February 21st Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance - Page 6 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 21st Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#126 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:40 AM

Another thing to inform them about is also the fact that monster tokens are character bound and not storable, tradable or transferable between characters. This sadly has made this event hard and overly time consuming for many since one needs to get hundreds of tokens per character. So the only feasible way to try and make this token event worthwhile is to have all your characters work round the clock on farming the low drop tokens, and then each character take turns trying to upgrade the same item that is not specific to only one or two classes, until it reaches +10. Then repeat . Plus the definition of "instance" is apparently different in Ro vs other mmos, which is odd. Unless you enter into a building or portal that does not specifically take you into " a dungeon" than technically, yes, instances wont have monsters that drop tokens (lol). BUt then I have killed hundreds of porings for my expanded novice quest south of prontera, and have yet to get a monster token, so...the event is kinda broken.  So far I only have crimson knives that can be used by any of my characters for the refine attemps, so I have made many attempts with that across characters , but... its too much of a headache as it fails all the time, so its put me off playing *shrugs *.  However IF you have hours and hours to spend doing this, and dont mind the grind, bon chance to you. Good luck to you ^~^

Edited by DuskShadowX, 25 February 2019 - 01:02 AM.

#127 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

Is it just me or is the server down? D:

(Can anyone link me the thread if there's one?)

@Edit: found it, nvm

Edited by MythicalFox, 25 February 2019 - 09:16 AM.

#128 schwinn

schwinn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:08 PM

When are you going to update Old Card Album and Mythic Card Album? It has been years!

#129 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

there are no updates to them

#130 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:16 PM

Another thing to inform them about is also the fact that monster tokens are character bound and not storable, tradable or transferable between characters. This sadly has made this event hard and overly time consuming for many since one needs to get hundreds of tokens per character. So the only feasible way to try and make this token event worthwhile is to have all your characters work round the clock on farming the low drop tokens, and then each character take turns trying to upgrade the same item that is not specific to only one or two classes, until it reaches +10. Then repeat . Plus the definition of "instance" is apparently different in Ro vs other mmos, which is odd. Unless you enter into a building or portal that does not specifically take you into " a dungeon" than technically, yes, instances wont have monsters that drop tokens (lol). BUt then I have killed hundreds of porings for my expanded novice quest south of prontera, and have yet to get a monster token, so...the event is kinda broken.  So far I only have crimson knives that can be used by any of my characters for the refine attemps, so I have made many attempts with that across characters , but... its too much of a headache as it fails all the time, so its put me off playing *shrugs *.  However IF you have hours and hours to spend doing this, and dont mind the grind, bon chance to you. Good luck to you ^~^

We already have slight increase on the drop rate for the tokens, I think that is good enough? It's already a free safe +10 cert

Edited by 2999140515055616440, 25 February 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#131 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:07 AM

We already have slight increase on the drop rate for the tokens, I think that is good enough? It's already a free safe +10 cert

Well I appreciate your candor, even if I cant tell whether you are a real player or a gm that is getting all sneaky pants on us by having all numbers for a name.

I dont think its enough, though, and its hardly a free event considering the time grinding and the low chance of success.

For instance ( just food for thought):

1) If the drop rate went from the 50% increase they gave, which was nice, to 100%, that would improve ones odds of getting tokens, and people would still have to grind, so it would still be fair.

2) If the tokens could be traded between ones own characters, but still account bound, it would be great, and the once per day attempt would not need to change. It would still be "fairly fair" chance for all.

3) If the success rate of upgrading was like refined ores, instead of normal ores, it would give folks a better chance, not a whole lot, but enough to mean something more substantial, because normal rates are just too tough for most folks to even get to +7 or +8, let alone close to 9 or 10. 

The chance is rough, just the way tis. I had one of three characters try unsuccessfully more than 5 times before giving up on that character. My second character got 1 or 2 refines, but no higher than +7, and my third character got maybe one wep to +7 or +8, but it was mostly through refined ores since they use better rates than the event. That was almost 2 weeks ago, all attempts have been unsuccessful since, because of the normal ore like rates for the event. *shrugs *

4) Proof is in the pudding, at least for me, because after killing hundreds and getting few tokens to make it worth while, I just got too tired of this. PLus after 1000 porings killed for my expanded super novice quest, I got less than 40 tokens. Out of 1000 monsters. *smfh * I laughed than sighed for a while.

So, again, though I appreciate your candor, and the event does seems like a nice gesture,  I am still over it and too tired and saddened that most folks wont get near +10 for any equipment through the event, even with hundreds of tries across all their characters. Everyones individual experience will vary, thats just life. C'est la vie, non? lol. BE well 2999... ^~^ 

Edited by DuskShadowX, 26 February 2019 - 04:15 AM.

#132 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:12 AM

it's a free safe to 10

#133 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:44 AM

Well I appreciate your candor, even if I cant tell whether you are a real player or a gm that is getting all sneaky pants on us by having all numbers for a name.

I dont think its enough, though, and its hardly a free event considering the time grinding and the low chance of success.

For instance ( just food for thought):

1) If the drop rate went from the 50% increase they gave, which was nice, to 100%, that would improve ones odds of getting tokens, and people would still have to grind, so it would still be fair.

2) If the tokens could be traded between ones own characters, but still account bound, it would be great, and the once per day attempt would not need to change. It would still be "fairly fair" chance for all.

3) If the success rate of upgrading was like refined ores, instead of normal ores, it would give folks a better chance, not a whole lot, but enough to mean something more substantial, because normal rates are just too tough for most folks to even get to +7 or +8, let alone close to 9 or 10. 

The chance is rough, just the way tis. I had one of three characters try unsuccessfully more than 5 times before giving up on that character. My second character got 1 or 2 refines, but no higher than +7, and my third character got maybe one wep to +7 or +8, but it was mostly through refined ores since they use better rates than the event. That was almost 2 weeks ago, all attempts have been unsuccessful since, because of the normal ore like rates for the event. *shrugs *

4) Proof is in the pudding, at least for me, because after killing hundreds and getting few tokens to make it worth while, I just got too tired of this. PLus after 1000 porings killed for my expanded super novice quest, I got less than 40 tokens. Out of 1000 monsters. *smfh * I laughed than sighed for a while.

So, again, though I appreciate your candor, and the event does seems like a nice gesture,  I am still over it and too tired and saddened that most folks wont get near +10 for any equipment through the event, even with hundreds of tries across all their characters. Everyones individual experience will vary, thats just life. C'est la vie, non? lol. BE well 2999... ^~^ 

It's just because I never request for a name change thus it remains as numbers.

I can't collect the tokens as fast as many out there, as in 30mins for 50 tokens. I suppose I take around 45-50mins for a set. Still considering blessing of blacksmith is priced around 16M. So 50mins for a 65M price safe to 10+ sounds good enough for me.

In lowTI there are evil druid which there is bounty board for leveling and a small consolation prize in the form of evil druid card.

Similar case in MidTI, bounty board for Death Word which is quite good for leveling while grinding for these Tokens. There are even oridecons from Anubis as a bonus. Last week we have Raydrics which are good for leveling too.

For up to +7, I would really suggest you to use cert instead of these tokens. If it's crimson dagger, you might as well as just use mastersmith to refine them to +7 rather than use these tokens to +7. Or offer your tokens to help your friend to +10 in return for 2/3 +7 cert. 

With the increased rate, it's good enough imo.

Edited by 2999140515055616440, 26 February 2019 - 06:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users