The servers are dying... - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The servers are dying...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#101 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:42 PM

jRO has the high quality service(unique event, gear, instance, class sprite, ect) that is worthy for people to pay for. iRO just doesn’t want to do as good since they don’t have enough workers and money. WP just need a better project manager for future plan. It is just stupid how they do(OCP, old useless event, new dumb event) after Oda was gone. Miss Oda btw.

#102 712180611081654953

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:53 PM

I think there are a group of ppl spreading negative feeling in this forum constantly. Gm please take action to this group of ppl. I think mostvof them from asean.

#103 Slothfulness

Slothfulness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:53 PM

I find a lot of players taking this game for granted. Back in the days to play RO we need to buy daily/monthly pass just to play this game. Pay to Win nowadays is already common for the gaming industry. You don't expect to get free meals in a restaurant, do ya?

Only if you're meal has a hair in it or a bug, mainly a fly in your soup. You can complaint about it and usually what restaurants do is give you another meal and it's on the house. Or you can complaint that the meal is too salty, or does not have any flavor or its cold or any other BS excuse you might have just to get a free pass.

Sadly this is what I've been reading in the forums from old necro threads from 5 to 6 years ago. Some of you should take some time to do the same, go all the way towards the end, and start working your way up to 2019. What will you encounter? Endless after endless threads about complaints and people nagging they don't like certain things and they wish they had this and that, and oh things could be better if this and that were available.

Here's the bottom line, "cause the ROCK said so" yeah. People will never be satisfied and contempt with what they have or what they are being offered. People always want more! Why bite the hand that feeds you? Gluttony is the main problem. You think if they fix the duping problem people will stop selling over priced items in the market? I don't think so, people will continue doing whatever suits their best interest. 

Most of you say this game is going down and is slowly dying. I personally think this game will last another 20 years or so!

And another thing. Give ROM a few years and wait until someone finds an exploit whether it'd be an item exploit or zeny, people will start going insane there too, im sure the market will also become saturated at some point. There is no perfect game, and there will never be one. sooner or later the population will start declining in ROM as well until another bigger and badder version of RO comes out, they will ditch ROM and go for the new game, and the process will carry on.

Edited by Slothfulness, 19 January 2019 - 11:02 PM.

#104 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

I think there are a group of ppl spreading negative feeling in this forum constantly. Gm please take action to this group of ppl. I think mostvof them from asean.

yes pls ban ASEAN

#105 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:10 PM

Only if you're meal has a hair in it or a bug, mainly a fly in your soup. You can complaint about it and usually what restaurants do is give you another meal and it's on the house. Or you can complaint that the meal is too salty, or does not have any flavor or its cold or any other BS excuse you might have just to get a free pass.

Sadly this is what I've been reading in the forums from old necro threads from 5 to 6 years ago. Some of you should take some time to do the same, go all the way towards the end, and start working your way up to 2019. What will you encounter? Endless after endless threads about complaints and people nagging they don't like certain things and they wish they had this and that, and oh things could be better if this and that were available.

Here's the bottom line, "cause the ROCK said so" yeah. People will never be satisfied and contempt with what they have or what they are being offered. People always want more! Why bite the hand that feeds you? Gluttony is the main problem. You think if they fix the duping problem people will stop selling over priced items in the market? I don't think so, people will continue doing whatever suits their best interest. 

Most of you say this game is going down and is slowly dying. I personally think this game will last another 20 years or so!

And another thing. Give ROM a few years and wait until someone finds an exploit whether it'd be an item exploit or zeny, people will start going insane there too, im sure the market will also become saturated at some point. There is no perfect game, and there will never be one. sooner or later the population will start declining in ROM as well until another bigger and badder version of RO comes out, they will ditch ROM and go for the new game, and the process will carry on.

+1 Exactly.

