December 27th Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 27th Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
246 replies to this topic

#26 FangSkin

FangSkin

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:21 PM

@Campitor can u explain *NEW* Damage mitigation in castles is doubled? From what I know skill damage is already 1/2 (50% reduction) inside castles. How does doubling damage mitigation work? Will it be 25% of total damage?

#27 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:21 PM

I don't play nor care for WoE so I'm kinda missing the context.

Last WoE got messed up because sum ppl got their hands on that Gioia? o_o'

#28 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

I don't play nor care for WoE so I'm kinda missing the context.

Last WoE got messed up because sum ppl got their hands on that Gioia? o_o'

Quick ver is that people comp over a certain set of castles in WoE to have the ability to enter the guild dungeon and camp/compete the only Gioia that spawns in iRO. It's been this way for, what, 7, 8 years now? Probly since WoE2 was implemented. 

Now that there's been confirmations that its card has dropped outside of a guild dungeon, people are saying that many players have lost their motivation to attend WoE (I believe it's a 'pandora's box' kinda thing).

#29 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:28 PM

Quick ver is that people comp over a certain set of castles in WoE to have the ability to enter the guild dungeon and camp/compete the only Gioia that spawns in iRO. It's been this way for, what, 7, 8 years now? Probly since WoE2 was implemented. 

Now that there's been confirmations that its card has dropped outside of a guild dungeon, people are saying that many players have lost their motivation to attend WoE (I believe it's a 'pandora's box' kinda thing).

I see.

But is there's even any confirmation anyone dropped Gioia this week?

#30 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

I see.

But is there's even any confirmation anyone dropped Gioia this week?

Its the dupe issues that the duppd card will be or is readily available.

Its already on a website for $260ish or something. A screenshot someone showed to me.

#31 Basaltic

Basaltic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

Because of this event, 7-8 years hardworking of all lunia woe members was ruined in ONLY a week.

Edited by Basaltic, 26 December 2018 - 06:32 PM.

#32 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:34 PM

Now can you pls update the original CL with Pyuriel and Gioia?

#33 alvehu

alvehu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Runeterra
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

For years many loyal players have been dealing with ridiculous actions to revive the game, it includes nerfed classes, bugs that arent fixed, and even the main topic for old players and some new interesded, yes im talling about woe, its so disgusting and sad how evident is the favoritism in this game. Waiting on actualizations that doesnt come, but come so fast the help for such afew ppl, some of them arent even active in game but who cares right?! Go the hell the rest off active ppl in game. I just hope this selfish ppl enjoy what they are doing. #irofavoritismServer #thx4corruptthegame #dupeseverywere

#34 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:40 PM

There's also at least some portion of players that don't care about the card, never did and never will, and feel the same way about WoE. I've been seeing the ___ (woe, iro, pvm, etc etc) is dead for 10+ years now. iRO is still chugging along somehow, and will continue to do so.  :p_hi:

#35 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

or just disable all the MVP card's effect in WOE.  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#36 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:44 PM

There's also at least some portion of players that don't care about the card, never did and never will, and feel the same way about WoE. I've been seeing the ___ (woe, iro, pvm, etc etc) is dead for 10+ years now. iRO is still chugging along somehow, and will continue to do so.  :p_hi:

So ... I assume next is Chaos server and Thor server is merging? As far as I'm aware, iRO used to have many servers and each had over 3k players. Now we have 1 server with 1.2k and 1.7k with card event  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#37 markopolong

markopolong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:47 PM

There is 1 thing GM can do regarding this Giaio. Bring 1 ocp gear which reduce 90% wind n ghost magic damage at common rate. All woe player will be happy muahahaha

#38 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:49 PM

Hi GM - what's the point of WOE if the guild with Gioia card always wins :heh:

#39 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:49 PM

So ... I assume next is Chaos server and Thor server is merging? As far as I'm aware, iRO used to have many servers and each had over 3k players. Now we have 1 server with 1.2k and 1.7k with card event  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Sshhh, don't look at the server population numbers! Just keep your eyes on the shiny cards!  :rice:  :rice:  :rice:

:p_devil:

#40 shadindevil

shadindevil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:01 PM

But did anyone manage do drop Gioia card, tho? owo

unknown.png?width=830&height=465

Card and screenshot are not mine

#41 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Lmao to the complaints about 2 HoA MVPs being in the event clab. Theres a whole lot of complaints coming from people who haven't even tried competing in the HoAs.

As the only person on Chaos who has consistently comped Gioia, Pyuriel, Daehyon, and Kades since the MVPs were first given their MVP reward loots (The card wasn't even implemented when they did this), and has killed over 1600 gioias from legitimate spawns alone, how exactly does this benefit the only two groups that even show their faces at Gioia comps? Oh right, it doesn't. This event isn't beneficial to either of the 2 woe guilds when it comes to Gioia being included. It benefits those who never would have even seen the MVPs spawn in the first place, aka people who don't participate in woe guilds.

Also its funny that theres such an uproar towards Gioia, yet I never recall such negative feedback from anyone else when Clab included Kades and Daehyon, both of which are also HoA MVPs, and both of which have only seen their cards drop from within the instance.

#42 Newbi001

Newbi001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:04 PM

@.@ not everyone are equal in this event if you able to killed MVP inside the event? So it's not harmful to increase the number of MVP card in game. Maybe for long long feature, there was gioia card MVP combo ocp c ome out, if the card hoarder is less, then the ocp will become less demand. Besides that, in every game we need to accept the reality, which is the number of item in game will only increase, because player always farming it. So maybe some guild feel like their efforts was ruin by this event, but actually their guild members also get 2nd 3rd gioia card. So the situation is actually fair. :T if you are serious with the game, why not you monopoly the card by buying all Gioia card in market with double or even triple the price. Simply quit the game is not responsible, and not take serious in the game. If you all feel tire in iRO and feel boring, switch from pvm and woe to community's event such as art contest .

