January 23rd Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 23rd Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:57 PM

x5A3OnE.jpg

January 23rd, 11:00AM - 6:00PM PST

Updates

• Blue Cards can now be sold to any NPC merchant for a small amount of Zeny
  • Francine is updated to remove all Blue Cards on request

Events

• Monster Tokens Event starts
    • New Event Reward: Daily ore-free refine attempt using Monster Tokens and Zeny. Maximum refine obtainable from this method is +7. Item will not break or degrade from this refine NPC. Can only be performed once every 20 hours. NPC located in Al De Baran (aldeba_in 99 164).
  • Lunar Festival (payon 241 90) starts
  • Jump Event (izlude 214 124) starts
  • Spotlight Event continues! From January 16th, 2019 to February 13th, 2019, Izlude Water Dungeon will have the following benefits:
    • +100% EXP/Drops
    • +50% Extra Spawns
  • Raffler is in Prontera
  • Big prizes are in Bold. Updates are in Red.
    • Beelzebub Wing Box (1)  /  Strawberry (1-20) - 31,000z
    • Dress Hat (1) / Witch Starsand (1-10) - 60,000z
    • Silvervine 100 Box (4) / Alcohol (1-10) - 150,000z
    • HE Bubblegum (5) / Blue Herb (1-40) - 100,000z
    • Poison Bottle (5) / Karvodailnirol (1-5) - 500,000z
    • HE Battle Manual (2) / Immortal Heart (1-10) - 50,000z
    • Fish In Mouth (1) / Fabric (1-10) - 60,000z
    • Rideword Hat (1) / Mermaid's Heart (1-10) - 25,000z
    • Enriched Elunium / Rough Elunium (1-20) - 450,000z
    • Enriched Oridecon / Rough Oridecon (1-20) - 450,000

Cash Shop

Community

• Tune into our next livestream Crazy Uproar over at twitch.tv/warpportal on Tuesday, January 29 at 3PM PST! Each stream we're giving away FREE 7-Day VIP Codes! To learn more about how to redeem them on stream, click here!

*Silvervine System

Spoiler

#2 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:37 AM

is jump event has same of janeway like in renewal?

#3 aposentado03

aposentado03

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:26 AM

BUG Super Novice Chant (FURY) - Its still not working if you reach level 99 Super Novice with 100% exp!

Is it possible to implement a customization item that provides the same as the unavailable skill (CRIT + 50) only for Super Novice with level 99 until the BUG is repaired?

#4 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:00 PM

BUG Super Novice Chant (FURY) - Its still not working if you reach level 99 Super Novice with 100% exp!

Is it possible to implement a customization item that provides the same as the unavailable skill (CRIT + 50) only for Super Novice with level 99 until the BUG is repaired?

[Cookies] I will state the obvious at this point though.  This is out of their hands, it's most likely something kRO has to fix n give to them which obviously takes forever.  [More Cookies]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 January 2019 - 03:13 PM.
Mod Edit: That was unnecessary.

#5 kuryeh

kuryeh

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

JndRhdt.png

Fix it

#6 kuryeh

kuryeh

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

[Cookies]  I will state the obvious at this point though.  This is out of their hands, it's most likely something kRO has to fix n give to them which obviously takes forever.  [More Cookies]

I understand the guy.
I refuse to do a creator or champion, even though MVP was the only thing left of "fun" on the server, simply not to subject myself to the metagame

So I think the server should simply go forward in time and launch the third classes, when everyone can do all the content and as a last attempt to repopulate the server.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 January 2019 - 03:14 PM.
Mod Edit: edited in quote.

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:18 PM

Let's tone it down please, a user may play whatever class they enjoy the most :) so let's respect their choice!

Thank you for the report.

This is an ongoing issue and Renewal servers suffer from the same as far as I can tell.

#8 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

Let's tone it down please, a user may play whatever class they enjoy the most :) so let's respect their choice!

This is an ongoing issue and Renewal servers suffer from the same as far as I can tell.

Hey i atleast replied to the guy about it which is more than he has received prior and i explained the answer.  I was legit curious what would be so fun about super novice.

#9 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

I understand the guy.
I refuse to do a creator or champion, even though MVP was the only thing left of "fun" on the server, simply not to subject myself to the metagame

So I think the server should simply go forward in time and launch the third classes, when everyone can do all the content and as a last attempt to repopulate the server.