#106 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:03 AM

yes pls ban ASEAN

Why not just ban the entire Asia and Australia as well

Both arent Àmerica :heh:

#107 Cellac

Cellac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:07 AM

I am writing this as a long time Ragnarok Online fan. This game has a lot of depth and for many it is their first experience of MMO. So it is very sad to see that the community is slowly falling apart.

But rather than adding vitriol to the fire, I’d like to write down what I think iRO staffs and the playerbase can do to improve the game.

iRO for whatever reason has garnered a rather negative reputation through word of mouth as a mismanaged server. While there have been some questionable decisions that the iRO staffs have made, I personally find that staffs care about the game and tried their best to keep the community alive.

Sad to say but broken promises are already a given when it comes to iRO. By all means I am not blaming anyone for this – I realise Warpportal is probably doing their best to push updates and attract/retain players. But rather than demanding more changes and updates (apart from the ones already outlined by Campitor in earlier post), I think the best we can do together as player base is to revitalise the positive spirit of the iRO community.

How?

A lot of players here in the thread already voiced their concerns that the game/server is not newbie friendly. RO is an extensive game with so much depth, starting the game can feel so overwhelming. And like what has been said, so many features in the game (like refining, sub status explanations, instance and dungeon runs) are not very well explained in the game. The current “tutorial” that we have in Izlude is confusing and often skipped by players. While the latter can certainly be improved – rather than adding that to the “to-do-list” of the staff, the playerbase can create newer, updated guides in a simple to understand manner than can help ease new players (and players returning to the server) into the game.

Yes, it may seem unfair that these things are “outsourced” to the players when it should’ve been the job of the game devs to create a more welcoming environment and teach the mechanics of the game to the players. But it seems that with how it is, iRO staffs have bazillion things to do and have limited powers/resource/time to add on these features.

Rather than overloading Campitor’s objectives for 2019, how about we – again – put trust in his and the staffs’ ability to fulfil those update plans which I am sure will entice players back into the game. For sure we are missing a LOT of things, and I am also as frustrated as you all are when it comes to waiting. But surely, we the veterans know that there is not much we can do besides waiting.

Instead of name-calling and creating pointless negativity around the server, why not do the opposite? Clearly a lot of passion and care are being displayed in this thread, otherwise people would have not been so up in arms about the server “dying”. Channel that energy to create and update the outdated guides we have (clean up the old irrelevant ones) and welcome the new (returning players) with an open arm. I know at least some peole in this community like Captain Sunbear is working to create video/streaming content that showcase the best of iRO and that it does not have to be all OCP-MVP-card-laden fest it has been. Let’s support people like him and others who still want this game to succeed.

Sorry for the long post but I feel I need to. Thank you for reading and I wish Campitor and iRO staff the best for this new year

#108 hilaw

hilaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:24 AM

Ban ASIA??? Why?

I'm from Asia, Philippines to be exact. And I love this game, I don't care the population, and I don't mind spending money in this game. (I'm not rich kid)  

Most of you guys are like baby, always keep complaining, and never satisfy. 

#109 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:40 AM

A lot of players here in the thread already voiced their concerns that the game/server is not newbie friendly.

Are you trolling me? Last X'mas event, just now. Remember? Free MvPs including WoE MvPs that some vets cant even come close to farm because they dont want to WoE. Most vets AKA "A lot of players here" said it's the best event everrrrrr ... which was fine. Then here came the problem. There was a time when few newbies actually came to complain on forums about the event that the event was mainly designed for vets. They quickly got shut down by pros with stupid excuses such as "Get good", "Find a party", "Lol" etc. 

Just to point out that, no a lot of players here do not care if the server is not newbie friendly.

#110 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:46 AM

well then if jRO is highly maintained and praised then perhaps the iRO staff should learn a few things from their management team and bring them to our server to save iRO

#111 Cellac

Cellac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

Are you trolling me? Last X'mas event, just now. Remember? Free MvPs including WoE MvPs that some vets cant even come close to farm because they dont want to WoE. Most vets AKA "A lot of players here" said it's the best event everrrrrr ... which was fine. Then here came the problem. There was a time when few newbies actually came to complain on forums about the event that the event was mainly designed for vets. They quickly got shut down by pros with stupid excuses such as "Get good", "Find a party", "Lol" etc. 

