December 19th RE:START Maintenance - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 19th RE:START Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#26 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

Currently were talking to the studio about all the QoL updates that both restart and renewal didn't get. Its been a running series of weekly meetings but I should have more knowledge next Wednesday evening.

I understand getting the exe updated could be annoying to get done but aren't you guys capable of adding giant beelz box without the studio?

Also what about buffing this santa reset so it doesn't feel pitiful like i mentioned above?

Edited by Wyndor, 19 December 2018 - 07:24 PM.

#27 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:thor

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

5 pt stat reset,
Gift is 3 of each HD Ore, some red envelopes and some silvervine.
Sleigh event is a special event costume.

bettet than nothing atleast i have sv for saving upcoming new headgear...

#28 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:25 PM

Thank you!

By the way, once you choose the random gift from the santa NPC , the chat will take you directly to the guild dungeon realm you want to go. 

You can not choose the stat reset after choosing the random gift, i dont know if this is intended, but choosing between stat reset or random gift doesnt seen fair at all.

That's actually intended, going back in time:
https://forums.warpp...t/#entry2357093

There might have been minor tweaks since then but the offers timers did not change. It is possible though to reset the NPC/quest to offer the gated options one more time, things like that though are handled on case by case basis. Let's see what the staff think.

#29 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

That's actually intended, going back in time:
https://forums.warpp...t/#entry2357093

There might have been minor tweaks since then but the offers timers did not change. It is possible though to reset the NPC/quest to offer the gated options one more time, things like that though are handled on case by case basis. Let's see what the staff think.

You do realize the scripted dialogue with santa still implies hes giving a full stat and skill reset right?  I know this was a thing in the past and quite frankly don't get why its 5 stats and no skill at all now.  As i said before i get it, you want to make money off silvervine resets, but how much are you realistically going to make off the what 50 people playing here with a limit of 100SV a char a week, which they can get simply from turn ins?

Why not make it actually enjoyable for people.  Forging smiths aren't even a thing anymore and potion maker biochems virtually everyone has or will just leech at porcelios and bypass the effort anyways.  Just let santa do full resets so people can reset their builds, hell maybe they tell a friend with a screwed up char and that person decides to come back to try the server again.

#30 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:04 AM

Yes, I brought that to their attention, it seems to be a modest event for this time around.

#31 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

we tried again the quest but well wipe out again you cant kill antonio that makes your hp to 1 every time ....

#32 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

I offered to help.

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:20 PM

Hello!

Next week we will make the following changes to the Christmas events.

Players will be able to claim a full stat reset from Santa.

Players who claimed a partial stat reset will find their stat reset claim reset and will be able to get a gift item set in addition to claiming a stat reset.

Players who claimed a gift item set will be able to claim a stat reset.

Antonio's magic damage will be toned down.

#34 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:03 AM

can you do that to renewal too ? the mvp are too strong for average players or who dont have good gears

#35 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:12 AM

can you do that to renewal too ? the mvp are too strong for average players or who dont have good gears

I wonder what Antonio's skill you mean, is it the Hell's Judgement skill? Which you can block with pneuma

Or some kind of area Coma? which i dont know if it exists at all.

My advice is, use a mental strenght monk, and biochemist to kill it. If you need help, i can help you.

#36 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

I didnt notice this spell when my amistr tanked it. He casted meteor storm and otherwise just died to bombs quickly.

#37 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

Hello!

Next week we will make the following changes to the Christmas events.
Players will be able to claim a full stat reset from Santa.
Players who claimed a partial stat reset will find their stat reset claim reset and will be able to get a gift item set in addition to claiming a stat reset.
Players who claimed a gift item set will be able to claim a stat reset.

Any chance of adding giant beelz too? With such low pop its hard to lvl which means multi client follow parties :( with giant beelz we could atleast goto other maps too.