I am all for 3rd classes as long as they are not accompanied by the trash exp system that renewal uses.  That system IMO is what actually chases people away from renewal.  You can't level where you want, the game chooses for you and you are forced into bad areas you may not have gear to support and so on. 

#10 kuryeh

kuryeh

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

A.K.A. "nothing will be done, as always"

I complained about this knight's sprite bug for a long time, and even I could solve that problem on a private server, imagine what professional programmers can not do if they have a little interest.

This server could be a great success and it was a great success for a while (and would continue to be if it had not been filled with bad business decisions), in respect to this story, I say, if you do not want to continue giving support to the game, close it, it's more dignified than leave it delivered to moths like this.

#11 Litao

Litao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

I am not into 3rd classes because it brings with it OP builds and makes the game feel too easy.

Having said that, im not into classic either. I like the way restart has implemented some renewal mechanics while keeping some classic elements. To me, restart's current system is sort of a middle ground between classic and renewal.

My own opinion of course, but what exactly is the purpose of the restart server, seems a bit redundant. Its eventually going to become renewal, what then? Merge?

I feel that having a middle ground server between classic and restart is a better idea, but thats just me

#12 kuryeh

kuryeh

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

I am all for 3rd classes as long as they are not accompanied by the trash exp system that renewal uses.  That system IMO is what actually chases people away from renewal.  You can't level where you want, the game chooses for you and you are forced into bad areas you may not have gear to support and so on. 

I fully agree
advance in time (giving us content) and make the necessary adaptations, creating a hybrid with the positive side of all ragnarok moments, this, which was even one of the proposals in the RE: Start

#13 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

I am not into 3rd classes because it brings with it OP builds and makes the game feel too easy.

Having said that, im not into classic either. I like the way restart has implemented some renewal mechanics while keeping some classic elements. To me, restart's current system is sort of a middle ground between classic and renewal.

My own opinion of course, but what exactly is the purpose of the restart server, seems a bit redundant. Its eventually going to become renewal, what then? Merge?

I feel that having a middle ground server between classic and restart is a better idea, but thats just me

What OP builds exactly?  Most people just run a biochem n spam 100k+ bombs on bosses n spam tokens to trivialize any sort of difficulty as it is.  I don't think giving other classes a way to do similar and not forcing everyone on biochems to get the same result is such a bad thing.  I personally play a bunch of classes and i don't see a downside to having more options.

#14 Litao

Litao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

Having options is great, just like if there was a middle ground server that uses renewal mechanics without being renewal.

Just pointing out that the long term plan of restart server doesnt make sense. Its just another renewal.

#15 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:12 PM

I fully agree
advance in time (giving us content) and make the necessary adaptations, creating a hybrid with the positive side of all ragnarok moments, this, which was even one of the proposals in the RE: Start

Yeah it would be nice to see 3rd jobs and none of the nonsense that came with them.  People always pin the problems on 3rd job which i found to be stupid.  When i played renewal it was awesome having another evolution to my character and getting all new skills which generally filled parts that were originally missing from the classes.  Example of this is i main a champ, it has 0 AOE abilities and lvling them is quite awful since their only reasonable killing power is in gfist.  As a sura, they all of a sudden have actual AOE spells that allow them to lvl and be more than a one trick pony.

What wasn't remotely good about renewal is gear requiring +12 or higher upgrades to be useful, all the extra nonsense for upgrading.  The exp penalty forcing you into crappy maps instead of allowing you to AOE farm what's reasonable to kill.  Gramps being the only real way to lvl for many many levels.

#16 Litao

Litao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Hmm, i think people that are playing restart likes the idea that its not classic and is enjoying the current middle ground. Or else theyd be playing renewal for all the updates and 3rd classes.

#17 kuryeh

kuryeh

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:15 PM

Having options is great, just like if there was a middle ground server that uses renewal mechanics without being renewal.

Just pointing out that the long term plan of restart server doesnt make sense. Its just another renewal.

advance in time (giving us content) and make the necessary adaptations [2]

I understand your point and I agree with it, make the restart just one more renewal like everyone else is also far from ideal, at the same time, leave it as it is now ... well, I do not even need to comment.