Just to point out that, no a lot of players here do not care if the server is not newbie friendly.

^

I am referring to these posts in this thread. Perhaps there aren't "a lot" but to address concerns about this game not attracting newer players, I wrote my posts.

I honestly think the problem is around the new players.

As a Brazilian player who left Bro Server, I found the initial tutorial strange / confusing.

If I did not really come with a friend who was playing here I would get lost and I would not be able to finish the creature academy in a way that would give the teleportation / potions ticket and other things in correct amount (completely).

Newcomers need to know how to play the game, as in, a directional dialogue to help them understand where to move to. Yeah RO is a massive world to explore but at the same time you need to give them some direction.

Also it doesn't help how p2w all this is, a newcomer would see this game, notice most gear people use is now cash shop and think to themselves "so I gotta fork out hundreds of dollars to play this game?".

The academy books is limited when showing off the classes ability

Having a training room were you can change classes on the fly and fighting dummy mobs is a option, similar to having a dedicated tutorial for each players

And I am not trolling anyone - and I am not sure where you get that idea. I only want the game to continue and I do believe people care about the game, hence we are having this discussion.

Edited by Cellac, 20 January 2019 - 12:49 AM.

#112 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:30 AM

Ban ASIA??? Why?

I'm from Asia, Philippines to be exact. And I love this game, I don't care the population, and I don't mind spending money in this game. (I'm not rich kid)

Most of you guys are like baby, always keep complaining, and never satisfy.

Because it's sarcasm? *looking at gdrp and taiwan-macau incidents*

#113 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:03 AM

We had newbie friendly event previously, veteran player need some challenge which the event is good. What do you expect to collecting stuff repeatedly and mindless grinding stuff event. Veteran player need more endgame stuff to keep them from boring. This server need to maintance both newbie and veteran player.

Edited by andxres, 20 January 2019 - 03:07 AM.

#114 Javaman144

Javaman144

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:27 AM

The problem is this game burns so much cash right now for your character to be competent(Pay for convenience).
I'll be honest, I wanted to solo dungeons and farm solo since I have different schedules with my friends that I spent so much cash that when I computed it, I was mortified that it costs as much as a downpayment for a car.
I've quit the game for about 2 years now and I've read it's gotten so much worse.
I love RO since 2003 and this game will be forever in my heart.
I want this game to get good again but the current outlook is very grim.

Edited by Javaman144, 20 January 2019 - 03:32 AM.

#115 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:10 AM

Honestly the Xmas event was decent for both newbies & vets. The only things -_-ep up was GIoia. I categorize myself as half newb half vet due to certain incident, but that xmas event actually made me rethink about quitting RO for good.

MVPing is considered "endgame" activity, giving the newbie a chance to feel the endgame every 8h give good feeling to continue the game.

#116 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:26 AM

Give WP the benefit of the doubt. They have laid out their plans for 2019, and it's good to know that they are doing something. People come and go, whether they like iRO or just making excuses, and point fingers to  what exactly happened and blame. 

IT DOESN'T MATTER.
Ups and downs are part of the system. Just play and enjoy the game while iRO is still here.

THOR cares.
Live and let die.

#117 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

What else could have happened when they keep banning half the population away?  The cash box got more aggressive as a result due to lower player counts, thus alienating more players.

#118 Gynvael

Gynvael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:57 AM

Give me the Mavka card and i'll play the game again lol

#119 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

In my view the low population is from differing sources like the multiple regional IP blocks, ongoing unpatched exploits, and some base aspects of the game which cause mistrust if not hate of other parts of the playerbase. 

Contracts being what they are I realize not much can be done about the regional blocks but reducing the total amount of possible players doesn't help.

