Concerning dupes and item deletion - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Concerning dupes and item deletion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#101 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:17 PM

Logging into somebody's account without telling sounds really fishy.

Is there any possibility that a GM is abusing one's authority and giving/selling gears or zeny to one's friend or some sort?

No, this isn't a private server lol

#102 nyepoy

nyepoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

Please check your private messenger for further instructions on the matter.

Replied VMod..

Thanks

#103 nyepoy

nyepoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:16 PM

I think players do not appreciate the lack of notification when duped items are deleted.

So I think Cinnamon this is the issue you should pass on to the GM team to see if there is anything they can do about it.

Exactly Bro.. 

No one will tolerate dupe or ill mannered items, no one wants to have those stuff in your inventory.

It's just the way they handled removing items or zeny's in game.. Just a head's up and have some courtesy to advise players on what needs to be done with this kind of issue.

#104 nyepoy

nyepoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Thank you.

I believe that there should be a sort of a notice, if possible, post GM action.

Will pass this to the GM team, I cannot promise anything though!

+1 for trying VMod

I'm Hoping...

#105 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

From my experience, GM will pm and ask you to log out your Acc first if you still online.

#106 nyepoy

nyepoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

They have always removed stuff without notice. This is why I submitted my 13 tickets. 12/13 are fully verified now, 1 more to go.

By taking the verification to them, you have the ability to talk and discuss if there are any issues.

If you sit and assume your stuff is fine, then at that point you have to take the -_- that comes with that approach.

So yeah, get your stuff verified. Also ignore the 3 items rule, I did anywhere from 5 to 10 per ticket. It's stupid to assume 3 items per ticket is a good thing, there system would be floooooooooooooded.

That's the whole point bro, will you just accept the fact that they will just remove anything from you without giving any notice?

Is it us who have the responsibility to keep the game safe for everyone? Every transaction submit a ticket? Every item get it verified? 

How hard it is to Pm or much better send a Rodex for transparency? 

Submitting tickets? Yes, done that a lot. As a trader in game I am not talking about 20-30 items getting verified, I'm not worried about my personal gears they are all verified. 

This is all about what you sell and what you buy, with all the dupe items floating around the server I might end up submitting 10-20 tickets a day as a buyer/seller. That is not convenient right? 

I think with the issues right now, no one will sit and assume their stuff is fine.

My point is everyone wants to be more convenient and play at ease not worrying about stuff getting removed, buying and selling stuff with confidence. Not worrying about it might be illegal, it might be duped. This game is built for fun not for worries.

I agree with the 5-10 per ticket but it will take some time for them to get it done. It's possible

But with the issues on submitting a ticket regarding dupe issues. It needs to be one ticket per item or issue.

#107 nyepoy

nyepoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

From my experience, GM will pm and ask you to log out your Acc first if you still online.

I have experienced this twice, but not my last one which is just 2 days ago.

Another issue is I can't log it in while they are on to it. I was worried so I have to change password 3 times even forgot password twice. If i received a Pm then changing a password won't be necessary.

Edited by nyepoy, 11 January 2019 - 10:46 PM.

#108 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:54 PM

Actually had my account logged yesterday afternoon without warning (1-11-19) at about 3:30-3:45 PM CST. I was online and afk on this computer so i could log another computer in another room and set vends, and when i came back my gen account had been logged and the password changed. No PM, no warning. I just came back into my room and found it logged out forcefully w/ nno message. The night before, i had sent in a ticket to get my mvp's from the card drop event verified all at once so I figured this might be in relation to that...except i've had mvp's verified lots of times and never had my accounts logged without warning. They're able to do that without logging your accounts. Anyway, i went to check to see if there was an email about the cards and there was, except the timestamp was for 1:xx AM CST.

I was already in breakmode/IRL cooldown from all the mvp'ing, and i had already xferred my gears back and nothing new had been shifted over to or purchased by that account. So why would a GM log my account almost half a day later and change my password without warning for no reason?

#109 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:03 PM

I haven't ticketed or verify anything but got logged out by GM lol..  :hmm:  :heh:

Edited by PIayboy, 11 January 2019 - 11:04 PM.

#110 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

I have experienced this twice, but not my last one which is just 2 days ago.

