• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 gengki08

gengki08

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:51 AM

What are your thoughts about this? I lol'ed when I saw the recent woe videos, almost every player in the map is color black  :heh:  like seriously?  :heh:  everyone can now cloak?  :heh:  what's next? everyone can use Cart boost? even without cart? just need to upgrade gear past +12?  :heh:

I wonder what's the direction of the management team or iRO? to suffer the same fate as ROSE online? 

I think their job is to bring players back not to push them away.

#2 JapzPogi

JapzPogi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:03 AM

I dont know if this part of their WOE revitalization.Hahahaa

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:11 AM

It stems down to WP not knowing what items do/can do. You could explain to them the harm, but at this point there is no reason too. Too much has already come in and more will continue to follow. All we can do is adapt.

#4 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:15 AM

they allow the stupidest gamebreaking crap to be used in woe. it's not a problem to have these gears for pvm/mvp 'cause we love that stuff, but a large part of the population that usually winds up quitting comes from the woe kids' side of RO due to their frustration w/ all of the OP gear that just shouldn't even be allowed there.

they're lucky as hell they finally made a right choice about the nature dress being disabled in TE, or they'd have likely lost another good chunk of the population there too.

i heavily wonder why its taken so long for decision makers to understand this simple concept... but getting one shotted takes away any fun there might be in woe, just like on the pvm side, when you can one-shot everything is still gets boring after a while. when everyone one shots, when everyone cloaks, when everyone is OP.. isn't it just a stand-still? how is there fun in knowing you can one shot everyone without a challenge? and how is it considered fun to walk into woe and get nothing but one shotted so all you're really doing is running through portals and wasting supplies the entire time for no reason at all?

i see camp trying to come around to the light side a bit more since he's taken over oda's position, but i still see some looming presence above him that only sees money and fails, miserably, to see the connecting details that keep a healthy gaming population thriving; simple concepts that any present gamer within the community would understand relatively easy.  

#5 sylwen

sylwen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:57 AM

i personally like it, i dont use cloak, but it forces people to wear MP, pretty much if you dont, your in for a surprise :D

#6 MrNaise

MrNaise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:10 AM

MM should have a downside on using it when in WoE, at least. Like how Nature Dress which makes you prone to Fire Attacks. Having to watch out cloak GX is already a pain what more a cloaked  :ph34r: RGs or  :ph34r: RKs.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:16 AM

except ppl don't use MM :T

#8 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

You would think they care. After making Gioia available in PvM, everything at this point is possible. New gears just always bring changes to game. Players just have to adapt or move on. Personally I dont like how Camp put Gioia in Xmas lab, so I just quit WoE because I think making Gioia available to PvM was just dumb. Of course, there are ways to kill counter Gioia(s)  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Now the more serious part starts here. Are you sure you want to talk about Clocking? I mean, since you WoE, there is a very high chance that you and every damage class also use "Shield spell", a skill that belongs to RG. If they were to nerf Clocking in Mysterious muffler, I'd like to see the same thing happen to Shield spell in Royal Guard shield and Dispel in Eye of illusion, for a sake of consistency and fairness.

Get to the point though, gears that allow players to use a specific skill is not new. I also lol'ed every time I see non-RG classes use "Shield spell" outside and inside WoE castles (I actually still lol when I see it). Same thing to Dispel which should only belong to Sorcs but now it is available to everyone to use. 

Edited by nyyaan, 10 February 2019 - 01:50 PM.

#9 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:10 PM

Eventually we will just have gear that lets you be every class all at once and have access to every single skill in the game, lol.

#10 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:32 PM

B>GM ahura mazda to avoid one shot

#11 gengki08

gengki08

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:25 AM

You would think they care. After making Gioia available in PvM, everything at this point is possible. New gears just always bring changes to game. Players just have to adapt or move on. Personally I dont like how Camp put Gioia in Xmas lab, so I just quit WoE because I think making Gioia available to PvM was just dumb. Of course, there are ways to kill counter Gioia(s) :heh: :heh: :heh:

Now the more serious part starts here. Are you sure you want to talk about Clocking? I mean, since you WoE, there is a very high chance that you and every damage class also use "Shield spell", a skill that belongs to RG. If they were to nerf Clocking in Mysterious muffler, I'd like to see the same thing happen to Shield spell in Royal Guard shield and Dispel in Eye of illusion, for a sake of consistency and fairness.

