Concerning dupes and item deletion - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Concerning dupes and item deletion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#76 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

Wow.  Just took a screenshot of my VGH I paid a billion for in case I log in to find it stripped from my account with no warning because of this thread

Well, as long as I get the money I paid for it back, I guess it wouldn't be that big of deal

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 11 January 2019 - 12:30 PM.

#77 nyepoy

nyepoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

Yes, because it concerns your account status we cannot discuss this thoroughly on forums, so I'd advise that you bring this up to Campitor in private to see what happened there.

I cannot speak for the GM team, but as said, they normally PM the user to prepare to log out.

I did already after I replied on your first quote. Thanks for the advise ^_^

#78 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Same -_- different day!!!!!

Happened again to me again just 3 hours ago for the 11th time, and submitted my 11th ticket regarding lost zeny and items.

I get the issue of dupe/ill-mannered items floating around the server, but the worst part is when you are not giving any heads up on what are they gonna removed and why. It's hard to remember what is missing especially those players who has no track or records on what exactly they have ie; zeny,gears, consumables.

Here is what happened to me, I was in front of my computer when it happened, I was on a pub on eden 1st floor and having a look on other players for sale items. And suddenly someone logged in on my account. I tried to relog a lot of times and it keeps on saying my id and password has not been recognized. I put my password slower than my usual speed. I know I'm not mistaken but still unrecognized, went to WP site change my password and I found out my old password is not even working. I tried to forgot password and I did change to a new one, I'm ready to log in, but server still recognizes me meaning I am still online, tried to Pm myself using alt character but I'm offline and server still recognizes my account. Did it for a lot more times still the same, went back to WP website forgot my password again, created a new one but still recognizes my account. After a few tries it went through and found myself in Prontera along with other characters and lost zeny. I knew it was them "GM's " because this happened to me not just once, but a lot of times. Do you really have to do that just for us not to interrupt on what you have to do on our account? Seriously??????? It is my account not yours, whoever has the right to log it in is me not even anyone of you.. How Ironic is this reminder? Gm team will never ask for your username and password..For us to feel safe and secure?  But then if there is something that needs to be remove on someone's account, you are the one who has the right to do it? And the owner obviously will worry on what is going on.  :ani_swt:  :ani_swt:  :ani_swt:

This dupe or ill mannered issue has gone so bad, mishandled bigtime! And here we are trying to submit a ticket for us to find out what is missing and what needs to be done. Very clever  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

My question for you WP Support Team or GM Team is this;

How hard is it for you to send a Pm or a rodex or an email telling us what has to be done in our accounts?

Is it hard for you to give us a heads up on what and why an item has to be remove?

Is it hard to Pm us, most of the time people are afk, that is why we have rodex right?

If you were on our shoes you will not be happy as well I guarantee that. No one knows or has any idea that they are holding or selling or bought an ill-mannered item there is no way for us to find out unless you kill the root on all of this. Everyone knows it's not that easy, but at least have some courtesy to inform us that you have to do something on our account like removing stuff or zeny. We might not remember what or how much you have taken from us, it's hard to guess. 

Have some respect and consideration.. Thanks

There is a term for this; i think its called "Communism"

The GM's/WP don't give two  :p_sleep:  :p_sleep: on how they go about fixing this problem respectfully; in a well mannered way. They want to get things fixed, regardless on how it effects that person; innocent or not.

Whoomp Whoomp!

Edited by abui951, 11 January 2019 - 02:20 PM.

#79 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

I just realized now that my Imperial Boots is missing.
I have a screenshot of my RG wearing it.
Is this enough for me to get my money back?
I don't have a screenshot of the purchase nor a video of it.

I strongly agree on the complete disregard of the importance of notification.

what were GMs thinking when they decided to just delete everything and not tell the affected players??!

Edited by awesomegeek, 11 January 2019 - 02:49 PM.

#80 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:04 PM

Logging into somebody's account without telling sounds really fishy.

Is there any possibility that a GM is abusing one's authority and giving/selling gears or zeny to one's friend or some sort?

#81 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

I just realized now that my Imperial Boots is missing.
I have a screenshot of my RG wearing it.
Is this enough for me to get my money back?
I don't have a screenshot of the purchase nor a video of it.

I strongly agree on the complete disregard of the importance of notification.
what were GMs thinking when they decided to just delete everything and not tell the affected players??!

If it was removed due to e.g dupe issue..then you should have gotten your Zeny/items back that were part of the purcahse. If not then you need to ticket in and see what's up. Honestly, you do not need to provide proof of purchase in these cases, there are really specific incidents were it might be required.

Logging into somebody's account without telling sounds really fishy.
Is there any possibility that a GM is abusing one's authority and giving/selling gears or zeny to one's friend or some sort?