#18 Litao

Litao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

advance in time (giving us content) and make the necessary adaptations [2]

I understand your point and I agree with it, make the restart just one more renewal like everyone else is also far from ideal, at the same time, leave it as it is now ... well, I do not even need to comment.

Well ofc add new updates to the highest available content befire renewal over time would be nice, but im starting to think that the real appeal of restart seems to be that, a new beginning, but based on what everyone is saying, perhaps that can be had with a new renewal server

#19 Litao

Litao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

They could also make updates unique this middle ground server, giving classes the skills they need to succeed such as a aoe skill for sura or whatever have you.

This should bring new life to the game other than just pushing for 3rd class

Edit: Champion

Edited by Litao, 23 January 2019 - 04:21 PM.

#20 kuryeh

kuryeh

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

restart was supposed to be progressive, but what's the point of being a progressive server for 100 ~ 200 players?

They could also make updates unique this middle ground server, giving classes the skills they need to succeed such as a aoe skill for sura or whatever have you.

This should bring new life to the game other than just pushing for 3rd class

Edit: Champion

we can have the features of the live server (dungeons, skills, classes, equips ..), with buffed mvps (with low vit ratios),with new mechanics, certain banned cards, different exp table, changing areas (as Wynd presented).

there is a lot that could be done to make this server "not just another renewal", but I do not think even the company cares about this server anymore

Edited by kuryeh, 23 January 2019 - 04:32 PM.

#21 Litao

Litao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:33 PM

I guess lets face it, this is a dying game and the real question that most people would ask is how do we revive the game to become at least a little more popular than it is now and bring some players that have gone to private servers or etc back.

The short answer is you don't.  You don't waste any money or effort doing that, that is a waste of time.  It makes more sense to make a new game.RO2, but an actual successor, not a WoW clone wannabe fail.

However, if there was something we could do to revive the game, maybe:

1.Continue with updates that bring new features classes/new skills for current classes, quests that give players a reason to do them other than just being a dungeon unlocker.

2. Reduce p2w to a minimum or just implement subscription and remove all p2w ( probably a very bad idea since the population that plays this game is too small and that would reduce it further by limiting players who cannot or will not spend real money ).

3.Create new unique servers, a sort of twist such as what i suggested with a middle ground server with updates and features / skills.

Im sure there are many other ideas that are not mentioned here.

I dunno, but all this is just what im thinking because straight up restart makes no sense.  its like watching a movie over again after you've already seen it many times but lets just go ahead and play it again.

#22 de1ls0n

de1ls0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

can coming soon costume: googles (+30% exp when kill any monster) ?

#23 kuryeh

kuryeh

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

Nevermind, let's just play ragnarok mobile.

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:06 PM

Fixing an issue with the event headgear that caused characters to walk in bullet time. Unfortunately the rest of the game world used normal time.

#25 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

I guess lets face it, this is a dying game and the real question that most people would ask is how do we revive the game to become at least a little more popular than it is now and bring some players that have gone to private servers or etc back.

The short answer is you don't.  You don't waste any money or effort doing that, that is a waste of time.  It makes more sense to make a new game.RO2, but an actual successor, not a WoW clone wannabe fail.

However, if there was something we could do to revive the game, maybe:

1.Continue with updates that bring new features classes/new skills for current classes, quests that give players a reason to do them other than just being a dungeon unlocker.

2. Reduce p2w to a minimum or just implement subscription and remove all p2w ( probably a very bad idea since the population that plays this game is too small and that would reduce it further by limiting players who cannot or will not spend real money ).

3.Create new unique servers, a sort of twist such as what i suggested with a middle ground server with updates and features / skills.

Im sure there are many other ideas that are not mentioned here.

I dunno, but all this is just what im thinking because straight up restart makes no sense.  its like watching a movie over again after you've already seen it many times but lets just go ahead and play it again.

Move woe to a more suitable times for the current player timezones who are still playing. In WoE there is like 40~ ppl playing, yet, they decide everyone has to play either at 3am-7am (asia / australia) - or (10am-2pm) which is working time / too early / breakfast / lunch / family time for most of the people in USA/LATAM.

Edited by Panteperu, 23 January 2019 - 05:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users