Concerning dupes and item deletion - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Concerning dupes and item deletion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#1 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLas Pinas: Philippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Emeralds

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:47 AM

Like wtf? When I left my account online to eat my new years dinner. When I came back to my account it automatically log out and when I return, I lost my Catherine Von Blood[1]. I got 800M back from my vending account which is the money i used to buy the Von Blood, But I also lost my +9 Vanagrand which I also used to trade for the Von Blood [800M+ 9Vanagrand for the von blood]. 

So I lost my Catherine Von Blood[1] that I bought and the +9 Vanagrand

Come on its New Year and lost my items already. Pls Help

Edited by Kritzkingvoid, 31 December 2018 - 07:49 AM.

#2 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:54 AM

Most likely the Catherine Von Blood is dupe. Thus, GM had taken it away & refund your 800M. Not sure about your Vanargand Helm as it may be dupe as well if you bought it maybe long ago from another seller (which potentially could be duper too).

#3 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:58 AM

Most likely the Catherine Von Blood is dupe. Thus, GM had taken it away & refund your 800M. Not sure about your Vanargand Helm as it may be dupe as well if you bought it maybe long ago from another seller (which potentially could be duper too).

I was wondering if my items were duped because of the roll back. Which sucks

Can they also refund the zeny for my +9 Vanagrand? I bought it like 3/2 months ago for 1.2B zeny (I cant afford to lose this one)

Edited by Kritzkingvoid, 31 December 2018 - 08:02 AM.

#4 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:04 AM

I was wondering if my items were duped because of the roll back. Which sucks

Can they also refund the zeny for my +9 Vanagrand? I bought it like 3/2 months ago for 1.2B zeny (I cant afford to lose this one)

Send in a ticket to WP & let the support team handle for you. Best if you have evidence of the purchase made (Like SS or vid record).

#5 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:11 AM

Send in a ticket to WP & let the support team handle for you. Best if you have evidence of the purchase made (Like SS or vid record).

Yeah, unfortunately I dont have any pictures or videos (I can't expect that my vana was duped) I didn't know duping was even possible

#6 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, unfortunately I dont have any pictures or videos (I can't expect that my vana was duped) I didn't know duping was even possible

It's getting out of hand atm & GMs are trying their best to track it down. I won't be surprised if suddenly some of my items/consumables go missing. I always stocked piled my supplies & everyday I check to make sure the quantity is there or else I know what happens next.  :heh:

#7 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:22 AM

Well I just hope my vana is atleast refunded. It took 7months to farm for it. Best wishes for the staff, kinda wished it didnt happened this New year. Also kinda wish their was atleast a warning what happened and not just putting me in a empty login screen with no message

Edited by Kritzkingvoid, 31 December 2018 - 08:24 AM.

#8 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:16 AM

If you buy it in game with zeny, send the ticket. And you will get your zeny back.[Snip]

Edited by VModCoconut, 31 December 2018 - 11:16 AM.
not needed

#9 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:44 AM

common courtesy on behalf of the gm team should be expected in cases like this.

...lets see how big i have to make this, because this guy's cause for ranting is also one of the things that pisses me off too.

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO EMAIL THE GM TEAM WHEN A DUPED ITEM GETS REMOVED FROM OUR ACCOUNTS JUST TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR GEAR. YOU SHOULD BE THE ONES EMAILING US TO LET US KNOW WHAT WE LOST/WHAT WAS REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 NGNLsora

NGNLsora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:03 AM

They expected us to remember every little stuff we bought from other player/vendor. I can't even remember what I have for my dinner yesterday . SMH .

#11 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:28 AM

Hello,

I would like to know if the GM team is working on a solution or workaround for the duping problem?

How can it be possible that items go missing and there is no heads up, there is no explanation as to what is missing and how can I be sure that in the future when I buy something it will not be duped, or rmt, or "compromised"?

Why would I farm to buy stuff when they might disappear and I have to spend time writing up a ticket, etc?

GMs, Am I expected to send in a ticket everytime I buy something? Even if it is consumables? How can I be sure that my hard earned real money is being taken care of when I sell ocp items from the boxes i get and then use that same zeny to buy stuff I need?

This is a big issue! How do other games handle rmt, gold farmers, dupers, etc?

GMs, what are your plans to tackle this in 2019?

#12 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:31 AM

Humans don't have perfect memory.

System log does.

Why is it so hard? 