Another issue is I can't log it in while they are on to it. I was worried so I have to change password 3 times even forgot password twice. If i received a Pm then changing a password won't be necessary.

So again, base on my experience, once they log in your Acc, they have to change the password and after they finish everything with your Ac, they will change it back to the original one you use.

#111 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:09 PM

So again, base on my experience, once they log in your Acc, they have to change the password and after they finish everything with your Ac, they will change it back to the original one you use.

except they never do. i've had my pw changed about 5-6 times, and every single time i've had to manually log back into WP and change it back. but since i dont know what PW they changed it to, i have to take the difficult route and request the 'forgot pw' option and have them send me a link since i dont know it. and this is the part that irritates me the most... having to go through that extra option just because its not listed on the direct WP page.

Edited by Fuuton, 11 January 2019 - 11:09 PM.

#112 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:21 PM

except they never do. i've had my pw changed about 5-6 times, and every single time i've had to manually log back into WP and change it back. but since i dont know what PW they changed it to, i have to take the difficult route and request the 'forgot pw' option and have them send me a link since i dont know it. and this is the part that irritates me the most... having to go through that extra option just because its not listed on the direct WP page.

.... interesting, people get so different experience with GM.
But honestly when I read a lot of people’s comments about GM in a bad way, I feel so lucky that I have never experienced that.

Before I have sold and bought a lot of mvp cards, or ticket them asking to verify things in my inventory. They did the same way every time. They are trustable (for me).

Edited by GustoZ, 13 January 2019 - 11:34 AM.

#113 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

I have had mixed issues with the gm team.

There have been times where they were helpful, others it took a lot of effort and others were a lost cause.

I have had a few occasions where my password was changed but never changed back.

That's the whole point bro, will you just accept the fact that they will just remove anything from you without giving any notice?

Is it us who have the responsibility to keep the game safe for everyone? Every transaction submit a ticket? Every item get it verified? 

How hard it is to Pm or much better send a Rodex for transparency? 

Submitting tickets? Yes, done that a lot. As a trader in game I am not talking about 20-30 items getting verified, I'm not worried about my personal gears they are all verified. 

This is all about what you sell and what you buy, with all the dupe items floating around the server I might end up submitting 10-20 tickets a day as a buyer/seller. That is not convenient right? 

I think with the issues right now, no one will sit and assume their stuff is fine.

My point is everyone wants to be more convenient and play at ease not worrying about stuff getting removed, buying and selling stuff with confidence. Not worrying about it might be illegal, it might be duped. This game is built for fun not for worries.

I agree with the 5-10 per ticket but it will take some time for them to get it done. It's possible

But with the issues on submitting a ticket regarding dupe issues. It needs to be one ticket per item or issue.

Selling items shouldn't be an issue if they were self found, since then you know where it come from, however if you flip often then yeah, you got issues then.

Ultimately if they could fix the duping it would be great, but sadly they haven't done anything yet.

I can't really offer advice for people who flip, since it is truly a gamble in this day and age and the volume of buy and sell is too much for a ticket system IMO.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 11 January 2019 - 11:29 PM.

#114 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:29 PM

I may've not dropped many cards this event but I think my luck with GM has been amazing. They are always competent about item-related issues i.e. MvP trade, etc. They always solved problems less than 1-2 days i.e reply within 12 hrs, then solve the problems within 12 - 36 hrs.  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

I've noticed some of my expensive items have gone missing but I'm too lazy to submit the ticket. Not that I remember information needed (i.e I've bought over 10+ Imperial Feathers, 10+ Imperial Boots, etc) for GM to investigate, anyway rolf

Edited by nyyaan, 11 January 2019 - 11:31 PM.

#115 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:43 AM

never ever, in any GM thing i had wich they logged in my account, they changed the PW back to the original :/

but for the most part they've all been very helpfull, except like 1 or 2 cases tops.
Ah and the times when i send all the relevant info in the first ticket only to have them reply asking for exactly that again(copy+paste response pretty much) is quite triggering.

#116 nyepoy

nyepoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:44 AM

I think we are getting a bit out of topic here, it is not about trust issues with the GM team or WP support team or how they handle your own concern like item verification or GM trades.

It clearly says on the topic Concerning Dupes and Item Deletion.