Get to the point though, gears that allow players to use a specific skill is not new. I also lol'ed every time I see non-RG classes use "Shield spell" outside and inside WoE castles (I actually still lol when I see it). Same thing to Dispel which should only belong to Sorcs but now it is available to everyone to use.

Shield spell takes time to get what specific buffs you want so maybe that one we can compromise, dispel for the eye of illusion, yes i want it nerfed as well! It makes all gene a sorce.

Going back, cloaking is a different story, as it immobilizes you from almost all the possible damage dealing actions, specially if the target has no means of revealing you.

They need to add new gears to change the gameplay, not to ruin the game XD

And yes all we can say is players needs to adapt, but who will adapt if there's no players left? Thor only has 200 population (from almost 1k back then) not to mention the vendors and pubs, so technicaly its more or less a hundred real humans playing, server is dying, isnt this alarming to the management? Or they rather focus on ROM? And close the legacy game forever -_-, in this case there is no reason to top up.

#12 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:58 AM

I laugh at the rk rg and sura that are 24/7 cloak in combat

Where is the pride in that :heh: situational cloaking is fine but all the time? Lol?

#13 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:21 AM

Where is the pride in that :heh: situational cloaking is fine but all the time? Lol?

now now, we came from a server where sinx card was available to almost everyone. i believe it isn't much of a shocker as the first time

#14 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:48 AM

Shield spell takes time to get what specific buffs you want so maybe that one we can compromise, dispel for the eye of illusion, yes i want it nerfed as well! It makes all gene a sorce.

Going back, cloaking is a different story, as it immobilizes you from almost all the possible damage dealing actions, specially if the target has no means of revealing you.

And yes all we can say is players needs to adapt, but who will adapt if there's no players left? Thor only has 200 population (from almost 1k back then) not to mention the vendors and pubs, so technicaly its more or less a hundred real humans playing, server is dying, isnt this alarming to the management? Or they rather focus on ROM? And close the legacy game forever -_-, in this case there is no reason to top up.

Shield spell takes time to get a specific buff for non-RG classes, does this mean we should make RG be able to choose a specific buff because originally Shield spell is a RG skill. You’re missing the point. The point is Cloaking being available to non-GX classes is not new.

And please RoM is a joke too. It is a PvM game. I’ve seen WoE videos. It’s just lagging and not to mention, you get to have 5 hotkeys only. 2 hotkeys are dedicated for pots and buff food. Now only 3 hotkeys left for gears switching. You May say use macro? That’s noob then because some people don’t use macro to gear switching. What I’m saying is people trying to be competitive in RoM is just hilarious. I play RoM casually because hat is what roM is about. So don’t worry. “WoE competitive” folks who left RO to play RoM will probably get bored eventually. I mean, I never played SEA RoM. I’m playing Global for the first time and now I’m level 92 Paladin, Adventure class B (max level) within one month lol

But being said, it’s Thor server. Change what you’ve gotta do. Thouuu I agree that new gears should bring more people not to push them away but what do you want WP to do? I can give a very good example of Gioia. Some people were unhappy and quit while some people were happy with it. Point marked here again, there will always be happy and unhappy players.

Edited by nyyaan, 11 February 2019 - 09:06 AM.

#15 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:04 AM

I would do that too if Suras don’t use Maya P and Rewuch lol

#16 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

Shield Spell being available to all classes is not a big deal.

Just compare your damage before and after the buff, there is not a game changing difference since BIO5 & OCP gears already made every class' damage really high.

Cloak lvl 3 to all class is a big deal. If you PvP a lot, you would know how valuable this skill is.
And yes, it's not just about hiding yourself while being able to walk, it's also about preventing yourself from being sniped, especially the super annoying 10 cells range Fiber Lock.
Plus the fact that using speed potion gets rid of the walking penalty from the skill.

A few class like Sorc and DB RK couldn't care less about cloak, but most classes would have to reveal you in close range just to be able to touch you.

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

I would call 150 EATK buff a big deal.

#18 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:56 AM

It's all about the money. Profit first. Deal with problems later. Guess what? The problems have piled up to no point of return. Enjoy the game while it last folks.

#19 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:27 PM

You would think they care. After making Gioia available in PvM, everything at this point is possible. New gears just always bring changes to game. Players just have to adapt or move on. Personally I dont like how Camp put Gioia in Xmas lab, so I just quit WoE because I think making Gioia available to PvM was just dumb. Of course, there are ways to kill counter Gioia(s)  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Get to the point though, gears that allow players to use a specific skill is not new. I also lol'ed every time I see non-RG classes use "Shield spell" outside and inside WoE castles (I actually still lol when I see it). Same thing to Dispel which should only belong to Sorcs but now it is available to everyone to use. 

