"Looking for a new GM" Scam - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

"Looking for a new GM" Scam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 SilberWolfe

SilberWolfe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

I was selling my item in Eden HQ where I was approached (chatted) by [Kittens]. And then another guy come in with the ID: CM Campitor. He claimed to be the Community Manager and showed me this link:

which I do not find suprising to find his name there. 

He asked me to go to geffen, make a room and then (interestingly enough, he could actually join the chat room when I have limited it into two people only (me and another guy so total 3 people in 2 people chat room). There he asked me to join to a discord server (I can't remember the address now).

There, he claimed to be bearing good news that he and astra wanted to find a new GM. This never happens to me. So I google search "GM scam ragnarok renewal" and found one people reporting this and get banned. I quit the server, changed my discord ID and then exited the RO server. Few mins ago I sent warpportal a ticket.

Is this real CM or I almost (or maybe I had already) been scammed?

Edit: Can't submit a ticket. The web said I need to submit a ticket regarding a ticket error(?)

Edit2: The first guy [Kittens] and another guy (iRO GM ODA) claimed that in 10 hours I will be banned. So, any GM/CM out there could maybe shed a light?

Edited by VModCinnamon, 21 January 2019 - 08:37 PM.
Mod Edit: Kittens are cute

#2 S7th

S7th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

He/She is a scammer

#3 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

You bet the name gonna be censored by vmod

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

Common scam, the very one that Gramps warns you about before you can even do any TI. 

Also, Oda doesn't work for WP anymore (and hasn't for years), so dunno why the ever living eff anyone would fall for it. 

#5 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

What happens is that guys type a message with a lot of spaces....... so you end up thinking that there's actually a message from CM Campitor.

Eg.

Random Guy : Hi                                                  CM Campitor : Are you from Asia?

In a normal chat screen size it would look like this.

Random Guy : Hi

CM Campitor : Are you from Asia?

They do this with Oda too, eventhough ODA is no longer working with Warpportal.

GM will never enter your chatroom and their PM will appear both in your tab and also in the middle of your screen. Also remember what gramps tells you, GM can never be invisible in a chat room, and you can always request them to show you their GM sprite to verify its them!

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

This is an ongoing scam, the names are already with the GM staff to investigate.

In future please avoid posting the names here, there are times when the scammers conduct their ill-doings through hacked/innocent users accounts :/

In addition, we have a pinned topic about items scam, check it out on the link below.

https://forums.warpp...-scams-and-you/

#7 SilberWolfe

SilberWolfe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

Sure thing.

Thanks all.

I was logging in after my 2 years hiatus (I really forget about gramps' warning") and this happens.

Will be more careful now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users