slightest hint of a possibilty of going against(or not) anything, it gets shut down/mod warnings immediately.

#22 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:00 PM

I would like to clarify here that, theoretically you are not suppose to be paid for a volunteer job that you chose to pick up on your own, in which you are also welcome to walk away from at any time you like. As for the "titles" assuming forums related, any user can request a title but only certain ones and on case by case may get one.

To be honest, if you are expecting a payment of some sort for this kind of volunteer job, perhaps, it is something you wouldn't want to indulge your time in. I like this game, I enjoy what I am doing, moreover, helping with bug reports is a top priority in my free time.

#23 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

Cinnamon is doing a good job...don’t give her a hard time guys...why don’t you try to do her job before complaining

#24 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:42 PM

i think the sentiment is basically that a while back, even if a topic was slightly not 100% according to the forum rules, it would stay there untouched until basically if things happened to get a bit ugly.

Right now at the slightest hint of a possibilty of going against(or not) anything, it gets shut down/mod warnings immediately.

This is part of the problem. Rules weren't enforced so strictly back then, so we've gotten used to actually having community chats in Community Chat. The current super-modding atmosphere is something we're not used to.

#25 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:46 PM

The fact is that the mods must ensure that the negativity of some users on the forum will not influence the others reading this forum, especially with the number of players declining and ppls were panicking. If it gets too much, it will lead to ppls quitting, or potential new/returning users deciding not to come back. WP and the mod team understand the issue of lack of players, and ppls have every right to express their concern and frustration. But at the end of the day, the ultimate goal is to bring back players or attract enough new comers so the player count will be back to what it was before 2018. This cannot be achieved with the way some ppls post on the forum, and hence from the WP/Mod Team's perspective such negativity must be eliminated. In real world politics, sometimes the rulers need to shut down parades/revolts by disgruntled people. It may not seem fair to do this, but it is for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users