125-150 is literally the worst. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

125-150 is literally the worst.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:10 AM

High TI usually has some combination of monsters ranging from awful - garbage. Plus you have to sit around for half an hour just to organize a party. Which basically halves the effectiveness of even leveling there. Like does anyone actually do the TI when eremes is in it?

Scaraba has that disgusting questline to plow through only to get to a sparse af map full of reflect bots. Plus the XP is just bad.

Bio4 also has 3 obnoxious quests to get out of the way first, then you have to party with rando terribads to barely get a 30 minute BM TI. And it suffers from the same problem that High TI does where you have to waste tremendous amounts of time waiting for people to join a party on necessary classes. PLUS if you arent a RK, Genetic, AB, Sorc, Minst, Wandy, or Warlock you are basically useless or on Gwing $$$ duty. (Yes I am looking at you, Ranger who dies every Gwing)

Its so dumb that you can route through the game so linearly theres practically no opportunity to deviate from the standard path without taking just an insane amount of time. 100-125 Magma 2. 125-150 High TI / Scaraba. 150-175 NCT or Bio4. It also doesn't help that monsters that spawn on maps on this leveling path get bugged after 2 days and spawns are trash for the rest of the week.

I've done this crap like 30 times and I want to die. This game is literally just waiting week after week until there is a TI range that doesn't suck and level a character in that range. You can only play this game on Thursday, Friday, and maybe Saturday before the spawns on leveling maps are poof.

Sorry for not building a pillow fort around this post, but its really frustrating when I am actively trying to find reasons to play this game and I just can't find any. I want to log in for the event that is going on but when I do I just afk instantly.

Edited by Scuba, 05 December 2018 - 02:12 AM.

#2 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:21 AM

thats why you shouldn't play for the sake of numbers and levels

#3 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:32 AM

You can WoE. 

#4 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:34 AM

Whats that got to do with leveling? Im talking about the other 97% of the game. If you want to know why players don't WoE visit this thread: https://forums.warpp...ral-pvp-combat/

Edited by Scuba, 05 December 2018 - 02:39 AM.

#5 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:40 AM

You said you were looking for reasons to play the game at the end?

I agree that 125-150 really is a pile of -_- especially when they put things like Phylla which is extremely new-player-unfriendly. 

#6 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:13 AM

Removing previous week's TI monsters would go a long way. But WP wants its players to suffer unnecessarily. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by mikkotinamide, 05 December 2018 - 03:13 AM.

#7 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:57 AM

No one should play RO with the mindset of getting to lv cap. Focusing on maxing out one's lv only helps to ruin your fun. I strongly suggest you focus more on treasure hunting, and WOE for a momentary diversion from treasure hunting apposed to getting to max lv.

Trust me, if I was focused on maxing lv, I would have lost interest in RO over a decade ago. Furthermore, not only would I not be maining a Rogue, but I wouldn't have become the best rogue player out there. nearly everyone who ever gets to the lv cap, don't know how to even play their characters(It's pathetic), because most use exploits to get there(except for sins, as that's easy mode) or were leached there/used medals.

Also, know what happens when you hit the lv cap, your desire to play dies, unless you play a lot of different characters(I have a high lv LK, and a high lv Kagerou for example as secondary characters, started a bunch of other classes, but not too far with the others).

RO has the best treasure hunting aspect ever made, so go and enjoy that. Speaking of which, at your lv, most classes should beable to go MvP hunting if you have decent gear.

#8 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:57 AM

leveling is a so so even back then besides there are lots of things to do and max level is not mandatory. are you new to this game?

#9 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:01 AM

You can try the a-bit-harder bio2 if those arent infested with "legal" bots

#10 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:59 AM

leveling is a so so even back then besides there are lots of things to do and max level is not mandatory. are you new to this game?

Yea exactly. Hell, before renewal, I never even bothered to go trans, because time to lv to get back what I already had, nevermind surpass such, vs the fact I could do everything just fine as a none trans anyway, frankly wasn't worth it. 

At lv 125 you should beable to do all kinds of things, and if you can't, being 150 Isn't going to change that much, because It's clear you need to either learn your char better or actually start buying gear lol.

