Enchant Deadly Poison Changes (Renewal) - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Enchant Deadly Poison Changes (Renewal)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 AdvancedWPUser

AdvancedWPUser

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

After watching Munbalance's latest video (Title: Ragnarok Online | 1st & 2nd Job SKILL UPDATE | Munbalance, Time: 14:11) on kRO update, it got me extremely worried.

That kRO update won't be coming here, RIGHT?!

Edited by AdvancedWPUser, 06 February 2019 - 05:27 PM.

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

Don't post private server stuff.

But yes, eventually EDP will be changed to be 3x damage and not 4x in terms of it's generic increase. We won't see it for some time.

#3 AdvancedWPUser

AdvancedWPUser

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

Don't post private server stuff.

But yes, eventually EDP will be changed to be 3x damage and not 4x in terms of it's generic increase. We won't see it for some time.

Well, I didn't link to it (don't know any other YouTuber that's up to date on Ragnarok Online content, so suggest to me one) and besides I was talking about kRO update.

Also, if that nerf do comes here. It would probably be the day that I quit, enough said.

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Well, I didn't link to it (don't know any other YouTuber that's up to date on Ragnarok Online content, so suggest to me one) and besides I was talking about kRO update.

Also, if that nerf do comes here. It would probably be the day that I quit, enough said.

Yeah, but Munbalance is a well known streamer for the server that shall not be named, Cinnamon still will probably do something.

It's not a big nerf to EDP, it reduces 2 of the 4 modifiers to 3/4 of their current strength. It also increases the duration of EDP by quite a lot so it balances it out rather nicely imo.

#5 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:28 PM

It's not fully a nerf, but a change. Honestly, GX has the highest physical DPS in this game with at least 3-4x higher than the second best class so even with the EDP change he is still way up there as the highest DPS using frenzy.

The difference is that the playstyles will get some change as not only is EDP changed, many skills and interactions are also changed.  Example, cross impact will no longer be halved when using EDP so the damage will be retardedly high, and at the same time, Sonic blow bcomes this monster skill that does a lot more damage to monsters with less than half HP (also no halved mod). There will be a lot more variety to the class instead of spamming just RC/CRS and crit with frenzy. I can see cross impact build becoming a lot more popular.

However, for those with JDR, worry not since the no CD 7000% cross ripper slash with EDP and 70% atk JDR will still be king even when EDP becomes x3 instead of 4.  IRO have the strongest version of katar GX amongst all server because of the cross implementation of Dogtag with kRO JDR (300 base atk) instead of jRO JDR (140 base atk).

#6 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

Good thing about this update is that Cross Impact will get buffed, making  it more relevant since making a Cross Impact build is not really that expensive and outputs a lot of damage thanks to Dark Claw.  The only thing that could out dps CI + DC in a 1 vs 1 scenario is GX with LK.

Also, this is the current situation of GX thanks to JDR:

Where Gilgamesh is GX, EA is JDR  and Rider and his crew are all ragnarok's content. This nerf is insignificant based on the current power level.

Edited by Valtios, 31 January 2019 - 08:19 AM.

#7 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:39 AM

But, but Gilgamesh is Archerrrrrr.

XD

#8 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

But, but Gilgamesh is Archerrrrrr.

XD

We could say that gates of Babylon are daggers from CRS flying out lol.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:29 AM

Soul Destroyer btw

#10 Shinoru

Shinoru

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:IRO CHAOS

Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

Valtios what is your opinion on the possible change of playstyle in bio5 for GXs? Crs will no longer one shot some mobs with minimal spins (chen, seyren, and trentini) the speeds will be slower significantly and we can't approach swarms as easily. It's going to be more difficult. Will this happen? If yes do you like it?

#11 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

I'm sure by the time this change ever comes near us we'll have a bunch of stuff that buffs damage even higher/more, nevermind just outright higher level cap. 

#12 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:26 AM

Valtios what is your opinion on the possible change of playstyle in bio5 for GXs? Crs will no longer one shot some mobs with minimal spins (chen, seyren, and trentini) the speeds will be slower significantly and we can't approach swarms as easily. It's going to be more difficult. Will this happen? If yes do you like it?

As other said, OCP gears will cover this damage loss.

For example:
Abyss ring (accessory) will boost your rc/CRS approx 50% (don't remember the exact number) at level 175. So the EDP nerf won't affect much.

Since I'm not good at math, kindly please advise me, ty.

Edited by CKDD, 03 February 2019 - 02:26 AM.

#13 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:42 PM

It will still be the same, instead of using 1 spin to kill, maybe 2 or 3 will be sufficient. To put it in perspective, my 1 spin CRS is hitting around 3m. What this update could do is to enable CI to one shot as well.

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:31 AM

All people need to do is read the description of the change and they will -_- themselves as to what occurs.

#15 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:06 AM

I watched the assassin segment of said video and in it he contradicts what Sigma has posted regarding EDP, btw. 

Though if the video maker is correct about meteor assault's skill formula being raised to 1,400% then LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

I watched the assassin segment of said video and in it he contradicts what Sigma has posted regarding EDP, btw. 

Though if the video maker is correct about meteor assault's skill formula being raised to 1,400% then LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

If it is Munbalance then don't take much from it.

The kRO changes were simple, reduce weapon and eatk boosts from 400% to 300%. Increase the duration and remove the negative multipliers from existing skills such as Cross Impact, Meteor Assault, Soul Destroyer and Sonic Blow etc.

#17 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

Yep. 

The only thing is he mentioned that Meteor Assault's skill formula is boosted to 1,400%. Sigma's translation lists that it's formula is "changed" and that damage is boosted by STR and Level.

Assuming the change is 440% -> 1,400% then suddenly enforcer shoes are gonna be king again, assuming Mun's notes are reflective of kRO changes and not whatever bastardization takes place on non-official servers. 

Tho I guess it will come at the cost of only being able to use it twice a second due to the new cooldown. 

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

3x less spam for over 3,4,5,whatever times more damage per use is very well worth it

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

When it comes to the server that shall not be named, everything they do is "kRO official" until they change it. Most of the changes they make are at face value, since it literally involves them looking at the perceived changes and implementing them on their end to reflect them.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 04 February 2019 - 02:52 PM.

#20 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:50 PM

3x less spam for over 3,4,5,whatever times more damage per use is very well worth it

More accessible too, since optimizing it won't be dependent on fixed cast time reduction and aftercast delay. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 04 February 2019 - 06:11 PM.

#21 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:11 PM

New Meteor Assault formula what Munbalance mentioned is true.

New skill formula is 200+(120xskill level)%Atk.

Sonic Blow formula also be changed.

: 200+(100xskill level)%Atk.

#22 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

-_- kek, MA gonna do over 1m per hit now.

#23 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:31 PM

New Meteor Assault formula what Munbalance mentioned is true.

New skill formula is 200+(120xskill level)%Atk.

Sonic Blow formula also be changed.

: 200+(100xskill level)%Atk.

Glorious dynamic GX meta continues it's wonderful roller-coaster ride of ups and downs. 

#24 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:47 PM

Glorious dynamic GX meta continues it's wonderful roller-coaster ride of ups and downs. 

Yes since KRO also released new pair of daggers for MA build.

#25 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:59 PM

What dagger is that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users