Jumping janeway tip - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Jumping janeway tip

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#26 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

Ah being at job level 21 and talking to her, only gets you to 62. At least that was the case for me.

#27 DVchan

DVchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Ah being at job level 21 and talking to her, only gets you to 62. At least that was the case for me.

Being at job 21 got me to job 67...

#28 PokeDemon

PokeDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

i9FkOi2.jpg
d9fmB45.jpg

GET  QUEST WITH DORAM FOR DONT WIN REWARD!

Edited by PokeDemon, 25 January 2019 - 05:14 PM.

#29 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:06 PM

Being at job 21 got me to job 67...

Weird, I guess I can just leech myself or whatever, totally beats gambling over and over to get to 70, lol!

Edit: Don't worry I'm just making characters for cosmetic purposes, not instance stuff.

Edited by DarkOrinus, 25 January 2019 - 06:07 PM.

#30 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:28 PM

i9FkOi2.jpg
d9fmB45.jpg

GET  QUEST WITH DORAM FOR DONT WIN REWARD!

So you were able to get counts for savage but not for Kapha? What happens when you speak to Janeway?

#31 gnog

gnog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

updating: I got to job 70 using the free bm you get from eden npc, VIP exp bonus and donating 50% base exp to a guild. I thought that each job exp tick was large enough to give the most exp possible. Anyway, besides VIP exp bonus, the other two modifiers (not sure if the guild one really matters) are easily obtainable ingame.

#32 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

Next maintenance Janeway will receive the following updates

Janeway will now check job level separately from base level when determining if she needs to help a player jump.
Janeway will now goto job 70 for trans second class characters
Janeway will ignore third class characters including Extended Third Class (This is due to the first change. Currently they can't get anything from her due to base level.)

#33 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

Janeway will now check job level separately from base level when determining if she needs to help a player jump.
Janeway will ignore third class characters including Extended Third Class (This is due to the first change. Currently they can't get anything from her due to base level.)

Sorry, what about the ones that have already claimed their last kill count? Will it refresh via checking job level?

#34 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:59 PM

Sorry, what about the ones that have already claimed their last kill count? Will it refresh via checking job level?

Yes,

Currently shes checking only base level which is why some characters are ending up with 99/10. After the next maintenance she will check
Current
If (Quest==finish) & (BaseLevel < 99)
[
Award Base EXP
Award Job EXP
]

Updated
If (Quest==finish) & (BaseLevel < 99) & (Job != Third Class)
[
Award Base EXP
]
If (Quest==finish) & (JobLevel < 70) & (Job != Third Class)
[
Award Job EXP
]

#35 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Yes,

Currently shes checking only base level which is why some characters are ending up with 99/10. After the next maintenance she will check
Current
[
Award Base EXP
Award Job EXP
]

Updated
[
Award Base EXP
]
[
Award Job EXP
]

Thank you! 

#36 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

Can you make it check if the class is supernovice and set it's job to 99? since they are the only class to go to that job level.

#37 8018131218085257527

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

Thanks Camp!

#38 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • LocationVancouver (British Columbia)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:56 PM

When you transcend, get to 70/1 on 2nd job and instead of talking to her again to get 99, grind elsewhere until job 21. Then you return to her and get 99/70.

updating: I got to job 70 using the free bm you get from eden npc, VIP exp bonus and donating 50% base exp to a guild. I thought that each job exp tick was large enough to give the most exp possible. Anyway, besides VIP exp bonus, the other two modifiers (not sure if the guild one really matters) are easily obtainable ingame.

as someone said, when you reborn, get job lvl 10 as novice, change to 1st job, then talk to janeway until you get to lvl 70, change to 2nd job, get to job lvl 21 and return to janeway. probably using only the free BM does the job to get you to lvl 70.

I don't get it 

#39 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:34 AM

how about make level 99/50's this week. dont do the trans janeway quest yet then wait next week and just talk to janeway?

#40 PokeDemon

PokeDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:39 AM

So you were able to get counts for savage but not for Kapha? What happens when you speak to Janeway?

The NPC give the quest for me(doram)but dorams complete the quest and the npc send us for next  quest withdout give to doram any experiece for all quest.

in short, npc does not allow you to deliver the quest and gain experience. Just send you to the next quest.

Edited by PokeDemon, 26 January 2019 - 05:41 AM.

#41 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:09 AM

Hey Campitor, could you change janeway to be a one-click npc? Doing those quests is so slowwwww, it takes more than 40 minutes to get to 99. It would be cool if we could just click her and get to 99 instantly.

#42 Gynvael

Gynvael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:03 AM

I have a Paladins 99/1 now :(, what a waste of time. So i can't delete him cuz im not vip hahaha

Edited by Gynvael, 26 January 2019 - 09:04 AM.

#43 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

Hey Campitor, could you change janeway to be a one-click npc? Doing those quests is so slowwwww, it takes more than 40 minutes to get to 99. It would be cool if we could just click her and get to 99 instantly.

Is that sarcasm or are you for real?

#44 lordzarif

lordzarif

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

I have a Paladins 99/1 now :(, what a waste of time. So i can't delete him cuz im not vip hahaha

i think we can wait for next maint for job exp.. :rice:

Is that sarcasm or are you for real?

i also asking the same question..40min lvling from novice to trans 99 is already too good..

#45 Driftlock

Driftlock

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

I've never done the event for Janeway, but wanted to get a merchant. What am I missing here? She sends you to kill skeletons and zombies and they absolutely destroy you.

#46 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

I've never done the event for Janeway, but wanted to get a merchant. What am I missing here? She sends you to kill skeletons and zombies and they absolutely destroy you.

you can choose to party up with people, or grind a bit to get the skills you need in order to kill them. you may check the database for equipment you could buy off npc's or ragial for vends. that's if you're new.

she's on for a good week or two so you could make it a time allotment to finish those errands in quite a while, a good alternative than having to go through so much more i'd say.

#47 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

i am so lost... i followed the guide and when i went to get the last quest it just gave me the EXP and i went to 99/50 i didn't even go kill anything...

hopefully we can get a job level quest update

#48 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

i am so lost... i followed the guide and when i went to get the last quest it just gave me the EXP and i went to 99/50 i didn't even go kill anything...

hopefully we can get a job level quest update

camp says next maintenance, itll be patched up. if you've read the talk of the town, i believe 50% guild taxing your character would make you job 70.

Edited by DarkOrinus, 26 January 2019 - 10:41 PM.

#49 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:08 PM

After next maintenance, what happens to the characters that ended up 99/1-ish because of Janeway's faulty configuration? Will they be turned into 99/max job lv or will they be left crying? 

#50 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:17 PM

Yes,

Current
[
Award Base EXP
Award Job EXP
]

Updated
[
Award Base EXP
]
[
Award Job EXP
]

After next maintenance, what happens to the characters that ended up 99/1-ish because of Janeway's faulty configuration? Will they be turned into 99/max job lv or will they be left crying? 

If we go by the logic he posted it says...

Right now it says if you have finished the quest and your base level is less than 99, give the player base and job experience.

The new version will work like so...

If you have finished the quest and your base level is less than 99 AND you are not a third class (or third class expanded) then keep giving base experience until you are level 99.

Also it goes on to say, if your job level is less than 70 AND you are not a third class (or third class expanded) then keep giving job experience until you are level 70.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users