The servers are dying... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The servers are dying...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#1 PoringJuice9

PoringJuice9

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:19 PM

I came back early last year after a rather lengthy hiatus. At the time, it was common to see 3k or so players on Chaos, even nearing 4k once in awhile. The server was packed with people, the economy was great, everything seemed to be going well.

Now, a year later, I log on and there's barely 1k players.

At first, it was a gradual decrease. It would dip slightly below 3k, then go back. Then it started to go under 2.5k, and eventually 3k disappeared. Just last week, there were about 1,800 people on, and now there are 1,100. What's worse, is that when you account for bots and the fact that roughly 400 of these players are merchants, there are likely less than 500 real humans playing at any given time.

What the hell is going on? We're hemorrhaging players. Something needs to be done. The servers have so many problems that need to be fixed, but all the team cares about is adding new items to make more money. You're not going to make any money if you don't have any players.

I'm here till the bitter end, but the end doesn't look far away. I'm wondering how much longer this server can survive.

Edited by PoringJuice9, 18 January 2019 - 04:23 PM.

#2 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

Hey bud... Because the market stinks... Players (Vets) and staff thought zeny is really circulating thus the game is in good shape... I posted MVP price list here before,  Anyway, im starting playing ROM more often than Chaos...

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Let's try to stay on topic, posts concerning moderation handling must be redirected to any Community Manager. Thank you! :)

Edited by VModCinnamon, 18 January 2019 - 04:34 PM.

#4 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

Now 1100 due to server restart few hours ago

#5 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

again???? why do people keep saying that kind of thing?? I have heard the topic like this since 2009.  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:   

#6 PoringJuice9

PoringJuice9

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

again???? why do people keep saying that kind of thing?? I have heard the topic like this since 2009.  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:   

https://ropd.info/?mode=spop

no, you haven't.

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

Last warning, if there is an issue with a moderation handling to take it up with our Community Managers.

Please, stay on topic :)

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

I came back early last year after a rather lengthy hiatus. At the time, it was common to see 3k or so players on Chaos, even nearing 4k once in awhile. The server was packed with people, the economy was great, everything seemed to be going well.

At first, it was a gradual decrease. It would dip slightly below 3k, then go back. Then it started to go under 2.5k, and eventually 3k disappeared. Just last week, there were about 1,800 people on, and now there are 1,100. What's worse, is that when you account for bots and the fact that roughly 400 of these players are merchants, there are likely less than 500 real humans playing at any given time.

What the hell is going on? We're hemorrhaging players. Something needs to be done. The servers have so many problems that need to be fixed, but all the team cares about is adding new items to make more money. You're not going to make any money if you don't have any players.

I'm here till the bitter end, but the end doesn't look far away. I'm wondering how much longer this server can survive.

Hello!

Currently were working on events to pull users back to the server and have several events lined up for the end of January and Beginning of February. Including the following,

Monster Tokens (This will include a daily redeemable reward that I think players will appreciate)
Lunar Festival - New Year of the Pig Hat
Jump Event - Janeway will be returning to quickly get players up to Gramps ready status. Then there will be an EXP boost until characters are third job ready.
Enriched Hammer

The server will be fine and we will be working to draw users back over the next few months with content, QoL updates, and interesting events.

End of January will bring 39 new cards including all the missing cards from the Hero's Trail updates.
Mid February will be our Valentines day event
End of February will bring the Marriage System Update, Easy Gear Swamp System, Doram Race Update and the Guild Warehouse Update.
April will bring the Party UI update and the Illusion of Frozen Dungeon update which includes the Illusion Dungeon Enchant Systems.
We are also working on our April and March events which are just entering their planning phases.

#9 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

Hello!

Currently were working on events to pull users back to the server and have several events lined up for the end of January and Beginning of February. Including the following,

Monster Tokens (This will include a daily redeemable reward that I think players will appreciate)
Jump Event - Janeway will be returning to quickly get players up to Gramps ready status. Then there will be an EXP boost until characters are third job ready.
Enriched Hammer

The server will be fine and we will be working to draw users back over the next few months with content, QoL updates, and interesting events.

End of January will bring 39 new cards including all the missing cards from the Hero's Trail updates.
End of February will bring the Marriage System Update, Easy Gear Swamp System, Doram Race Update and the Guild Warehouse Update.
April will bring the Party UI update and the Illusion of Frozen Dungeon update which includes the Illusion Dungeon Enchant Systems.
We are also working on our April and March events which are just entering their planning phases.