Shield spell takes time to get a specific buff for non-RG classes, does this mean we should make RG be able to choose a specific buff because originally Shield spell is a RG skill. You’re missing the point. The point is Cloaking being available to non-GX classes is not new.

And please RoM is a joke too. It is a PvM game. I’ve seen WoE videos. It’s just lagging and not to mention, you get to have 5 hotkeys only. 2 hotkeys are dedicated for pots and buff food. Now only 3 hotkeys left for gears switching. You May say use macro? That’s noob then because some people don’t use macro to gear switching. What I’m saying is people trying to be competitive in RoM is just hilarious. I play RoM casually because hat is what roM is about. So don’t worry. “WoE competitive” folks who left RO to play RoM will probably get bored eventually. I mean, I never played SEA RoM. I’m playing Global for the first time and now I’m level 92 Paladin, Adventure class B (max level) within one month lol

But being said, it’s Thor server. Change what you’ve gotta do. Thouuu I agree that new gears should bring more people not to push them away but what do you want WP to do? I can give a very good example of Gioia. Some people were unhappy and quit while some people were happy with it. Point marked here again, there will always be happy and unhappy players.

Just compare your damage before and after the buff, there is not a game changing difference since BIO5 & OCP gears already made every class' damage really high.

Cloak lvl 3 to all class is a big deal. If you PvP a lot, you would know how valuable this skill is.
And yes, it's not just about hiding yourself while being able to walk, it's also about preventing yourself from being sniped, especially the super annoying 10 cells range Fiber Lock.
Plus the fact that using speed potion gets rid of the walking penalty from the skill.

A few class like Sorc and DB RK couldn't care less about cloak, but most classes would have to reveal you in close range just to be able to touch you.

I would call 150 EATK buff a big deal.

Royal Guard skill [Shield Spell] corrected. When casting the skill and the player removes a piece of equipment, the casting is cancelled. (Mar 4th, 2015)

150 eatk from swapping shield between shield spell skill cast are never meant to be abused by non-RG class through royal guard shield swap, you guys can see above pending patch notes reference from kRO that should due to be implemented in iRO.

#20 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:56 PM

Royal Guard skill [Shield Spell] corrected. When casting the skill and the player removes a piece of equipment, the casting is cancelled. (Mar 4th, 2015)

150 eatk from swapping shield between shield spell skill cast are never meant to be abused by non-RG class through royal guard shield swap, you guys can see above pending patch notes reference from kRO that should due to be implemented in iRO.

Yeah, naturally we are only allowed the 30 ATK given by the shield. Until then we will reap the benefits I guess.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 11 February 2019 - 11:57 PM.

#21 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:08 AM

now now, we came from a server where sinx card was available to almost everyone. i believe it isn't much of a shocker as the first time

Not really a shocker but still weird seeing tanky chars cloak as much or even more than a gx knowing they have multiple ways to live even without it compared to gx which is killable by basically anything that hits

#22 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:12 AM

Not really a shocker but still weird seeing tanky chars cloak as much or even more than a gx knowing they have multiple ways to live even without it compared to gx which is killable by basically anything that hits

preventing is better than curing, why allow yourself to get hit when you can not' be hit at all OwO

#23 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:22 AM

preventing is better than curing, why allow yourself to get hit when you can not' be hit at all OwO

Lol everyone is guerilla now :heh:

#24 gengki08

gengki08

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:07 AM

Huh? what is your point then? What I mean from my point of view is Shield Spell takes time to get what you want, what's the essence of your logic giving the RG its capabilities to choose the buffs they need? XD you're not making any sense or you should rephrase your words.

Yes it is not new ( we are all aware of that -_- ), BUT the point here is, it is not EASY to get, you get my point ? Cloaking is available only via MVP EREMES or Frilldora which you can only use via walls, hello!?!? Ringing bells! -_- the comparison between an MVP card with 0.01 drop rate vs to a gear you should upgrade past certain level.

I'm not talking about ROM in general, I'm only stating my observations since almost all of their updates are on that platform.

Edited by gengki08, 12 February 2019 - 04:13 AM.

#25 gengki08

gengki08

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:08 AM

Plus 1 to this reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users