They have been very helpful in so many different ways, no matter how long it will take them they will surely make something happen in regards for compensating a player who lost something either zeny or items.

What I am asking for or might be everyone will ask for is, if an item needs to be removed have some courtesy to inform the player via email or rodex ie; You acquired an ill mannered item we have to remove your Imperial Feather for this is an illegal item, please submit a ticket how do you acquire the item so we can investigate further and proper adjustment will take place.

For me it's not hard, or maybe it's just me.

Because in my experience they won't Pm you if you have an ill-mannered item they will remove it because it's illegal without any notice.

In regards with trade reversal, based on one of my experience, they will PM you and ask you to log out, but if you ask for any detail they won't disclose it in game, they will ask you to submit a ticket to find out what is missing and why is it missing. What exactly happen to me back in November was, a GM asked me to log out when I asked why he said he will do a trade reversal, I asked if they will get me back my zeny the GM said he can't share information in game. Obviously I am expecting something in favor of me, 2 minutes after that I logged in again and I found out I lost 1.2B and a BSG GS.

And this is the time you have to submit a ticket to find out why and explain to them how you acquired it. It is not easy to track back how you acquired an item from other players from trades or deals.

So my point is, if they can share some information in regards of an item removal then there will be no frustrations from players who lost their items if they were informed in the first place and issues will be handled easy.

Good on you for everyone who doesn't lost an item and never experienced this kind of issue before.

We all do have different experiences how they handle our own issues in game, I guess it's case to case basis. 

I had like 11 tickets submitted since November last year, last one was resolved just after New Year. Even though it took them a while to resolve each one of them. Still I am very thankful every time and appreciated their help, time, effort and patience.

I hope they can do something about this duping issue and bring back the confidence for all their loyal players all around the globe.

Thanks everyone for sharing their concerns, advise and experiences. 

Edited by nyepoy, 13 January 2019 - 12:20 AM.

#117 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

Off topic posts have been removed.

#118 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:24 AM

Yes, let's keep the shenanigans of other servers off these forums please :) It serves as a derail for the moment. Thank you!

#119 AdvancedWPUser

AdvancedWPUser

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:03 PM

Judging by the discussions in this thread, it led me to believe that the GM team are able to identify if an item is duped or not. So, to the GM team. I don't know if this is possible or not, but here's my suggestion. Why not implement a text on the items description that either written as "Verified" or "Duped", so that if someone were to dupe an item there will be a "Duped" text on the item description. That way the players will be able to avoid any unwanted transactions, at least that's the easiest solution that I could think of right now for the GM team.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 January 2019 - 11:09 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed font style, do not use red in line, red/bold for mod notices and warnings.

#120 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:05 PM

lol only if it were that easy

a lot of of times items could be duped and GMs can only tell after extensive investigations

#121 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:07 PM

It's like saying if someone committed a crime his or her forehead would be automatically tattooed the word "criminal" lol

Edited by yauhoilun, 15 January 2019 - 11:08 PM.

#122 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:13 PM

Judging by the discussions in this thread, it led me to believe that the GM team are able to identify if an item is duped or not. So, to the GM team. I don't know if this is possible or not, but here's my suggestion. Why not implement a text on the items description that either written as "Verified" or "Duped", so that if someone were to dupe an item there will be a "Duped" text on the item description. That way the players will be able to avoid any unwanted transactions, at least that's the easiest solution that I could think of right now for the GM team.

Unlikely, but it can be looked into through other means.

#123 AdvancedWPUser

AdvancedWPUser

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:32 PM

It's like saying if someone committed a crime his or her forehead would be automatically tattooed the word "criminal" lol

That's exactly why I've suggested it, it's not real life. It's a video game, so I was hoping that they could code something like that. Oh well, worth a try.

Edited by AdvancedWPUser, 16 January 2019 - 05:09 PM.

#124 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

Well if they could code an autolabel mechanism of duped items then that means they know which items are duped so I don’t see why they don’t just code an auto delete mechanism of these duped items

Of course i am sure it’s easy to say but difficult to execute or duped items would never exist in mmorpg games

Edited by yauhoilun, 16 January 2019 - 12:20 AM.

#125 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:49 AM

not possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users