Looking forward to janeway, easy swap system, guild storage system, new cards!
Hope we can get job skill update soon
I feel the population drop is mainly due to the regional block to SEA and euro players. But i could be overly optimistic tho

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Looking forward to janeway, easy swap system, guild storage system, new cards!
Hope we can get job skill update soon
I feel the population drop is mainly due to the regional block to SEA and euro players. But i could be overly optimistic tho

I suspect that many users are taking a brRak tO play a particular Mobile game.

#11 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Actually I felt otherwise. I felt like when the server population was around 2.5-3k, there were tonnes of bots roaming around. Recently, the server population is between 1.4-1.8k which I felt bots were reduced significantly. I know some are AFK levelers which doesn't walk around KS-ing ppl, & that's okay. Perhaps GM & his team has track down lots of bots. Thus, the server population that seemed smaller compared to last time. Maybe this is better? Quality over Quantity?

#12 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

I suggest doing more fun ingame events like hide and seek, guess the passwords and things like that. I am not very active in pvm anymore but whenever someone hosts a hide and seek I always try to log in for a couple of hours just to play. I enjoy it a lot

#13 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for janeway!

#14 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

Hey bud... Because the market stinks... Players (Vets) and staff thought zeny is really circulating thus the game is in good shape... I posted MVP price list here before,  Anyway, im starting playing ROM more often than Chaos...

I have removed from this post reference to certain call outs and RMTing reports. If you suspect someone is RMTing please report it the GM team will happily take action against bad actors.

Zeny circulating is a good thing but it needs to be getting removed at a faster rate from players with excess zeny reserves. Either by going to newer players or by being consumed through ingame activities.
Also of note Zeny inflation is a real problem as well. We have been preparing plans to drain large amount out of the game economy once the root cause of the mass inflation is resolved. But it requires the fix for those issues first. If we run the events without the fix the zeny coffers will just refill surprisingly quickly.

#15 ChainsOfHeaven

ChainsOfHeaven

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

Can you please allow people off of the Classic? I think that it has ran its course and I am not sure how it is even still running.

#16 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

Thor is a lost cause, many people i know that have quit only wanted one effin thing and ye guys killed it and now that certain mobile game effectively took out even more

All thats left in thor are whales, ripoffs, people who still love the game despite all it's flaws (martyrdom i would say so at this point) and people who have friends that belong to such reasons.

#17 Fleazilla

Fleazilla

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

"Ded game" - Hiyokko

#18 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

you could allow migration starter packs for the all servers to choose where to go to, in an attempt to compile whoever's left of the server.

#19 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

Reinstated a post that contributed to the discussion near the begging of the thread after removing the call outs.

#20 MoonJoo

MoonJoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

Reinstated a post that contributed to the discussion near the begging of the thread after removing the call outs.

100 players in thor left and those were the players who has the access to pay for ocps. What’s your plan now?

#21 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

you could allow migration starter packs for the all servers to choose where to go to, in an attempt to compile whoever's left of the server.

Its not a bad idea

In the past we've allowed for server transfers and offered migration. The real problem is always when the rule sets differ between servers,

Something for fresh start adventurers could be useful for both newer and older players.

#22 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

The 3k moment or last year was probably the time when one big guild decided to quit WoE.

We have 1k now is probably a result result of one of 2 big active guilds quit WoE recently.

Put Gioia in CLAB and it might help, Camp. Dont worry about WoE. No one does that anymore. Game can be all about PvM  :heh: 

Edited by nyyaan, 18 January 2019 - 05:56 PM.

#23 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

Its not a bad idea

In the past we've allowed for server transfers and offered migration. The real problem is always when the rule sets differ between servers,

Something for fresh start adventurers could be useful for both newer and older players.

or you can offer special (huge) discount for certain wpe purchased to attract migration player

#24 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

The content that we need to attract players back is nightmare OGH not the other trivial stuff

#25 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

Hello!

Enriched Hammer

Now if every one of those updates were here by late February/early April I would be a lot more happier.

Also Nightmare Old Glast Heim needs to come in, at least before somehow we get slotted versions of jRO booties. Otherwise Temp Boots will really be redundant before making their slotted/enchanted debut.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 18 January 2019 - 06:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users