• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

faqfriday.jpg

Happy Friday, Midgardians!

Ready for the weekend?

We'll get you started with some answers to last week's FAQ thread!

Renewal FAQ Friday

2/22/2019

Campitor: I believe that pet naming can only be done once.

Not on kRO.

The system is improved so that you can freely change the name of the Cute Pet. (Aug. 31, 2016)

But with how "quickly" they send us updates, we'll probably never see it in our lifetimes.

Campitor: We will be sure to talk to them about it.

Campitor: I believe that pet naming can only be done once.

Just gonna say it here, and point out I have suggested this several times however...

Just introduce the green maiden fix NPC, give it options for all types of pets and have it function the same way.

It removes your chosen egg and gives you a new one. The loyalty is obviously reset but you get to name your pet. You could even add a zeny charge to it to drain stuff :U

​Campitor: A pet rebirth system. Interesting.

Creative contest?

Astra: We've got one coming up real soon~!

would it be possible to add these costumes on your list. I'd be glad to if they're enchantable. 

Costume Black Hand of Destiny
Costume Time Decor.

Thank you.

​Campitor: We will of course look into this.

Any updates for a certain "Costume Headgear Design Contest" more than a year ago?

​Campitor: Unfortunately we haven't heard anything. The initial feedback at the time was that the art department was overloaded I will ask my contact. It may be that we have to resubmit the requests. If thats the case we will contact the contest winners through the forums.

#2 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:58 AM

Any chance of lowering the required number of monster tokens? SO hard to get em, and since characters still only get the once a day attempt to upgrade, even 25 tokens a try would be helpful. Just too burnt out trying to grind for them tbh. THanks either way.

​Campitor: We will take this into feedback for future events.

To RO1 staff:

What is your favorite anime?! Can be just one or maybe like a top 3 list!

We all know Astra and Jello's tho but still

Astra: My Hero Academia at the moment ;) I also really enjoyed Kill la Kill~
Jelloshaker: HAHA EASY #1 FOR ME IT'S BNHA WHY'D YOU EVEN ASK, KUNNY
Xealot: Hyouka, Apex Legends
​Campitor: Ranma 1/2, Yu Yu Hakusho, Macross 7

Magus: I used to be a huge fan of Trigun and Inuyasha

Any update/review regarding with the sequence of Sura skills: Earth Shaker and Gates of Hell?

https://forums.warpp...r-earth-shaker/

when you will add MVP like shadow gears? e.g. https://www.divine-p...-shadow-pendant

​Campitor: We will ask for feedback regarding this.

RO staff: what improvements or updates that you would personally like to see coming to iRO?

​Campitor: My ultimate goal this year is to revisit the new player experience and starting out less of a steep learning curve.

To staff/CM/GM/Vmod: how do you guys/girls celebrate Valentine day? :p_laugh:

Astra: It's the perfect excuse to eat way too many sweets >_>"
Jelloshaker: Relaxing at home
Campitor: Working, I gave my wife tickets to her favorite band.

#3 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:00 AM

Since it seems we have quite a few QoL Updates going around, I felt compelled to ask if these two things were possible, to make newbies lives easier.

1. Can Sara's Memories Foods be changed to 1 weight or so? They get so heavy carrying them around. We can RODEX ourselves but having foods to carry around for leveling or doing low TI or do some leveling can get heavy.

i.e I run Sara's Memories on my 175 GX, I take the foods to my Level 100 Warlock, but the foods become heavy and get in the way of carrying other items. They also dispell if I die so it would be convenient to be able to carry more. 

2. Jawaii is the only place that has an ice cream shop. Jawaii is usually reserved for married couples (or people who marry themselves). Although there is an Ice Cream Vendor in Brasilis, we can only buy a small amount and I tell you, with snowier cards people consume truckloads of ice cream. At least I did and it was inconvenient to HAVE TO WAIT for a married couple to buy ice cream or wait for a free VIP weekend to marry characters and get access to ice cream. 

Now the question is:
Can we set up an ice cream vendor at the beach that sells Ice Cream and you can buy in any quantity instead of having to buy 5 at a time from the NPC in Brasilis and have to click through multiple chat boxes just for 5 ice cream? It would really help newbies. I'm already maxed and all but I know that Hell Poodle Cards healing meat has it's convenience with a butcher selling meat, figured we could make that work too for people who wanna use snowier cards to heal more, tank and level. 

Thanks.

​Campitor: 
1. Unfortunately the weight on the foods seems to be intended.
2. We can look at having an ice cream vendor for the summer. We will check on improving the Brasilis Script.

