Is KS allowed now in low TI? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is KS allowed now in low TI?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

Hello GM Team,

Could you explain if you have some special rules for kill steal in low TI, particularly for Rebels?

At least two Rebels KSed the mobs in my low TI run, and it seems very normal for them. Please let me know if I can make a Rebel and KS others in low ti.

P.S: if you want videos,I have recorded at least 3 KSes in only 5 min.

#2 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

Yah, thats pretty normal. Especially with Rebel. They press 1 button and kill everything on their screen. Almost impossible not to KS anyone so its pointless to try not to.

Also KSing is more-or-less an unwritten rule. Its known by many, but there are no articles on it when submitting a report through the ticketing system. Nor are there any articles on their service desk regarding the behavior as ill-mannered. It isn't in their Terms of Service either. The only place it exists (that I have found) is on the forums, but doesn't allude to any kind of definite consequence on the forums or otherwise.

On top of that, KSing has been approved for afk players reflect leveling. Though, frequency and quantity are not clearly defined.

If the game allows it without modification, it should be okay IMO. Video games don't have the same limitations as sports / games IRL. For example, in real life its against the rules to look at your opponent's cards in a game of poker. And if you break that rule there is a penalty. In a video game, they can just make it so you aren't able to see your opponent's hand. Really what I am saying is its the game's fault that KSing is possible, not the players fault for doing it.

I'm not saying it isn't rude. It definitely is. But you are better off flywinging and finding a new mob than dwelling on it, getting upset, and wasting your time with a ticket you will never know pans out.

Edited by Scuba, 06 January 2019 - 10:04 PM.

#3 Newbi001

Newbi001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:04 PM

<w> I do has rebel, ever to ks people, also ever ks by other rebel when I am not on rebel.
But it situational, for example,
1.if your role is, you are afk leveler, then sorry I will is you when I pass through or teleport near your direct, but this action is just because you are not actively playing the game, and too much monster stuck at your low DPs aoe attack, so I just help you kill it to make the monster spawn faster.
2.if you are active player, but I accidentally ksed you, because, yeah we spam the skill when we are moving, and the aoe is 17x17. So sometime we killed your mob out of our screen. Beside that sometime when we pass though your mobbing place, but few monster also spawn near to us, the mob are hitting us, and you know rebel is weak at hp and def, so if we not shoot it, then we will died in front of you, so this may category as accidentally ks, and I am very sorry to this category players.
3. The definition of ks is different each people, the best ks we can see from gene homun lvling, someone parking their gene park at same place with you or very near to you. So the homun are using you unlimited time, so if you figure out a rebel is always following you and ks all your mobbing. Then pls send ticket to complaint this category or kser.
Though just my opinion, so don't know what kind of scenarios you are facing? :sob:

#4 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:34 PM

Yes

It's every man for himself now on iRO

#5 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:13 PM

All right, thanks for your reply guys. As an active player, now I learned some new basic courtesy to follow in game now.

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:45 AM

that's why they are called Rebels

#7 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:48 AM

Regardless, KS is not allowed but you need to observe the situation. Rebel has big AOE so sometime it's impossible not to KS (some are intentional, some are actually not). I used to complaint about KS in Low, Mid TI & Magma Dungeon level 2. However, after playing for nearly 2 years now I understand some courtesy in-game better.

Usually I will just PM the person, asking them not to KS if possible. Usually they will reply. For those did not reply, I will just observe that same Rebel (Sometime may not just be Rebel, it can be Gene, RK, Wiz, etc) if he/she still KS me. Nowadays I do find players have better respect for one another. If those ignored my PM & continue to KS me for let's say continuously 3-4 more times (again, you need to observe if it was intentional or not), then I will start to record & PM that person what I am about to do (usually they will not bother to reply my PM despite my threat to submit ticket to GM). Which this case I would send in the ticket.

Nonetheless, I do not have KS issue for about 1 year now. So it's kinda safe to say most players are unintentional. Sometimes I do accidentally KS others. When I do, I just quickly create a pub stating "Sorry" & they will reply :no1: this to me.

Happy 2019 & enjoy the game anyway.  :heh:

#8 Slothfulness

Slothfulness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

Just wait until they nerf rebel skills lol. 

#9 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:50 PM

Rebels have been ksing us too.  They told our group the GMs said it's okay to kill steal pullers since they're kiting and not actively killing it at that moment.  Oh and "when you see someone you have to kill your mob or else it's FFA"

The absolute state of mental gymnastics.  Rebels are flippin loony

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 07 January 2019 - 10:57 PM.

#10 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:53 PM

Rebels have been ksing us too. They told our group the GMs said it's okay to kill steal pullers since they're kiting and not actively killing it at that moment. Oh and "when you see someone you have to kill your mob or else it's FFA"

The absolute state of mental gymnastics. Rebels are flippin loony

@Campitor, is what the rebel saying true?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users