Being able to enjoy the exp event with this would be greatly appreciated and thanks for buffing Santa :)

Edited by Wyndor, 21 December 2018 - 05:28 PM.

#38 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

I wonder what Antonio's skill you mean, is it the Hell's Judgement skill? Which you can block with pneuma

Or some kind of area Coma? which i dont know if it exists at all.

My advice is, use a mental strenght monk, and biochemist to kill it. If you need help, i can help you.

my friends give up on this quest so i wouldnt mind doing it again , i lost my 30% exp to my lv92 paladin and 10 pcs of ygg berry, if sir camp is gonna do it on next maintenance then go , oh and thank you :thx:  for kind offering but i dont need it for just sparkling thingy costume im focus myself now on level grinding since its x2 exp mod , sorry for over dramatic cuz this player is weak af despite how much i spent to the game even in renewal i just find myself to enjoy iRO thats all ...

#39 JittersSnowpaw

JittersSnowpaw

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

Uhh what do you do with Santa Bag and the Socks?

#40 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

Uhh what do you do with Santa Bag and the Socks?

Santa Bag is a costume you can wear for like 10 minutes (you can't attack/use skills while it is in effect).

TLnkNCT.png

The Red Stocking and other special item drops could be traded for things like gift boxes and other nice stuff in the past (in Lutie), not sure it's available on RE:Start though (save them in your storage if it's not, and comes back in the future though).

#41 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:19 PM

for the love of odin i cant file a ticket because of this "ooops error page" in the site even in log out another error again -_-

#42 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

for the love of odin i cant file a ticket because of this "ooops error page" in the site even in log out another error again -_-

Happened to me aswell a week ago.

Btw, if you still need help rodex me on Theosis anytime, so i can add you to friends.

#43 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:17 AM

Hello,

Please check How to Send a Ticket in my signature, it covers support page errors and how to get around them.

#44 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:31 AM

Giant beelz when? EXP event is wasting away and still don't have it :(  Or atleast in the mean time make it so a box of giant wings gives enough to actually last?

Edited by Wyndor, 24 December 2018 - 10:31 AM.

#45 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:49 AM

You do realize the scripted dialogue with santa still implies hes giving a full stat and skill reset right?  I know this was a thing in the past and quite frankly don't get why its 5 stats and no skill at all now.  As i said before i get it, you want to make money off silvervine resets, but how much are you realistically going to make off the what 50 people playing here with a limit of 100SV a char a week, which they can get simply from turn ins?

Why not make it actually enjoyable for people.  Forging smiths aren't even a thing anymore and potion maker biochems virtually everyone has or will just leech at porcelios and bypass the effort anyways.  Just let santa do full resets so people can reset their builds, hell maybe they tell a friend with a screwed up char and that person decides to come back to try the server again.

Yea, I went to Santa full a full reset a few days ago since the dialogue did say so.  Then it goes on to say only 5 from a single stat after selecting it.  Then after a minute of deciding which stat I'll part 5 off, chat closes when I go to choose luck, no reset, and he talks as though I've completed my "gift.".  Basically, Ragnarok's gonna Ragnarok

The Red Stocking and other special item drops could be traded for things like gift boxes and other nice stuff in the past (in Lutie), not sure it's available on RE:Start though (save them in your storage if it's not, and comes back in the future though).

No TI for it on restart

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 24 December 2018 - 10:54 AM.

#46 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

Why did Santa tell me to come back the 25th when it was obviously the 25th already lol?

#47 AreaCode562

AreaCode562

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:41 PM

Why did Santa tell me to come back the 25th when it was obviously the 25th already lol?

I have the same question.

#48 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 11:25 PM

I have the same question.

Thank you for the report. Getting the exact message on this end too.

I elevated the question to the staff, hopefully we get an answer some time soon.

Note that, currently Klaus does not list a mention of "25th" on Renewal servers. Perhaps he's too old to remember things :(

#49 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:27 AM

Will check. Today's patch notes will be up in a couple hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users