#13 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:53 AM

Humans don't have perfect memory.

System log does.

Why is it so hard? 

Humans have something called laziness you know

#14 ChainsOfHeaven

ChainsOfHeaven

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 80 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:00 PM

Being lazy would cause you to have less to remember. Some people just do not have the capacity to remember things that are not impactful.

#15 Stormblitz

Stormblitz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

Aaand it just happened. My +15 WDE just disappeared. Good thing I have a SS with the trade. Still...Wth.

#16 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

...lets see how big i have to make this, because this guy's cause for ranting is also one of the things that pisses me off too.

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO EMAIL THE GM TEAM WHEN A DUPED ITEM GETS REMOVED FROM OUR ACCOUNTS JUST TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR GEAR. YOU SHOULD BE THE ONES EMAILING US TO LET US KNOW WHAT WE LOST/WHAT WAS REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

+1

Also, if you find someone who is doing the duping, you should nuke the crap out of their account. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 31 December 2018 - 01:01 PM.

#18 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

So WP, what's the ETA on those?

• Not being afraid to log in to some missing items?
  • Fixing duping?
  • Being able to trade with other players without questioning every single item in the game?
  • Not being punished for the behavior of others?
  • Being treated with respect?
  • Telling us what the hell is going on?

Just curious.

Nothing good will come out of this. I mean seriously, refunds? What's the point? Allow us to go buy another item that may or may not be deleted?

Completely ridiculous. Are the duping issues even fixed? Cause that should be the first step.

I will reiterate, just leave all that stuff as is. They've been circulating for far too long to be removable without causing a massive -_-storm of angry/afraid/betrayed players.

Grind the dupers into fine paste and ban them for the next ten generations, but leave everyone else alone.

Edited by Ilindith, 31 December 2018 - 01:07 PM.

#19 LeoManzo84

LeoManzo84

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:30 PM

Just take care of any transaction that you made, with SS or recording.
Me personally I won't stop farming zenny to buy my 1B gear for mi Genecist... so duppers can still dupe, doesn't change nothing for me.

Edited by LeoManzo84, 31 December 2018 - 01:33 PM.

#20 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:56 PM

I just hope they mail you somethin in your rodex if your items got deleted like, “Good day, we are removing your abyss dress in your inventory as it’s been suspected as a dupe item and we are investigating it”

#21 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

I got logged out after dying about 3 times  since 3 am. So there was definetely something happening. I hope nobody lost out on anythign super expensive or crucial T.T

#22 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:14 PM

I'm still confused how they manage to track as many as they do, but still apparently don't know how it's done or how to stop it. If they've tracked so many to the source, should be at least some clues as to what's going on. x-x

#23 ChainsOfHeaven

ChainsOfHeaven

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 80 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:19 PM

It's probably easy if they dupe has the same ID as something else in the DB. They can just mass delete it if that's the case.

#24 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:01 PM

So WP, what's the ETA on those?

• Not being afraid to log in to some missing items?
  • Fixing duping?
  • Being able to trade with other players without questioning every single item in the game?
  • Not being punished for the behavior of others?
  • Being treated with respect?
  • Telling us what the hell is going on?

Just curious.

Nothing good will come out of this. I mean seriously, refunds? What's the point? Allow us to go buy another item that may or may not be deleted?

Completely ridiculous. Are the duping issues even fixed? Cause that should be the first step.

I will reiterate, just leave all that stuff as is. They've been circulating for far too long to be removable without causing a massive -_-storm of angry/afraid/betrayed players.

Grind the dupers into fine paste and ban them for the next ten generations, but leave everyone else alone.

Campitor's answer would be: We have no plan for this atm. enjoy ur suffering

#25 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

TBH, the duping issue is similar like bot issue. It's not entirely WP fault, it's the game structure itself that gave some players the access to bot/dupe. While WP/GM team can continuously crack down these bot/dupe accs/players, many would still continue to do it as long as "the main base" is still actively available. Similar to most games have cheats & usually it's kind of bug that made it happen. Thus, the many programmes that gave "base" to these issues.

This is part of ways to make money "illegally", as the term of law stats. An example would be anti-virus software. They planted the viruses before creating the anti-virus software for money-making profit as secondary. This is somewhat "legal" in the law but in actuality, they created it. These are done by programmers from the famous IT companies.

Honestly if there isn't much about bot/dupe issues, WP/GM team would made more progress in-game contents for players.  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users