Is it really that hard? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is it really that hard?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

For GMs or CMs to log a normal character, walk into eden, and see which spam artists PM them the moment they enter eden?

Seriously i'm on a f'n brand new character that hasnt even hit ropd yet and already the moment i walk into eden, some retard bot pm's me within seconds of entering in an attempt to sell me crap zeny services likely from a third-world country.

Tired of this -_-aki mushrooms yo. Post a damn GM in eden to seek out these bastards. They're beyond annoying.

Edit: And before any CM comes in here telling me to ticket it, why should we as players have to ticket crap like this? Its not my responsibility as a player to report every single ill-mannered offense when the ticket system is slow and bugged as it is.

Edit2: and by the way, /exall doesnt work if you change maps because some idiot programmer decided it would be a fantastic idea to have to constantly retype that [Kitten] in over and over with every map change. way to go you f'n genius.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 December 2018 - 05:05 PM.
Mod Edit: Do not filter bypass.

#2 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

Stationing a GM in Eden to kill bots that recreates a new character every 3 minutes is a waste of time and resources. We need more than MANpower to combat these bots, maybe a more permanent solution.

#3 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

It is not hard for them to identify one spammer/scammer char and ban that account/IP, but it doesnt help anything. You destroy one bot, another will spawn, and you run into an endless battle against these spammers/scammers.

#4 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:37 PM

The seeker bot usually hangs around Izlude ship or Izlude itself. Once you walk about, depending on how bad your luck is, the barrage of PMs start either post first login or when you enter Eden. It's the same thing at Prontera. As soon I warp there, I get the spam barrage. Eden's worse because my vendor now gets an almost daily Rodex spam even though I stopped logging him in for a few days.

#5 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:54 PM

it doesnt help that the nospam file doesnt work either. i tried every 'phrase' but these stupid bot messages still get through.

its small, unresolved problems like this that end up driving people away due to annoyance.

@kyrie, i know that argument for sure, so why not set up a counter bot to bot-patrol? if bot users can program bots to do this or that, why can't GMs program their own bots to detect player bots which then report back to the GM team? ice the entire need to have players report in the first place. ice the entire need to have a GM actively patrol eden/izlude/prontera.

that is the way of business now right? handle everything with f'n robots?

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:55 PM

For GMs or CMs to log a normal character, walk into eden, and see which spam artists PM them the moment they enter eden?

Seriously i'm on a f'n brand new character that hasnt even hit ropd yet and already the moment i walk into eden, some retard bot pm's me within seconds of entering in an attempt to sell me crap zeny services likely from a third-world country.

Tired of this -_-aki mushrooms yo. Post a damn GM in eden to seek out these bastards. They're beyond annoying.

If I was to be honest the GMs routinely do this. Though I think they need to switch to new accounts since they don't get messaged. I will update the rodex filters.

#7 Canceroine

Canceroine

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:56 PM

Allow bb, db and amulet in towns and inside eden problem solved, oh wait. A lot of people are going to be against that!

#8 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

If I was to be honest the GMs routinely do this. Though I think they need to switch to new accounts since they don't get messaged. I will update the rodex filters.

i was hoping you'd chime in. im under the impression the botters themselves might have their own version of nospam.dll except more like 'who_not_to_pm.dll'

or even similar to the A_Friends.lua file in the ai folder, in the sense that they remember certain accounts for sure.

if possible, maybe ask the GMs to hop on accounts not connected to their GM account.

however, if they do have such a file that remembers accounts, it's possible that they might have some kind of system setup in play that, if a certain character pm's them and they get banned shortly after.. maybe it remembers that name/account too for next time, so as to prevent pm'ing said potential GM name and avoiding a new ban on the next bot?

#9 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:12 PM

The seeker bot usually hangs around Izlude ship or Izlude itself. Once you walk about, depending on how bad your luck is, the barrage of PMs start either post first login or when you enter Eden. It's the same thing at Prontera. As soon I warp there, I get the spam barrage. Eden's worse because my vendor now gets an almost daily Rodex spam even though I stopped logging him in for a few days.