The user was advised to PM the staff about that incident and see what went wrong.
But to answer you, no, their actions are logged and audited so that's not possible. Kindly do not accuse the staff in that manner >.<

That's said, I have brought this to head of GM staff attention.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 January 2019 - 03:42 PM.

#82 gkelly

gkelly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

Imagine you get a super lucky refine on a item or a super lucky enchant upgrade on your bio5 hat, and the mats were duped...

#83 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

But to answer you, no, their actions are logged and audited so that's not possible. Kindly do not accuse the staff in that manner >.<

Well, it did happened in jRO while ago though.

#84 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

I did already after I replied on your first quote. Thanks for the advise ^_^

Please check your private messenger for further instructions on the matter.

#85 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

The user was advised to PM the staff about that incident and see what went wrong.

Yeah, i feel a public apology is needed from the GM staff.

They are breaking our trust and faith, in doing things like that; without noitfying 1-2 days head of time.

It's like the goverment, kicking down your house door, in order to find your immigranet parents and to deport them.

Who do they think they are, Mark Muckerberg [Aka: Facebook]? or Trump?

Edited by abui951, 11 January 2019 - 03:44 PM.

#86 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:32 PM

I think players do not appreciate the lack of notification when duped items are deleted.

So I think Cinnamon this is the issue you should pass on to the GM team to see if there is anything they can do about it.

#87 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

Thank you.

I believe that there should be a sort of a notice, if possible, post GM action.

Will pass this to the GM team, I cannot promise anything though!

#88 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

If it was removed due to e.g dupe issue..then you should have gotten your Zeny/items back that were part of the purcahse. If not then you need to ticket in and see what's up. Honestly, you do not need to provide proof of purchase in these cases, there are really specific incidents were it might be required.

I tried submitting a ticket twice but keeps failing.

#89 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

They have always removed stuff without notice. This is why I submitted my 13 tickets. 12/13 are fully verified now, 1 more to go.

By taking the verification to them, you have the ability to talk and discuss if there are any issues.

If you sit and assume your stuff is fine, then at that point you have to take the -_- that comes with that approach.

So yeah, get your stuff verified. Also ignore the 3 items rule, I did anywhere from 5 to 10 per ticket. It's stupid to assume 3 items per ticket is a good thing, there system would be floooooooooooooded.

#90 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

Thank you for trying Cinnamon :)

#91 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

I tried submitting a ticket twice but keeps failing.

Check how to send a ticket guide in my signature, it should cover support errors.

#92 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Asdf, let's keep troll postings out of this thread please :)

Couple posts removed.

#93 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

They have always removed stuff without notice. This is why I submitted my 13 tickets. 12/13 are fully verified now, 1 more to go.

By taking the verification to them, you have the ability to talk and discuss if there are any issues.

If you sit and assume your stuff is fine, then at that point you have to take the -_- that comes with that approach.

So yeah, get your stuff verified. Also ignore the 3 items rule, I did anywhere from 5 to 10 per ticket. It's stupid to assume 3 items per ticket is a good thing, there system would be floooooooooooooded.

Bought a few things recently and sent a ticket yesterday with five items and received a reply this morning where one was verified and for the other four was told "For the other items please send separate tickets for each item " which is ridiculous. I'm going out of my way to try and safeguard my account and being made to jump though extra hoops is very troubling. So at the moment maybe don't submit the five to ten items per ticket as apparently they won't work the ticket.

#94 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

what really happened in jRO?

#95 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

Check how to send a ticket guide in my signature, it should cover support errors.

still keeps failing. I even changed my password and re did everything.

#96 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

still keeps failing. I even changed my password and re did everything.

Please make sure to check the Notes section of the guide.

#97 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

Bought a few things recently and sent a ticket yesterday with five items and received a reply this morning where one was verified and for the other four was told "For the other items please send separate tickets for each item " which is ridiculous. I'm going out of my way to try and safeguard my account and being made to jump though extra hoops is very troubling. So at the moment maybe don't submit the five to ten items per ticket as apparently they won't work the ticket.

Odd, I guess it comes down to who deals with your ticket.

#98 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

I've been avoiding buying things to avoid these sort of issues (dupes, headace, tickets and incompetence GMs).

Heck why even continue to play a game where buying or selling an item is such a waste of time.

k bye

#99 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

Can I get that ticket number? They should be applying the same standard to everyone.

To be clear if you are online they should be PMing you before they kick you off. Generally they will PM, give you a few minutes to respond then try again. If there is no response then they will kick the character and do the actions they need to do. 

Every action that the GMs take is logged and notation made. If the notation doesn't match the logs then we have long talks with the GM who did the actions. We will make sure everyone's feedback is forwarded over this matter. I do know that the GM team is currently preparing to start another training cycle so it sounds like its a good subject to get everyone caught up on.

#100 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

We have protections in place to make sure that if this does happen we detect it and take corrective action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users