January 23rd Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 23rd Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#26 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:thor

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:16 PM

i hope the lunar event is not the same of last event were there is a instance dungeon and hard hitting boss...

#27 Cordite

Cordite

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

Servers are now open, thank you for your patience and understanding.

#28 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

I guess lets face it, this is a dying game and the real question that most people would ask is how do we revive the game to become at least a little more popular than it is now and bring some players that have gone to private servers or etc back.

The short answer is you don't.  You don't waste any money or effort doing that, that is a waste of time.  It makes more sense to make a new game.RO2, but an actual successor, not a WoW clone wannabe fail.

However, if there was something we could do to revive the game, maybe:

1.Continue with updates that bring new features classes/new skills for current classes, quests that give players a reason to do them other than just being a dungeon unlocker.

2. Reduce p2w to a minimum or just implement subscription and remove all p2w ( probably a very bad idea since the population that plays this game is too small and that would reduce it further by limiting players who cannot or will not spend real money ).

3.Create new unique servers, a sort of twist such as what i suggested with a middle ground server with updates and features / skills.

Im sure there are many other ideas that are not mentioned here.

I dunno, but all this is just what im thinking because straight up restart makes no sense.  its like watching a movie over again after you've already seen it many times but lets just go ahead and play it again.

Easy things could be done to maintain/recruit more players.  For example i have asked for months about WOE agits being reduced.  Right now there are more agits than there are players in woe.  Why do we need 20 agits in 4 cities when theres not enough people on to allow for a battle in more than 1 castle at a time?  Most weeks i see some new or returning player checking out woe.  They run into me and they ask where are all the players, why are all the castles empty and i never see them again.  If there was less agits so people were always running into each other regardless of what castle they go into it would not give these people a sense that the server is a total ghost town.  They could atleast have woe to look forward to and enjoy.  It's not fun warping around for 15min to find a cluster of 3 people trying to break barricades or emps in empty castles.  This is why people quit n say screw this.

Then look how BGs are handled....  They put them in when diablous gear/valk gear is obtainable. With gear thats substantially worse than the gear already available.  No one with valk/diablous gear is going to care about any of the current rewards. The only people getting any sort of benefit from this are ninjas since they cant equip trans gear and max hp = damage for them.  Everyone else did it to get accessories n quit.  No weekly/monthly or new items period.  No KVM gear that would be actual upgrades, no consumables that are priced reasonably enough to make people want them n so on.

This isn't anything crazy hard to change either.  They can add these dumb fin ears to the silvervine NPC, why can't something be added to the BG one to ensure it remains active and why can't they disable portals to agits n atleast test what i've been proposing for months to see if its an improvement?  Other servers i have played with lower pop had maybe 2 or 4 agits enabled and it ensured woe was still fun.

#29 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

Move woe to a more suitable times for the current player timezones who are still playing. In WoE there is like 40~ ppl playing, yet, they decide everyone has to play either at 3am-7am (asia / australia) - or (10am-2pm) which is working time / too early / breakfast / lunch / family time for most of the people in USA/LATAM.

When are you proposing it's moved to?  If it's that time for people in other areas i would assume you are suggesting in the very least 6 hours earlier or 8 hours later than it currently is which alienates those of us currently woeing.  I'm not gonna woe at 6am my time and most people that currently woe wouldnt do it either.  Shouldn't be shuffling time around, should be reducing agits n making woe enjoyable again.

#30 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

Monster Tokens Event - where is the npc?

#31 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

Monster Tokens Event - where is the npc?

Aldebaran Kafra Headquarter i think

#32 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

Aldebaran Kafra Headquarter i think

KEXMSlw.png

Thanks.

#33 Sumayks

Sumayks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:39 AM

How do I get the monster token?

#34 Sumayks

Sumayks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:39 AM

taking advantage of the discussion about the server being dead, I will also give my opinion.
What the adms pass us, is that they are no longer interested in this server, we do not see any kind of advertisement or event for new players that really attract them.
In my opinion I see this as the best official ragnarok server in its configurations, I like to have no ice barrier on some MvP maps, for example. But some things could be revised, str and int do not make any difference to atk and atkm respectively ... I kill MvPs with my HW which has 1 int and strips 5% less than an HW with 99 int, does not make sense for me.
But one idea I have is that the Brazilian population like this server, now that the portal warp is responsible for the BRO, it could launch advertisements and a patch with option to translate, I'm sure that several would play here and would like.
An important point is to have a way, as the eden equips quests for beginners would already be very good, for beginners. The market prices are hyper-inflated, it does not have as a player to start from 0 and manage to equip well to start running behind their equipment.
the game is massive, there are no people to kill stronger MvPs or to make ET, examples .. drastic changes are needed as soon as possible.

#35 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:22 AM

What exactly does the lunar festival give, a pig hat?  What does this pig hat do?  Also what is the jump event?

As for the discussion, it's sad because people come back to see if the server improved.  They want it to improve and they want to play but they come back n see nothing has changed.  They goto the map people suggest(porcelios) theres lvl 99 trans that are still being botted for w/e reason that somehow lasted there long enough to 99 on porcelios without being banned(if you do basic math on this its mind blowing how long they have been there).  Theres many many other bots there.  Battlegrounds are empty since theres no meaningful rewards after getting accessories, woe is empty because most people dont find it fun waiting 30-45min just to be in one fight that lasts 30 seconds because theres so many agits its impossible to find people to actually pvp against.  You go into eden group and its people with S< chats up that want hundreds of dollars of silvervine for an item.