@camp, orokamono is correct. the annoying punk PMing me is the bottom-most of these 3 noobs sitting in izlude. i know ya'll are against naming people directly but this was taken literally 30 seconds ago and im still standing near them right now. its a series of 3, although i havent been pm'd yet by the other 2.

unknown.png

#10 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:14 PM

Don't use NoSpam, it doesn't work anymore. You need to use NoSpam2.

I posted guidelines here on how to use it with the new features. If you need help with the configs you can PM me a sample of the spam.

#11 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:19 PM

@camp, orokamono is correct. the annoying punk PMing me is the bottom-most of these 3 noobs sitting in izlude. i know ya'll are against naming "people" directly but this was taken literally 30 seconds ago and im still standing near them right now. its a series of 3, although i havent been pm'd yet by the other 2.

unknown.png

Hmm... :heh:

#12 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

Dude, dont even submit the ticket. GMs already have tons of tickets waiting in line. We need to get our items verified!!!

#13 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

its weird i only get message if i go to prontera nowadays not in izlude or eden in only one char not with others...

#14 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:34 PM

Don't use NoSpam, it doesn't work anymore. You need to use NoSpam2.

I posted guidelines here on how to use it with the new features. If you need help with the configs you can PM me a sample of the spam.

version 2 cinnahammer is super legit, thank you much!! i will look this over right after quest change

Hmm... :heh:

isnt it sad it had to be worded that way though? so much damn red tape.

#15 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:31 PM

lol I've added many phrases to nospam2, and still, few days later, the scammers would pm my characters with new phrases, then i had to update again and again, this will never end╮( ̄▽ ̄")╭ 

oh wait, I alrdy quitted, screw the scammers, let them spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam wahahahahahaha

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:23 PM

NoSpam2 works great if you read the instructions. The important bit is to make sure the counters have been set to allow zero tolerance to the set of phrases.

#17 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

Who reads instructions? No one does that nowadays.  :heh: 

#18 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

The rodex filter is actually working now, havent got any these past few weeks

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

Well the basics for nospam2 are as follows

A definition is made up from three parts, I will use a line from mine as an example.

;addPhrase 3 "re'finede'quips"

;addPhrase is the initialiser

3 is the weight of the phrase

"re'finede'quips" is the phrase to look for.

NoSpam takes a message, looks for the list of definitions, adds up the weight as a score, if the score is 3 or more it will block the message.

As you can see from my example, if it included that specific word, it will just block it without mercy.

3 is the score for my personal setup, you can change it on the line blockSpamThresh 3 to whatever number you see fit, but 3 is fine.

So just find unique words, get the correct spelling and it will block them so you won't even know they exist.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 10 December 2018 - 08:53 PM.

#20 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:43 PM

actually that is good to know^, im more of a fine line kinda dude for tweaking stuff like that.

also good to know what yong said too about the rodex, i was wondering as i hadnt really gotten many of those lately either?

@callie wahh you quit for real?

#21 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:16 AM

actually that is good to know^, im more of a fine line kinda dude for tweaking stuff like that.

also good to know what yong said too about the rodex, i was wondering as i hadnt really gotten many of those lately either?

I actually quitted for months

#22 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:29 AM

try ROM fuuton, every received PM chat appears as mini flying chat ballooon moving across screen, instead of pop-up stupid chats which disrupts your visibility :V

#23 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:39 AM

Stationing a GM in Eden to kill bots that recreates a new character every 3 minutes is a waste of time and resources. We need more than MANpower to combat these bots, maybe a more permanent solution.

We need brains and technical knowledge which something Gravity and WP severely lack. You get what you pay for I guess. Pay a man 15 an hour and you'll get 15 an hour worth of work.

#24 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:28 AM

I'm waiting for you to take my hand and lets take a break or quit together lol

#25 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:37 PM

I'm waiting for you to take my hand and lets take a break or quit together lol

Can’t quit without bio5 mvp RG card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users