The servers are dying... - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The servers are dying...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#76 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:29 PM

Dupe doesn't mean anything. New players log on, walk in Prontera, see that everything costs at least 100mil+. Lmao, what kind of new player wants to play this game unless it's someone who is planning on dropping thousands of dollar. 

#77 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

I find a lot of players taking this game for granted. Back in the days to play RO we need to buy daily/monthly pass just to play this game. Pay to Win nowadays is already common for the gaming industry. You don't expect to get free meals in a restaurant, do ya?

#78 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

I find a lot of players taking this game for granted. Back in the days to play RO we need to buy daily/monthly pass just to play this game. Pay to Win nowadays is already common for the gaming industry. You don't expect to get free meals in a restaurant, do ya?

Look at the forum. Most of the time people are talking about something on maintenance thread and you will always have 3-4 people who just wants to know about OCP content/when is the next OCP etc.

The game is so dead because anyone who made the commitment and effort to play the game has long quit. The leftovers are basically people who just want ridiculously overpowered gears that takes 1 min of their life to get so they can go back to one shotting MVPs that were probably one shot to begin with. 

#79 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

Look at the forum. Most of the time people are talking about something on maintenance thread and you will always have 3-4 people who just wants to know about OCP content/when is the next OCP etc.

The game is so dead because anyone who made the commitment and effort to play the game has long quit. The leftovers are basically people who just want ridiculously overpowered gears that takes 1 min of their life to get so they can go back to one shotting MVPs that were probably one shot to begin with. 

This game has been around for about 16 years now & naturally the game will die eventually. The one that still stays are players who still appreciate the game when it first introduced. Who here played Diablo? Or Diablo 2? Maybe Diablo 3 now?

One day you see a newly opened cafe with lots of menu variety & has lots of potential customers. The next day you see another newly opened cafe with newly created menu variety & has more potential customers. Thus, the first cafe that was opened slowly losing their customers (because there's nothing new anymore & it's predictable). This will go on. Last time iPhone was the cake. Then Samsung took over the smartphone championship. Later both iPhone & Samsung has dried out of their ideas/contents and now, more new brand smartphones have introduced.

Who remembers playing game was on field? Like Football & Basketball? Playing/Trading Card Game like Pokemon? Then came games at arcade? Gameboy? Now PC? Latest Mobile? What's next?

Edited by AceBanner, 19 January 2019 - 07:57 PM.

#80 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:29 PM

42 POSTS REMOVED

I warned you all once to calm down on personal attacks. Next warning is going to result in suspensions. This includes baiting.

Mindless spam is also not welcomed. That's a quick way to have a topic closed and I REALLY don't want to close this because I believe players need a place to vent and discuss stuff they think might help the game.

Please be respectful of each other in this discussion.

#81 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

That's one puppy Ninja Assault. And you might want to bring back Diskence post. Since it has a good point regarding this thread.

#82 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

This game started dying when Campitor removed Med life potion from Merry Badger! We all know it!

Please, bring it back, bring it back, dont take it away from me!

Edited by MrLekkz, 19 January 2019 - 08:41 PM.

#83 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

That's one puppy Ninja Assault. And you might want to bring back Diskence post. Since it has a good point regarding this thread.

What was the topic of the post? Having sorted through 3 pages of stuff I may have hidden it by accident in the great ninja assault.

#84 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:38 PM

What was the topic of the post? Having sorted through 3 pages of stuff I may have hidden it by accident in the great ninja assault.

It's about walking in Prontera...  :heh:  Check it out...

Edit: Nice, It's back... Thanks!  :heh:

Edited by Ecologist, 19 January 2019 - 08:47 PM.

#85 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

I personally prefer buying daily pass. There will be less bots in the server. This is how jRO runs their game, $15 monthly pass and separate fee for vip. totally bot free and dupe free server. This is just the biggest different between jRO and iRO. I believe everyone will choose jRO over iRO if the language isn't an issue to them.

#86 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

I personally prefer buying daily pass. There will be less bots in the server. This is how jRO runs their game, $15 monthly pass and separate fee for vip. totally bot free and dupe free server. This is just the biggest different between jRO and iRO. I believe everyone will choose jRO over iRO if the language isn't an issue to them.

jRO also has a much stronger development arm than we have here, sadly. Even disregarding the events and everything they do weekly/monthly, they did things like not implementing Renewal's level difference exp penalty that many of us think is dumb. Not adding Doram until it was address for WoE balance, etc.