I realize all of this can't be policed by the GMs, like the greedy idiots with chats up demanding 200$ worth of silvervine for a diablous ring or w/e but alot of this can be handled.  It's truly sad to me that people think playing for months n months on here to try to sell a MVP card to someone for hundreds is a viable job and its also sad to me that these people have been allowed to stay here doing this nonsense.  Any sort of RMT need to be taken alot more seriously n dealt with.  Kids have been running around with purchased eddga, samurai spectre, hatii n such for months and nothing was done about it.  The porcelio thing is easily handled, any time you see a trans char above 75 at porcelios this should be a red flag to check them.  5 seconds of watching these clowns and its apparent its a bot.  Half of them are running around divested with no weapon punching stuff for days straight.

Camp can we get updated/changing rewards for battlegrounds?  Why not add something cool n new every once in a while to inspire people to go back into them to earn it?  Or add some sort of special BG event that provides something.  There are many ways to handle this and breathe new life into BGs.

Woe i said many times, wake up n realize this is a low pop server, do what many private servers have had enough sense to do and reduce the agits to create actual pvp battles in the pvp event.

Edited by Wyndor, 24 January 2019 - 10:40 AM.

#36 de1ls0n

de1ls0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

MERGE WHITH RENEWAL OR CHAOS .... PLS !!!

#37 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:52 AM

MERGE WHITH RENEWAL OR CHAOS .... PLS !!!

So we can all be at the mercy of guilds that have had 10+ years to collect MVP cards n god items on multiple servers that all ended up merged, all while god items havent even been enabled on here yet .  No thanks ill pass.

Serious question though @camp

When are slotted sunnies coming, i think you waited long enough to add this zeny sink.

#38 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

Is this monster token drop chance a joke? Might as well remove the 20 hour limit considering no one outside of botters will collect over 50 in that amount of time. I'll be shocked if I even have enough to attempt an upgrade every 3 days...

Feels alot like boo cards. Ridiculously awful drop rate, let's hope a large portion of the event isn't wasted before something is done.

Edited by Wyndor, 24 January 2019 - 01:28 PM.

#39 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:01 PM

How long will the Monster Token Event last?

Will the Costume Eat Coin description be updated with any effects it might have?

#40 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

does anyone who have anodyn item ? if you have then please sell it to me with a reasonable prize , ive been grinding 3 hours my back is hurting me :sob:

#41 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

does anyone who have anodyn item ? if you have then please sell it to me with a reasonable prize , ive been grinding 3 hours my back is hurting me :sob:

I got one you can have. I'm in pront near the south Kafra if you want to come get it.

#42 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

I got one you can have. I'm in pront near the south Kafra if you want to come get it.

thank you wait sir

#43 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

For anyone doing Lunar Event, I could be wrong, but Savage don't drop Anodyne on RE:Start like it does on Renewal. Easiest place to obtain it is probably from Pest (probably can grab one in less than 5-10 minutes).

#44 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

What exactly does the lunar festival give?

#45 AreaCode562

AreaCode562

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:38 PM

Events

• Monster Tokens Event starts
    • New Event Reward: Daily ore-free refine attempt using Monster Tokens and Zeny. Maximum refine obtainable from this method is +7. Item will not break or degrade from this refine NPC. Can only be performed once every 20 hours. NPC located in Al De Baran (aldeba_in 99 164).

KEXMSlw.png

Thanks.

Is it +7 or +6? I'm confused.  :hmm:

#46 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:49 PM

For anyone doing Lunar Event, I could be wrong, but Savage don't drop Anodyne on RE:Start like it does on Renewal. Easiest place to obtain it is probably from Pest (probably can grab one in less than 5-10 minutes).

yeah I follow in the db iro renewal silly me, but before i do that i hunt on turtle island and fight pest but i got mob those dragon fly so I changed my spot, anyway thx sir you save me a lot XD

#47 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

Is it +7 or +6? I'm confused.  :hmm:

It means the highest upgraded item the npc will take and attempt to upgrade further is +6 (+6 to +7), it won't take anything above +6 because then it would be +7 to +8.

#48 AreaCode562

AreaCode562

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Oh got it.

Edited by AreaCode562, 25 January 2019 - 05:44 AM.

#49 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:11 PM

So i glanced over the renewal thread and if i read what some people were saying correctly they have the option of using monster tokens OR zeny and it has no cooldown?  Is this correct that they can just sit there spamming 200k zeny(i think someone said that price) and we are stuck farming monster tokens at a trash drop rate with a 20 hour cooldown......

This servers zeny is so inflated it's nuts and somehow that server gets a zeny sink before us?  We still didn't get slotted sunnies zeny sink and now another opportunity is wasted?

#50 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

So i glanced over the renewal thread and if i read what some people were saying correctly they have the option of using monster tokens OR zeny and it has no cooldown?  Is this correct that they can just sit there spamming 200k zeny(i think someone said that price) and we are stuck farming monster tokens at a trash drop rate with a 20 hour cooldown......

Checking with the staff, they informed me that both servers Renewal and Re:Start have the same event setup. The only difference is highest refine available and cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users