December 27th Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 27th Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
246 replies to this topic

#51 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

1. "Overall I would say this event structure was interesting"

Not sure if you're aware of such complain but I hope you'll do a better X'mas event because

You even forgot to put on X'mas songs and snow effect, Camp.

2. "Options that were set to rarer seem to be sighted by players more than intended"

I already post before that it is very easy to pull out Gioia. I dont know why you're going to look into it just now when Gioia ha already been dupped. 

3. "As a note cries of 'favoritism' are not constructive feedback."

Any reason why not every MvP in the event? Where and when did you get the poll of "highly desired" from?

4. "Since we got the reports of the card being available from certain bad individuals we have prepared everything to check for new instances of the card every week and remove them."

I'm not a pro programmer but as far as my common sense tells me, you can remove all dupped Gioias as many as you can but the duppers can continue duping it because they already got the information needed to dupe the card. I hope I'm wrong.

1. The maps, music, and weather are coming this week. Its been someone of a battle to get what we can. The problem is many of the core maps such as prontera, izlude, and alberta keep on changing with episodic updates. But they don't deliver the christmas event with them which causes us to have issues where the christmas map is different than the normal map in the world. NPcs end up out of place, portals in weird areas. Its quite a mess to clean up. We managed to get the latest versions of Izlude and Alberta as well as the old christmas maps for Aldebaran, Geffen, and Prontera Church prepared. Prontera it self no one can find a christmas map for because late in the 16.2-17.1 era kRO switched back to old prontera.
2. The event has nothing to do with an item being duplicated. If gold sellers were going to duplicate an item they were going to do it regardless of if we had an event or not once they got their hands on it.
3. Player discussions regarding the MVP summoner event instance over the years. We weren't really comfortable with that particular event structure though because players were able to dial in an MVP 100% of the time rather than having to deal with a randomized spawn. That is why the CLAB structure was selected.
4. It removes the reward for purchasing it from the RMTers. Plus we ban accounts that associate with the bad behavior, further penalizing people who associate with bad behavior so not only will they lose their money they will lose their accounts.

#52 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:39 PM

2. The event has nothing to do with an item being duplicated. If gold sellers were going to duplicate an item they were going to do it regardless of if we had an event or not once they got their hands on it.
3. Player discussions regarding the MVP summoner event instance over the years. We weren't really comfortable with that particular event structure though because players were able to dial in an MVP 100% of the time rather than having to deal with a randomized spawn. That is why the CLAB structure was selected.

2. Not true actually, pretty obvious that they started the instant this event hit. Don't know how they did it but I'm guessing that they saw the influx of Gioias available and thought it to be safe to do it.

[Kittens]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 26 December 2018 - 07:43 PM.
Mod Edit: Hello!

#53 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:49 PM

Prontera it self no one can find a christmas map for because late in the 16.2-17.1 era kRO switched back to old prontera.

The map exists but it's a massive let down, the only difference is the fountain being replaced with a tree. All the other decorations that the old prontera map had are not present.

Would still be able to find it if kRO didn't take their old FTP offline.

#54 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

how about disabling Gioia effect in woe...no more drama then

#55 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:58 PM

Camp:

I dont care if someone believe this event is good, but the result is this event made tons of players expecially WOE players frustrated and some of them are start sell equipments recently.

I appreciate that your team are trying to make game better, but the result is sad.

Maybe I should ask question in this way:

If WP team time travel back to November and has a chance to design the event again, will you add gioia into dungeon again?

Edited by zx56vb, 26 December 2018 - 07:58 PM.

#56 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:03 PM

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to see an Illussion Moonie that I have yet to see in the server.  :heh:

#57 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:08 PM

Should've put bio 5 MVPs in CL instead of Gioia. ppls will be equally satisfied to see them, and yet it wont make WOE ppls angry. But oh well...

#58 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:22 PM

If u want to change mvp please make it all valk and queen scaraba

#59 Vhaaaan

Vhaaaan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:26 PM

If u want to change mvp please make it all valk and queen scaraba

u really make my heart ache  :p_sad:

#60 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:26 PM

All right folks, the call out and staff/GM accusatory are uncalled for. You do not make a good feedback that way.