#43 adi261090

adi261090

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationEden Group
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:05 PM

Hi Mr. Camp & team, please put medical scrub [1] to OCP Remix thank you  :ho:  :no1:

#44 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:05 PM

Dear Campitor & Team

Sleigh to yesterday is pure fun... didnt enjoy myself so much since running around comodo for 1st community hats release or killing strong scarabas with my lord knight for bio 5 hat prototype.

Fresh event with exciting fights. I have never touched the real Clab before, couldnt care less for Guild dungeons and didnt knew about Gioia or Kades prior to last week.

Also mad Antonio is annoying for mid lvl classes, much laughs running away from him.

Dont let the salt melt the snow of the season. You truly hitted the nail with this event. Bringing long delayed cards is icing on top of the cake.

Keep it up. There are clueless players like me who just care about the fun and not about the power play of a few who want to mantain status quo.

Also Santa early and with both gifts is a nice touch. You have me on board for 2019!

All the best!

#45 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:09 PM

@Campitor can u explain *NEW* Damage mitigation in castles is doubled? From what I know skill damage is already 1/2 (50% reduction) inside castles. How does doubling damage mitigation work? Will it be 25% of total damage?

Were testing to see what WoE damage is like if the mitigations are doubled. Between the level cap increases and all the new items player damage has been increasing at a drastic place. This is only for the event WoE to get an idea of whats going on.

"Guild Dungeon MVPs removed from spawn list". Didnt I call this out before too? 

Because the fav. players already got the wanted card (0.01% that my hunch is wrong), at the cost of having the dupped card in the server, and newbies leaving the server. So why the not? :v

Its not the updates that we're lacking that kicking players off the game. It's favoritism.  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

The plan for the cycling of the MVPs was laid out in here: https://forums.warpp...aq-friday-1221/ at the beginning of the event so that everyone was aware of the event and its planned cycle.
Overall I would say this event structure was interesting but the RNG on the spawner needs some fine tuning. Options that were set to rarer seem to be sighted by players more than intended. We will have to look into that, it may be reporting bias or the RNG is.. well being weird.

As a note cries of 'favoritism' are not constructive feedback. Stating your view point such as displeasure at a certain MVP being included or not included, however IS proper feedback and noted for possible future event incarnations. If you want to go into greater detail about your feedback and not risk causing a forum incident please feel free to PM me. This can include suggestions what you would like to see.

Its the dupe issues that the duppd card will be or is readily available.

Its already on a website for $260ish or something. A screenshot someone showed to me.

Since we got the reports of the card being available from certain bad individuals we have prepared everything to check for new instances of the card every week and remove them. No matter what character they are on, mail, cart or storage. If we find a duplicate it will be removed with weekly maintenance. This will start tomorrow and continue as a weekly task.

#46 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

Could you please make those recent mvp cards non-tradeable. I think those guild dungeon mvp cards were tradeable even with some recent mvp cards like celine kimi card, corruption root, bijou, cutie, bio5 mvps etc.

#47 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

If I were WP, I’d put Gioia there and remove the card from its drop list. No one would notice this after all, since the chance of card dropping is low. On the other hand, it mkes both WOE and non-WOE ppls happy. The former don’t see another card dropping, the latter is motivated to farm instance and perhaps will get another card anyway.

#48 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:24 PM

Were testing to see what WoE damage is like if the mitigations are doubled. Between the level cap increases and all the new items player damage has been increasing at a drastic place. This is only for the event WoE to get an idea of whats going on.

The plan for the cycling of the MVPs was laid out in here: https://forums.warpp...aq-friday-1221/ at the beginning of the event so that everyone was aware of the event and its planned cycle.
Overall I would say this event structure was interesting but the RNG on the spawner needs some fine tuning. Options that were set to rarer seem to be sighted by players more than intended. We will have to look into that, it may be reporting bias or the RNG is.. well being weird.

As a note cries of 'favoritism' are not constructive feedback. Stating your view point such as displeasure at a certain MVP being included or not included, however IS proper feedback and noted for possible future event incarnations. If you want to go into greater detail about your feedback and not risk causing a forum incident please feel free to PM me. This can include suggestions what you would like to see.

Since we got the reports of the card being available from certain bad individuals we have prepared everything to check for new instances of the card every week and remove them. No matter what character they are on, mail, cart or storage. If we find a duplicate it will be removed with weekly maintenance. This will start tomorrow and continue as a weekly task.

1. "Overall I would say this event structure was interesting"

Not sure if you're aware of such complain but I hope you'll do a better X'mas event because 

You even forgot to put on X'mas songs and snow effect, Camp.

2. "Options that were set to rarer seem to be sighted by players more than intended"

I already post before that it is very easy to pull out Gioia. I dont know why you're going to look into it just now when Gioia ha already been dupped. 

3. "As a note cries of 'favoritism' are not constructive feedback."

Any reason why not every MvP in the event? Where and when did you get the poll of "highly desired" from?

4. "Since we got the reports of the card being available from certain bad individuals we have prepared everything to check for new instances of the card every week and remove them."

I'm not a pro programmer but as far as my common sense tells me, you can remove all dupped Gioias as many as you can but the duppers can continue duping it because they already got the information needed to dupe the card. I hope I'm wrong.

#49 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:25 PM

Please!!!! not only the card. Please check all the item in the game, if you can. Thank you

Edited by GustoZ, 26 December 2018 - 07:26 PM.

#50 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:31 PM

Didn't even get the chance to see that Goia. Of all the time that my home internet would go down, it chose the holidays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users