As for exploits the largest and most obvious is duping. Thanks to duping it currently feels like it is not safe to trust players vending or with selling with chat boxes (even if statistically it is). For instance if I were a new player with a few weeks/months play time where I was saving for that first expensive item only to have it removed by the GM team with no notice or restitution because of another player's cheating I think most people including myself would just quit immediately over that especially as there is no communication that the trade has the possibility to be reversed. 

As to the base issue with the game the fact that an enormous amount of trust is needed based on the loot system of the game. I love doing instances, especially ET, but I would never consider taking a random player along with me to ET. Some of the worst feelings I've had in this game have been from cards dropping from kills I've made but watching as other players take the reward from my efforts. So the chance a random player could come to ET and loot and keep a MVP card with no consequence means that aspect of building community by meeting new mid/high level characters to go on an instance is closed to me and others who feel like me. Fortunately I saw some progress in this front with the Guilded Galapagos (Talk Like A Pirate Day - TLAP) Event where rewards were based on participation not winner takes all rush to the MVP drops like everything else in the game. TLAP event and the Malangdo Culverts instance are great steps towards what I want to see to actually build community - though in the later's case the fact it is stuck behind the VIP paywall makes Culverts instance not great. Made a few friendships while joining random groups during TLAP event which I'm happy to say have continued and has kept me engaged in the game in the months since then.

In the end iRO is ok to good but it's the community that allows it to be great and lately for me personally I find it safest to avoid most of the community. Playing the market taught me most people are cheaters (bought multiple dupes), mid-ti taught me people are greedy and won't help (take cards/kill steal/won't even rez), and instance drops being nothing or billions of zeny makes anything but soloing instances foolish. As Cellac said above the solution is being more welcoming, better guides, and being more trusting but as for me based on what I outline above that is asking a lot.

#120 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:45 PM

In my view the low population is from differing sources like the multiple regional IP blocks, ongoing unpatched exploits, and some base aspects of the game which cause mistrust if not hate of other parts of the playerbase. 

Contracts being what they are I realize not much can be done about the regional blocks but reducing the total amount of possible players doesn't help.

As for exploits the largest and most obvious is duping. Thanks to duping it currently feels like it is not safe to trust players vending or with selling with chat boxes (even if statistically it is). For instance if I were a new player with a few weeks/months play time where I was saving for that first expensive item only to have it removed by the GM team with no notice or restitution because of another player's cheating I think most people including myself would just quit immediately over that especially as there is no communication that the trade has the possibility to be reversed. 

As to the base issue with the game the fact that an enormous amount of trust is needed based on the loot system of the game. I love doing instances, especially ET, but I would never consider taking a random player along with me to ET. Some of the worst feelings I've had in this game have been from cards dropping from kills I've made but watching as other players take the reward from my efforts. So the chance a random player could come to ET and loot and keep a MVP card with no consequence means that aspect of building community by meeting new mid/high level characters to go on an instance is closed to me and others who feel like me. Fortunately I saw some progress in this front with the Guilded Galapagos (Talk Like A Pirate Day - TLAP) Event where rewards were based on participation not winner takes all rush to the MVP drops like everything else in the game. TLAP event and the Malangdo Culverts instance are great steps towards what I want to see to actually build community - though in the later's case the fact it is stuck behind the VIP paywall makes Culverts instance not great. Made a few friendships while joining random groups during TLAP event which I'm happy to say have continued and has kept me engaged in the game in the months since then.

In the end iRO is ok to good but it's the community that allows it to be great and lately for me personally I find it safest to avoid most of the community. Playing the market taught me most people are cheaters (bought multiple dupes), mid-ti taught me people are greedy and won't help (take cards/kill steal/won't even rez), and instance drops being nothing or billions of zeny makes anything but soloing instances foolish. As Cellac said above the solution is being more welcoming, better guides, and being more trusting but as for me based on what I outline above that is asking a lot.

Yeah, there are times where I wish I could trust random people, I would let them tag along for my ET clears, seeing as 99% of stuff is just left to vanish and a new player could easily make some zeny from looting and selling the stuff. But on the off chance an MVP Card drops, I would hate for them to just loot it and vanish.