So please, if you do have concerns post them in a constructive manner. Few polite thorough words can do wonders.

Should the call out and guild drama posting continue I will not shy from doing the unspeakable thing ;).

And couple more posts had to go.

#61 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:39 PM

All right folks, the call out and staff/GM accusatory are uncalled for. You do not make a good feedback that way.

So please, if you do have concerns post them in a constructive manner. Few polite thorough words can do wonders.

Should the call out and guild drama posting continue I will not shy from doing the unspeakable thing ;).

And couple more posts had to go.

Sorry about this, but it is OK that if I wanna ask who  1st suggest adding gioia into this event, right?  :thx:

#62 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:00 PM

Camp:
I dont care if someone believe this event is good, but the result is this event made tons of players expecially WOE players frustrated and some of them are start sell equipments recently.
I appreciate that your team are trying to make game better, but the result is sad.
Maybe I should ask question in this way:
If WP team time travel back to November and has a chance to design the event again, will you add gioia into dungeon again?

If you're asking if I regret putting it in; No. without a willingness to try new events structures, encounters, and rewards the seasonal events get pretty routine. We want to be able to appeal to every play style that players have with this game. Anniversary was a community focused event that focused on community involvement. With TLAPD we tried hard to promote group play with a reward system and encounters designed around a whole groups jumping into the instances. Christmas Lab is an attempt to appeal to those users interested in the trying out new/rare MVPs that the game has to offer, or those who just like fighting bosses. In 2019 were planning on doing more varied events such as our currently being scripted Valentines event which has a much more in depth player making their own story/relationship element to it. Hopefully one such event can include an iRO event dungeon.

Ultimately since we got more event creation support for the next year were going to use it to try new things hopefully some fun to the server. We certainly hope that players enjoy the events but it is possible that some users won't. Which is why it is important to give constructive feedback. This particular event with these mvps is too strong to have very often, certainly never more than once a year. We want to build up a bigger group of events so its not the same one running over and over again like the Golden Dragon Helm event did for years.

#63 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:45 PM

Its not like existing Gioia cards lose their effect. It is just as good as it was before. qq moar. Clearly it still sells for a lot. Not like it really hurt the value.

#64 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:46 PM

Can I ask? Where is my Rune Knight's Rune Stone Improvement? It should be tomorrow. Thank you :)

#65 7998130703082605240

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

If you're asking if I regret putting it in; No. without a willingness to try new events structures, encounters, and rewards the seasonal events get pretty routine. We want to be able to appeal to every play style that players have with this game. Anniversary was a community focused event that focused on community involvement. With TLAPD we tried hard to promote group play with a reward system and encounters designed around a whole groups jumping into the instances. Christmas Lab is an attempt to appeal to those users interested in the trying out new/rare MVPs that the game has to offer, or those who just like fighting bosses. In 2019 were planning on doing more varied events such as our currently being scripted Valentines event which has a much more in depth player making their own story/relationship element to it. Hopefully one such event can include an iRO event dungeon.

Ultimately since we got more event creation support for the next year were going to use it to try new things hopefully some fun to the server. We certainly hope that players enjoy the events but it is possible that some users won't. Which is why it is important to give constructive feedback. This particular event with these mvps is too strong to have very often, certainly never more than once a year. We want to build up a bigger group of events so its not the same one running over and over again like the Golden Dragon Helm event did for years.

All feedback are important.

You obvious have no idea how the WOE players felt. How much time and effort we need to attend to every woe & the amount of WP spent to upgrade ourselves to stay competitive. Do you know how hard it is to clock yourself & keep up to every 8 hours of Guild dungeon MVP spawn, consistently for year.. Your events are great, but putting Guild dungeon mvp out there, felt like a big slap across our face. It felt very sad & disrespectful to the woe players.. one event, killed our hard work & effort, most importantly killed the will to stay competitive. people cant even stay serious to this game anymore, not without doubting the next event will screw them over..

I don't blame you for not being able to fit in our shoes & feel how the PVP/WOE players felt. After all it is hard to have a vision from all aspect of players.

also i'm sorry to say this.. the events are not attracting more numbers of players, nor does it revive any much # of old players..