#87 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

jRO also has a much stronger development arm than we have here, sadly. Even disregarding the events and everything they do weekly/monthly, they did things like not implementing Renewal's level difference exp penalty that many of us think is dumb. Not adding Doram until it was address for WoE balance, etc.

Dorams were balanced here though. People just had a knee jerk reaction to them. Even without the Illusion Long Mace there were many ways to counter them.

#88 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:04 PM

Well, there are reasons for jRO to have 4k no bot server.

#89 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

The reason jRO is jRO is because it is a server where the majority is Japanese people. The moment lots and lots of foreigners go to jRO, it wont be jRO anymore. It will be a messed up server called iRO 2.0 where people bot in PvM and cheat in WoE  :heh:

#90 RedFirm

RedFirm

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, I'm back from a 1 day ban... Nice editing skill you got there buddy. Anyway, back to the topic. Buddy, first of all this game/server is vet friendly not newbie friendly. If someone hits your vets, you hit those newbies instead. Bud, I'm helping this server to survive. Nobody cares about your events, updates whatsoever. The only players who care about these stuff are Vets. Newbies can't even play certain maps. puppy buddy, this server doesn't even have a puppy advertisement, this server is known just for a word of mouth. Buddy, I'm being direct to you, the game is populated by 80% RMTer/Botter, 19.9% Holding on and 0.1% Newbie. When there's a new player you can't just convince him to get an OCP. Dude, they will try the game first. When they see that there are only few players playing, they won't bother to buy anything. Second, most of the new players want to farm, because they want to play right? they want to fight, because its a game right? and again, they want to try the game first, so they won't bother buying anything yet. When they see the market prices, darn! For sure, they'll be gone dead. Buddy, that's why I'm trying to bring back the prices, because newbies/new players couldn't afford them. They'll be dead always when playing, people or players mentality, when they keep on dying in game, when they can't cope up in game, they will just forget that game and look for a new one. Dude, honestly, it makes me laugh when you keep on focusing with your updates and zeny removal. Buddy, zeny is circulating through RMT. I know that, I'm a 24/7 eden seller and I have these very very big eyes wideopen that's why I know everything in relation to Marketing. They don't want the prices to go down because $$$, real money. Lastly buddy, remember when I asked you before if this server has a plan of creating a mobile app version? Because nowadays, people want to play comfortably. I know this alot since I'm doing business online, "niche market websites" Atleast 80% of the population online want to use their phones instead of their laptops. That's why new gamers turn to mobile friendly games because its comfy and definitely accessible. That's why atleast 30% of chaos players went to Eternal Love. And if you're not aware, there are more people going there and selling their chaos accounts. 

This is true. My guildies went rom.

#91 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

The reason jRO is jRO is because it is a server where the majority is Japanese people. The moment lots and lots of foreigners go to jRO, it wont be jRO anymore. It will be a messed up server called iRO 2.0 where people bot in PvM and cheat in WoE  :heh:

nah, it is unbotable in jRO. it needs pre-paid month card to be able to play. it also required phone verification for register, so if someone bot and got banned. They lost the pre-paid money. They ban people pretty often. Items are 100% legit as well, not like iRO having like 20% dupe rate lol D:

#92 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

nah, it is unbotable in jRO. it needs pre-paid month card to be able to play. it also required phone verification for register, so if someone bot and got banned. They lost the pre-paid money. They ban people pretty often. Items are 100% legit as well, not like iRO having like 20% dupe rate lol D:

Im sure its higher than 20% dupe rate lol

#93 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

so prepaid month card is the solution to bots lol

can we have that in iro???

#94 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

Even we have that in iRO, people won't pay for garbage service lol

#95 bunnyband

bunnyband

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

1. WP has no respect whatsoever toward their customers

Removing duped items without any notice like we are responsible to check if our items are still there.
Support teams are a big headache(most people if not everyone will agree on this), treating their customers like trash

2. Too much responsibilities
Going thru that extra work just to verify something that you know it is legit because if you dont, one day they will remove it and say its duped and you have no proof to give(happened to one of my friend long time ago).(incompetent Support teams like usual nothing new)

Have to take screenshot of every trades in the game because GM wont do -_- if you dont provide evidences.