#121 thesifer

thesifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:31 PM

I miss TLAPD too. It was the last event I really enjoyed.  :(

#122 712180611081654953

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Hi Ralen, what are you scare about? Just a 5 minute to sent a tiket to verify. I dont think a cheater want to take risk to sell dupe to you with the account have the risk to ban. Only stupid will do this thing. Please think maturely and stop spreading negative feeling.

#123 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:59 PM

- They use forum to achieve Political status. Which effectively prevent them from getting punished.

- They're not representative of players.

Honestly, this is what I've been thinking so I absolutely agree with this...

The reason jRO is jRO is because it is a server where the majority is Japanese people. The moment lots and lots of foreigners go to jRO, it wont be jRO anymore. It will be a messed up server called iRO 2.0 where people bot in PvM and cheat in WoE  :heh:

Yeah, and I think the same system doesn't guarantee the success outside Japan. Especially, the loot box controlling law.

(Mr.bgmds this is also a warning, lol)

so prepaid month card is the solution to bots lol

can we have that in iro???

According to my 3 years experience at JRO, it is only 50%.

The remaining 50% that I belief most people don't use bot is because :

x0GAA4j.jpg

Players there are allowed to quickly level up just like this until the level 170 which is the end game content. In that period, partying with most powerful players in the server isn't a problem anymore.

p6wNY8t.jpg

Events are really rewarding and are accessible by everyone no matter the BaseLevel is.

3 years ago when I first entered JRO, I was grinding just like I did on IRO and another local server. Realized later that it was do dumb because just joining an event will boost my zeny much quicker than grinding and farming at somewhere else.

These make botting in JRO completely obsolete. There's much better way to get zeny & level up rather than risking with botting which potentially results in the account suspension.

Remember that this is the aspect of a person who doesn't join WoE nor pay for the RagCan/OCP. So I could've overlooked something

If you asked my aspect :

Gravity's point of view : The game is fun at grinding.

Gungho's point of view : Grinding isn't fun. Let the players quickly level up and join something else we've prepared.

i5Fz25o.jpg

Edited by OBBO, 21 January 2019 - 12:08 AM.

#124 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

(Mr.bgmds this is also a warning, lol)

??? what

#125 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:13 AM

Hi Ralen, what are you scare about? Just a 5 minute to sent a tiket to verify. I dont think a cheater want to take risk to sell dupe to you with the account have the risk to ban. Only stupid will do this thing. Please think maturely and stop spreading negative feeling.

I wouldn't consider myself scared of people in the market but with the constant talk of people receiving duped items it's reasonable to lose faith in the other people selling items. As someone very invested in time in iRO it certainly annoys me to send a ticket but I know it is necessary to do so to protect my account. As such I do regularly create verification tickets especially after a large purchase.

The problem I was trying to point out is new players who are not as invested likely quitting after losing items because of how the GM team cleans up dupes. Would anyone play a long term game where it sometimes randomly decides to roll back your progress? That is the core issue that the policy the GMs currently have in place to deal with dupes. It is a horrible feeling to lose a prized item without notice or being told of the steps you need to take to be made whole. So my question is, should the GM team continue to give more players the unpleasant experience I had to go through or should this policy be changed to something more proactive on the GMs side and hence more player friendly? 

As to your point about risking accounts what happened in the most recent case of duping I was involved with is after the trade was reversed the other player who gave me the duped item wasn't banned. They in fact continued to advertise that they selling the item I traded to them. So either the GM made and returned a completely new copy of my item or the other player duped the item they got from me to keep selling it with no repercussions after I reported them. Personally I lean towards the latter. So to me it seems like not a great system at the moment.

That said I just spent the whole weekend playing my favorite game leveling up a new Geneticist but iRO has some serious issues and pretending that it's all positive feelings will only cause more people to be in the position where they feel wronged enough to leave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users