It sure killed the WOE entirely for couples of weeks. I doubt the WOE will become playful & active after the events either..

#66 8494140805110025600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:01 PM

Gosh, woe is closed now for event woe. Technically the GM team owns the castle and can do whatever they wish with it. 

As a pvm player, I'm stoked about having Gioia here, and it would be very disappointing for it to be removed, knowing that it's arguebly the most valueble card in the game right now.

#67 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:05 PM

Can I ask? Where is my Rune Knight's Rune Stone Improvement? It should be tomorrow. Thank you :)

Renewal FAQ Friday

12/21/2018

Campitor: 

Good Afternoon everyone, I wanted to talk about two subjects today.

1. We won't be getting the Rune Knight/Mado Gear balance patch next week. Unfortunately while the studio was reviewing the data they discovered that it needed more QA time than we have remaining in the year. So instead the plan to shifting to do all the class balance patches in a single big update. Instead we will be testing and implementing a missing card update to the game. The cards will be the 14.3 cards.

This also means that I have to pay the penalty and eat a hat. In January I will be making a Apple of Archer hat out of well, an apple, pretzel sticks, and candy. We will document me wearing it during the day and then me eating the hat. I may take part in a live stream when this is going on.

Edited by IgnotusCarl, 26 December 2018 - 10:05 PM.

#68 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

As pvm person i have fun with gioia here even when i not get card i happy by kill it

#69 7998130703082605240

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

@.@ not everyone are equal in this event if you able to killed MVP inside the event? So it's not harmful to increase the number of MVP card in game. Maybe for long long feature, there was gioia card MVP combo ocp c ome out, if the card hoarder is less, then the ocp will become less demand. Besides that, in every game we need to accept the reality, which is the number of item in game will only increase, because player always farming it. So maybe some guild feel like their efforts was ruin by this event, but actually their guild members also get 2nd 3rd gioia card. So the situation is actually fair. :T if you are serious with the game, why not you monopoly the card by buying all Gioia card in market with double or even triple the price. Simply quit the game is not responsible, and not take serious in the game. If you all feel tire in iRO and feel boring, switch from pvm and woe to community's event such as art contest .

You can not simply monopoly the Card, now that it is already being duped on black market..

They have their eye on the card for a very long time.. waiting for this event to happen so they can get their hand on the card.. 

Its ruined.

#70 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:21 PM

PvM players wont know how it feels until MvP cards are in cash shop  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Note, I dont even farm Giaio. I dont have that kind of dedication rolf

#71 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:23 PM

Seeing that the drama is ongoing,

Further drama stirring attempts past this point will not be tolerated. Any attempts will result in account suspension without notice.

Constructive feedback is always welcome on the other hand..

Some posts had to go.

#72 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:24 PM

I honestly thought this was a great event. It's crazy how people will bandwagon by losing an "exclusive". I got zero cards from summoner but I really enjoyed being able to fight desirable mvps all the time. 

#73 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

just make those intance mobs can be handle by average players im not asking doing it TOO EASY , your event is for RICH and MAX LEVEL players , your expecting us that all players are strong enough or always has a party (like in RE:start)in this game thats why you put this kind of ridiculous difficulty , i hope you hear me this ...

#74 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:32 PM

fwiw all their event quests in the past have been brain dead easy with no reward.

At least they made events more interesting in 2018.

#75 bobbyphua

bobbyphua

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:35 PM

My opinion is that Gioia should be more available in game, especially this event i think its a great way to let those not able to farm or camp guild dungeon MVPs have chance to get the card.

I'm happy that Gioia is out in the christmas clab, dont think monopoly of one card is healthy for the server too.

Those that really farm hard/lucky much gets the card that they really wants. I think its meritocracy and its fair for everyone. 

It's not like its a guaranteed drop when u kill Gioia, just that you have a higher chance to get a card that is rare but you still have to work hard for it.

Don't think it makes a big difference, only for the person who originally owned Gioia card before event will feel that pain.

Anyways still its just a game we all enjoy and lets just play the game and enjoy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users