Did you know; cards are stealable from monsters? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Did you know; cards are stealable from monsters?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 BossKi91

BossKi91

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter:ParadoxTiger91
  • LocationWhere there's a pun; I'm just a smile away~*
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

One time on a different server, I ganked an emperium off a shining plant, which is the same drop rate as cards,

so therefore in conclusion, it is possible to steal cards from monsters, really;

there's a slim chance, in fact, mebe-; if you'r' lucky, like meh; just a glorification of the Rogue Build... meheheheheh...

#2 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:24 PM

It doesn’t

#3 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

https://forums.warpp...-actually-work/

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

cards are unsteallabe on the code.

#5 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

The way Steal and Gank work is that they dismiss the item in the (I believe) 8th slot on the monster's drop table, more specifically, the last slot which is where all cards are usually assigned to, so 99.9% of all monsters cannot have their cards stolen. However, some monsters, very, very, very few, have their cards in random slots due to error or incompetence on the part of whoever set up their loot table years ago. As a result, there are a few cards which you are able to steal. It's really damned rare, mind you, but it is possible with a very select few of them. I, for one, can attest to being able to gank Mi Gao Cards in the past as when I was leveling my rogue pre-renewal I'd gank one once in a blue moon. No clue as to if they ever fixed it, but, given the uselessness of the card, I doubt it.

Come to think of it, I wonder if any of the newer instanced monsters have their loot tables messed up like that? Not that I would try, could take thousands of hours to steal one even if it they are, but it's something to muse over.

Edited by ClickClickClick, 29 December 2018 - 07:06 PM.

#6 BossKi91

BossKi91

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:31 PM

the more dex you gat, the more likely to steal lower % loots from monsters :3 hence cards are stealable, just not very likely |:3 

#7 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

the more dex you gat, the more likely to steal lower % loots from monsters :3 hence cards are stealable, just not very likely |:3

Lol I'm done

#8 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:46 PM

Please refrain from spreading misinformation on forums.

Cards cannot be stolen.

#9 BossKi91

BossKi91

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

can 2-...

b. Gank

Quote:
Automatically cast steal skill by chance while fighting. Skill level of Steal and Gank affect on the chance of stealing items from monsters.

This is the most fun skill for PvM Rogue because this helps a Rogue to get some extra pocket money with no extra cost. Sometimes you can even gank rares (s.glove!!!!) and cards. However this skill only works with daggers. The maximum chance for this skill 20% it is the chance for you to activate your steal skill. So if you only have level 2 steal , each successful gank will only cast a level 2 steal. And each successful gank will use the steal formula listed above.

http://yamaki2.blogs...acle-guide.html

steal is dependent on dex, and the higher the level the easier to steal rarer loots that are lower drop rates, such as 0,01% even cards which are 0.03% :3 making every gankers' dream a l'ving it up fantasy paradise; you all know what I mean |:3

anywho, just throwing that out there: cards are steal-able, there is no code stating that a position on the table determines whether that is or not, that would make the game much to complicated, its just a matter of dex, and level of steal and gank; simple-.

[:'3 the superstitions are false but the rumors are true; if that makes it any clearer ]:3

I'm done with these theories and stipulations, its obvious that these ppl clearly don't know how to gank properly(like maybe they were missing some of the points on gank or steal or dex), which made it impossible for them to actually steal any rare(s) or card(s),

my proposition is henceforth /sustained, /w adequate proof handy. so there we go /:D(sad laughter)

just so everyone's up to speed; the true misinformation is that cards are un-steal-able; (lol; ;), and that's irony for you, I'm done talking now.:3

Edited by BossKi91, 03 February 2019 - 02:52 PM.

#10 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:27 PM

wtf

#11 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

Please refrain from spreading misinformation on forums.

Cards cannot be stolen.

I'm leaving this topic with this reminder and locking the thread.

Also, more dex does not make stealing rare items more common. It simply allows the chance of steal's success for any item on the monster's loot table. Chances for item steals, to my knowledge, are solely based on the monster's drop rates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users