Edited by Zoltor, 05 December 2018 - 06:03 AM.

#11 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:12 AM

You can WoE. 

WoE is dead, and has been for almost a decade. And honestly, not sure that there is ANYTHING they could do to fix it either. 

#12 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:18 AM

Scaraba used to be a good map but nowdays the spawns are dead you dont get 4 turns in per bmx like you used to do

Anyway you only have to do half a quest you can do it on 5 minutes you dont need to make another ring you can use one from another character so just start doha secret orders till you speak with BK on the field

The last character i was leveling i managed to level up from 120 to 149 9X% from the mid ti AK week then to NCT and in like 15-20 hours you get 175

So yeah 130 to 150 sucks big time kRO updated the level exp table a long time ago but good luck getting it before the end of the world

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:23 AM

"Scarabas suck you dont get X Turn Ins in a single BM like it used to..."

Hmmm.... Back in the day when bounty board wasnt even a thing it was still an amazing place to level up

hmmm....

spoiled much? lul

#14 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:28 AM

^ Pretty much. High TI can be a good source of income since some mobs can drop useful items and cards and sometimes, it shares the same mobs with the turn ins/bounty boards, making it really easy to get to 150.

Edited by Valtios, 05 December 2018 - 06:30 AM.

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:36 AM

LimpHideousArcticduck-size_restricted.gi

#16 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:40 AM

"Scarabas suck you dont get X Turn Ins in a single BM like it used to..."

Hmmm.... Back in the day when bounty board wasnt even a thing it was still an amazing place to level up

hmmm....

spoiled much? lul

I leveled there without bounty board too Ash, it doesnt change the fact that there are barely any mobs in there

Nor it changes the fact that we are behind on updates that benefit leveling but w/e floats your boat

Edited by Leonchascon, 05 December 2018 - 06:41 AM.

#17 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:44 AM

Also the abyss dungeons or whatever they were called, the one s accessible in guild areas are good to level too

#18 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:48 AM

Its not like I've been teaching people how to level the fastest way possible for like 5 years or anything.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:49 AM

and iRO is still the fastest and easiest server to level up a character, even without the exp table update.

tldr; The feedback loop of the game is so short now that anything less than instant, feels bad.

#20 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:52 AM

Yeah, I used to level in Luina 2F. You don't have to be in a guild, but you or other people need to invest and open it.

You can try requesting to add Parus in High TI this week.

#21 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:05 AM

Bruh TKM in Thor could max a trans character in like 2 hrs. And you could do it with solo or duo. How are you trying to say its shorter feedback now than it was back then?

Renewal made everything so freaking slow. And you can tell because everything they've done is trying to compensate for that. Being forced to level on maps you are way stronger than is totally dumb. The fact that you are penalized for killing things that are higher level than you is insane.

Edited by Scuba, 05 December 2018 - 07:08 AM.

#22 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:20 AM

Bruh TKM in Thor could max a trans character in like 2 hrs. And you could do it with solo or duo. How are you trying to say its shorter feedback now than it was back then?

Renewal made everything so freaking slow. And you can tell because everything they've done is trying to compensate for that. Being forced to level on maps you are way stronger than is totally dumb. The fact that you are penalized for killing things that are higher level than you is insane.

I mean  without cheating, legal  TKM in Thor leaching maybe sure, but cheating is cheating.

I started RO when iRO first went live in 2002, yet over the years, I have never done LOD, Wizz magma parties, Hydro, Hocus pocus, medal exploit or Thor, tyvm. Your response exemplifies why so many people don't know how to play their characters.

Oh and btw the way, renewal made leveling so much faster, although it does favor agi characters, so if you have a vit char, it is a bit slower.

Edited by Zoltor, 05 December 2018 - 07:26 AM.

#23 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:23 AM

I agree. There shouldn't be any penalties if you can actually withstand and effectively level up wherever that happens to be.

#24 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:31 AM

I enjoyed leveling this week melting phyllas with a ranger and genetic ^^ too bad i won't have enough time to get a warlock or sorc to 126 because the high TI exp is fking great :c

#25 johntuna

johntuna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:33 AM

140-150 verus daily quests are pretty good exp, pop a bmx when turn in and go for 1-2 scaraba TI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users