3. Bad management(at least for me)

All these promises to revive this and that. Bleh
I personally left because of how -_-ed WoE currently is and nothing will be done, everyone knows this but still hoping for something.
I bet I am not the only one who left because of WoE. Theres alot of people who play PS jst for the WoE(altho its classic/pre renewal gameplay).
Some people jst want the competition.

I heard WoE in Valkyrie back then was nice, without all these MVPs and OCPs. They could even survive without woe set.

OCPs are build around jRO mechanic, its too OP for iRO. WoE currently is a one shot fest.

PS: I read forum once in a while cause I still miss RO but I wont be playing until they step up their game.

#96 Kritzkingvoid

Kritzkingvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLas Pinas: Philippines
  • Server:Chaos Emeralds

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

A pay wall could be a solution for bots

But won't help with the dwindling player base. IRO is barely reaching 1k. A pay wall is only effective if you have a healthy amount of people to begin with.

Also what kind of person (who is new to ragnarok) pay a monthly fee when there are free private servers with double the player count

Unless Gravity files a force shutdown of private servers (which is a di*ck move)

Also [*Insert other games here]  exist

Edited by Kritzkingvoid, 19 January 2019 - 09:49 PM.

#97 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

1. WP has no respect whatsoever toward their customers

Removing duped items without any notice like we are responsible to check if our items are still there.
Support teams are a big headache(most people if not everyone will agree on this), treating their customers like trash

2. Too much responsibilities
Going thru that extra work just to verify something that you know it is legit because if you dont, one day they will remove it and say its duped and you have no proof to give(happened to one of my friend long time ago).(incompetent Support teams like usual nothing new)

Have to take screenshot of every trades in the game because GM wont do -_- if you dont provide evidences.

Buddy, I have my ID submitted to them for some verification purposes "before". LOL. You need to fax them for ID verification and it should be a government ID.

#98 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:04 PM

A pay wall could be a solution for bots

But won't help with the dwindling player base. IRO is barely reaching 1k. A pay wall is only effective if you have a healthy amount of people to begin with.

Also what kind of person (who is new to ragnarok) pay a monthly fee when there are free private servers with double the player count

Unless Gravity files a force shutdown of private servers (which is a di*ck move)

Also [*Insert other games here]  exist

iRO should have never gone into a cheap route in the first place. Making this game F2P was a dumb move. Quality > Quantity any day.

I'd rather have 300 of real players online than this 1k online when it's all bots and alt abusing ET lol

Edited by nyyaan, 19 January 2019 - 10:05 PM.

#99 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:31 PM

Please change  

1 ) One player  , One account allowed

Allow multiple windows for one player lead to

-  scamming 

-  illegals software

-  duping items

-  non communication society 

-  capitalism , old players with more accounts control market price  

2 ) Stop listen to the board 

- Many famous players actually use illegal software to PVM . ( And possibly , secretly botting and duping ) .

( I have captured some PVM scene which Dragon breath could went through an empty spaces  ) 

iMuwvBr.jpg

- They use forum to achieve Political status. Which effectively prevent them from getting punished.

- They're not representative of players.

3 )  Time

- Free players spent the most precious thing of their life , Time.

Which you cant bought back with zeny nor dollars. 

They spent their Time to become a  living content for you. 

Portion of them saw many living contents. How its worth to pay. And become paid players.

Please respect their time and effort . 

4 )  Don't relay on Deities

- They cant play forever . And cant help you catch customers forever.

No matter which special prize you offered to them. It didn't worth more than single piece of LV .

Edited by zeywei, 20 January 2019 - 08:58 AM.

#100 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

Please change  

1 ) One player  , One account allowed

Allow multiple windows for one player lead to

-  scamming 

-  illegals software

-  duping items

-  non communication society 

-  capitalism , old players with more accounts control market price  

I play RoM right now. I'm happy to tell you that VIP package or even Kafra point is character bound! I'm delighted.

Buddy, I have an online business... No weekend for us... Anyway, ciao!

Probably E-commerce ... well its a good industry. Good luck buddy lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users