Mechanic just woke up from a very long nap. - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mechanic just woke up from a very long nap.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kandei

Kandei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

I just returned to RO after two hiatuses totaling six or seven years. The last time I played, I became a Mechanic. I know I'm nuts - this is my primary and I originally intended to forge (I started playing in alpha!) This time, I wanted to become an Axe Mech and start leveling again, focusing on PvM, but from what I've read it's really not possible with axe builds. I legit love axes and would love to continue with them. Thoughts? Greatly appreciated, thanks all!

2wfnzw8.jpg

#2 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 December 2018 - 03:50 PM

OCP made every mech life easier (mado and axes).

its pretty much possible to solo all instance with mech, you just need to have the right equipments.

#3 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

Axe Mech absolutely smashes. But its really expensive relative to some other classes.

#4 Kandei

Kandei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:33 PM

Thanks all. I'd read that axe mech without Mado was impossible to grind high levels with. Do you think I can get by without the Mado and primarily take axe skills? Thanks again!  :p_smile:

#5 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:07 AM

Axe mech is really good still . It's end game is strong with Axe tornado on Work cap and Axe Boomerang spam on single target MVP instances.

Before that, it is still easy to grind even with cheap gears.

For AOE, you might need a +9 sea captain's hat for the 40% damage buff to axe tornado, but if you're spamming axe boomerang, you only need the cap at +0 while you are still poor, then get the supplemental armor and dex accessory combo to spam axe boomerangs. 

What's your budget right now? I can suggest you a set of gears that will make leveling easy based on ur budget.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 26 December 2018 - 12:08 AM.

#6 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:10 AM

Thanks all. I'd read that axe mech without Mado was impossible to grind high levels with. Do you think I can get by without the Mado and primarily take axe skills? Thanks again!  :p_smile:

where did you read that? (bold sentences in blue)

iRO wiki mech page ?

is this blue sentence "It is recommended to create a hybrid Axe / HSCR build that also has some Mado skills for leveling purposes. Mado skills like Arm Cannon are mandatory for leveling beyond level 120 or so, as Axe Tornado will not have adequate damage for higher HP monsters." that influence you for making above assumptions?

it is totally non-sense, you can always go hybrid build (axe and mado) or each pure build (axe / mado) but its not mandatory.

The only major advantage of mado mech over axe mech is mado mech got hit-check bypass skill and not restricting its skill to be used by single weapon class (wider range of weapon selections, not limited to axes). If there will be single piece of gears/equipments that grants 80-90 perfect hit it will be another major gamechanger for axe mech.

there are two particular OCP items and one revised custom headgears (community headgear) that make both mech (mado and axe) tremendously buffed since early levels.

the first is work cap which buffed 100% of your axe tornado skill damage when highly refined and grants you 100% def bypass to everything in the game since very early levels. (the cap also usable on mado mech for its +100 eatk and 50% boss protocol damage bonus)

second is Sea Captain Hat which removes Axe Boomerang 1 second cooldown skil and when combined with supplemental part dex+str combo reducing another 2 seconds cooldown which allows you to spam axe boomerang skill, also usable since very early levels.

(the hat also usable for axe tornado purpose, but not as good as work cap)

third is supplemental chip which enables you to spam arm cannon, ice launcher and fire launcher. The single accessory is equivalent to single kiel and 5/3 beelzebub MVP cards for aforementioned skills. Just Imagine how much cost you can save by wearing two, also usable since very early levels.

(the chip also usable on axe mech, for its +10 STR-VIT-DEX, +100 eatk and 5% atk bonus )

cory & blackCROSSCY axe boomerang infinite loop demonstration

Scuba High TI Axe Tornado Videos

Yliw Mado mech compilation videos

#7 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:55 AM

Low-Mid Budget: $20

Head: +9 Sea Captain Hat (any card)**

Mid: Anything
Lower: Toy Syringe / Anything

Garment: Skin of Ladon (Wak Wak) 

Armor: Supplement Part Str

Weapon: Tornado Axe*

Footgear: Temporal Str Boots

Accessory 1: Arquien's Necklace*

Accessory 2: Supplement Part Dex / Anything

Shadow Armor Set: +3 to all stats. Costume Goggles (EXP Costume)

* Included Arquiens and Tornado Axe in the low build. These are higher budget items but make such a vast improvement its hard not to use them. Arquiens will give you infinite HP / SP sustain with the candy drops as long as you greed them up. No need to worry about spamming supplies, even better if you combo with HP / SP Leech. Tornado axe reduces the cooldown of Axe Tornado by 50%, letting you do literally twice the damage over time. For Sea Captain, only get this if you plan on getting it +9. Otherwise it doesnt matter about your headgear for this budget, use the best thing you have.

High - Super High Budget: $120

Head: +10 Work Cap

Mid: Tengu Mask
Lower: Tengu Scroll

Garment: +9 Skin of Ladon (Deviling) / +9 Skin of Ladon (Wak Wak)

Armor: +10 Evil Dragon Armor / Consultation Robe (Str / Str)

Weapon: Tornado Axe (True Howard Card)

Footgear: Temporal Str Boots (Fighting Spirit / Bears Power)

Accessory 1: Arquien's Necklace (Gold Scaraba)

Accessory 2: Arquien's Necklace (Gold Scaraba)

Shadow Armor:

Physical Set (Weapon / 2x Accessory)

Malicious Set (Armor, Shield, Shoes)

Atk 1% + Atk 1% Upper & Middle Costume

Max HP +1% Lower Costume

If you are improving from build 1 -> Build 2, prioritize gears in this order: Arquien's Neclace (#2), +10 Work Cap, Deviling Ladon, Enchanted Temporal Boots, True Howard Card, Evil Dragon Armor, Malicious Shadow Set, Physical Shadow Set, Tengu Set, Consultation Robe, Gold Scaraba Cards, Enchanted Costumes.

Edited by Scuba, 26 December 2018 - 05:03 AM.

#8 Kandei

Kandei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:29 PM

Tremendous! Thank you so much, everyone. This is a huge help.

I did read that on the Wiki page, yes. My budget is probably no more than USD 250, over time. I'm used to Merchant gear being expensive.

Again, thank you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users