Can we trade mvp loots to other items?

for example;
valk shoes, garment, bloody edge, variant shoes, bee crown, ledger of death. (all mvp loot that cant be drop by normal monster). 

trade to;
poison spore
stem
food ingredient
slim ingredient
quest ingredient

at least we can prevent less bots from botting the map and the change don't need alot, from 100-200 depend on gear.
i killed mvp, but i feel so disappointed with the mvp drop, beside leave them after kill or npc it. Make mvp more value at least update the loot, you guys make some mvp loot to trade certificate, then there is no reason cant trade others mvp for something. Maybe we can have mvp quest, like kill same MVP for number of times or accumulate mvp, we can trade to cash shop items (for example costume, enrich, ocp)

make player to compete mvp again like old days >.<

thanks

​Campitor:  Thank you for your suggestion.

Mr. Camp, perhaps this was already asked before, but I would like to know if this two QoL changes can be implemented:
1. Change the dialogues for the Bounty Boards - so, if I finish just one mission, the only option in the "collect" tab is to deliver this one.
2. Same with Gramps; if I already finished one of the two hunts, the option would disappear; or, in the "warp" dialogue, the previous options disappear when you reach the next TI map.
This help a lot when fast turning and saving a little time using manuals and similars.

​Campitor: Unfortunately although this is technically possible it work take hours to script that could be better spent improving other npcs/fixing bugs. This is because we would have to make a dialog tree for every possible combination of active/inactive quest.

#4 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:04 AM

2/20 today did you receive the test build yet?

​Campitor:  Yes!

Maybe you can try and copy the Arrow Quiver Maker NPC format if you really do plan to update the Rough Elu/Ori Refining NPC to allow for bulk deals. Since quiver npc has "make as many/choose specific amount" options.
Juice maker npc has similar style too.

Q: Does the "bot-hunting team" also hold their own runs/patrols on their own? -- or do they always need to refer to the airstrike thread for targets?
Do they regularly check-in to get rid of those frequent rmt-spam-msg bots that usually appear in the same spots? If not, then can they be tasked to do so?

Thanks for answering our questions btw :no1:

​Campitor:  The bot hunting team gives priority to reported bots but does do random patrols all over.

Is there a plan for all the "Heroic Desocketing Book"  and "Slotting Advertisement" wandering around?

​Campitor:  Slotted Advertisements still work to my knowledge, We will add the Heroic Desocketing Book to the desocketing npc as a 100% chance,

Enforcer Cape has HP bonus and range damage reduction when wear by GX class,
there are several other garments for different classes in JRO which has similar function, for example:[/font][/size]
与一の肩掛け
Goal for such garment is to give non-shield classes some range reduction.
I saw several requests for equipment like this in the OCP request post for a long time.
If IRO won't add this item in the future, would you make Enforce cape HP bonus and range damage reduction works for all classes?

​Campitor: We will review the item.

Well.
Cowraiders compound definitive answer please? I desock 2 gold scaraba to compound at PDM+Temporal ring and then....not work.
We r 1 mounth with new cards and they haven't the prefix when compound and the description are wrong in most of case, can't revise first until launch?

I really like calendar with updates, u guys just trow it away, can bring it back, and follow the dates? If the problem is someone to test things at sakray, I can do it for u guys, but, keep the consideration and respect to the players, I'm almost giving up, and I support u guys, really, I like this game, but it's really hard when something new and usefull comes and... not works.
The next new cards will be update when? I saw a campitor post with "140 new cards" this year", its true? :o Spoilers please?

Bank account system please??????????????

Any chance of comming events from the past of kRO, like the "Exploration Order" (I don't know if it's the real name), I saw it on bRO, really nice event, bring to us please.

https://browiki.org/...os_Exploradores

Thanks.

​Campitor: Currently Cow Raider cards can only be socketed into the accessories that are slot restricted. We are waiting for word on if this is intended behavior.
We will post a calendar for March next week.
We will review the event suggestion.

#5 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:55 PM

Do you have the schedule for EP 17.1?

#6 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationShattered Space of Loneliness
  • Server:Not Found

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:42 PM

>Kagerou Kunai Splash formula[melee to Range]

>Enable Kagerou Shadow Leap inside woe castles

>Also updates on the pvp/woe changes

#7 mianyaa

mianyaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:02 PM

when's instance & quest global timer going to return?

#8 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

Costume: Whistle and Costume: Blue Gemini Eyes, please

#9 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

Q>when do we get exact dates if it will be implemented or not regarding your responses on "we will look into this" because we want to know if there's something really happening or we're just waiting for nothing. Most of my Q> has something to do with "we will look into this" and some of it were like months old since then.

#10 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:39 AM

Please make these costumes enchantable at Malangdo:
Costume Red Gemini Eyes
Costume Low Pony Tail

Also if possible bring back universal cooldown on instances.

Edited by LeeKelly, 23 February 2019 - 08:39 AM.

#11 lolitoni

lolitoni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationYour heart.

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:08 AM

Hello!

1. Any information about when Costume Big White Cat will be fixed for dorams?

EUBpseX.jpgpmdwiQi.jpgFqajbxC.jpgFCWdvU9.jpg

2. Camp said last year that alternative outfits would come in 2018 to iRO. We're already in 2019 and no update came. What happened?

#12 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:17 AM

kRO adopted and integrated the alternate sprites into actual content and is no longer just a cash shop thing. 

#13 lolitoni

lolitoni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationYour heart.

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

kRO adopted and integrated the alternate sprites into actual content and is no longer just a cash shop thing. 

Geez...

So probably these outfits won't come so soon. What a shame...

#14 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:01 PM

Will come in 2069

#15 AceDT

AceDT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

I hope we could trade in pcs of WPS Token for pcs of WoE Blue/White/Violet Potion Box in Farrah NPC.

#16 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:25 PM

I hope we could trade in pcs of WPS Token for pcs of WoE Blue/White/Violet Potion Box in Farrah NPC.

Ive sent a proposal for wps token system enhancements before

I do suggest you make your own as your innovations would differ from mine. As much as possible please make one that's actionable if you have them (like a trade quantity amount and justification proposal)

#17 vaalaskjalf

vaalaskjalf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:56 PM

Mr.Camp, any notices on that update that allows merchants to sell offline? Heard that this was already implemented in kRO.

#18 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:18 PM

If offline selling is allowed we can atleast see a populated streets in prontera

Electricity costs a lot whilst 999m can barely buy anything

#19 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:59 AM

To RO1 staff!

Any particular character you would like to cosplay as if given a chance?

#20 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:27 AM

To RO1 staff!

Any particular character you would like to cosplay as if given a chance?

the staff should do a cosplay photo for WP anniversary lol

#21 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:22 AM

If offline selling is allowed we can atleast see a populated streets in prontera

Electricity costs a lot whilst 999m can barely buy anything

^ this

save energy with offline selling/vending, make this feature VIP only

#22 vaalaskjalf

vaalaskjalf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

^ this

save energy with offline selling/vending, make this feature VIP only

Hm, I disagree with you. I know that VIP should bring benefits, but offline selling has, in my point of view, two purposes.

The first one is to not cause trouble by being DC'ed while you are afk. 

The second one, which for me is the most important, is to save energy.

Isn't everyone that is rich enough to let his computer online the whole day while trying to just sell stuff. It's a simple game mechanic, not a privilege.

#23 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:51 AM

Well shucks...I kinda knew the request to lower token reqs would basically be denied, but I had to try for the communities sake

( not bots, they are false beings :P). Oh well... nothing to do until holiday event season in game, so I guess thats that. T.T

Edited by DuskShadowX, 25 February 2019 - 12:52 AM.

#24 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

Request:
+adding MVP equipment drop to cert (Eve Natalia).
To improve the price and its useful.

+turn in 10 of your USELESS card into OCA/MCA.
To recycle certain useless card and add new value.

+OCP recipe: MVP drop + MVP gear
Adding value to mvp drop like young twig (mistress), tiger skin (edgga) and mvp gear like survivor manteu, morrigane suit, celine ribbon into ocp gear. Celine ribbon can be turn into celine brooch by combining its with 1 young twiga and etc.

+Instance Ashes Stone
Sometime DC or wipeout in instance is terrible. If we could get in once more, it could help us lot.

+instance Fastest Record Clearing
Reward us like faceworm did. People like competition and ensure it will encourage player to play again.

+adding more prize if you form party when clearing instance.
To motivate old player playing with new player by giving them extra prize like extra coag if they did in party.

Edited by andxres, 26 February 2019 - 06:23 PM.

#25 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

Hi Camp,

Do you have any ETA on new content update or new MVP combo update etc?

I feel if you keep bring new OCPs but not corresponding challenging contents, people will feel boring and leave.

Also please do not always say we need to wait for it since that’s a very passive way. Could you please at least show what you guys have requested and what jro/kro has responded even partially?

Edited by mic9010, 28 February 2019 - 11:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users