Monster Token rate is obnoxious - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Monster Token rate is obnoxious

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#51 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:50 AM

When you give it more thought, having them drop directly into inventory does have some negative effects.

Simply because af-kasters exists, and with that suggestion enabled, they'll just quadruple in amount

#52 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:38 PM

they're worried about dupe and we're worried about accessibility, so why not just lessen cooldown timer usage? a friend mentioned its currently set at 20hours, is this accurate? cut the time in half. let us get 2 uses per character each day instead of 1 and keep tokens character-bound for protec.

#53 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:17 AM

they're worried about dupe and we're worried about accessibility, so why not just lessen cooldown timer usage? a friend mentioned its currently set at 20hours, is this accurate? cut the time in half. let us get 2 uses per character each day instead of 1 and keep tokens character-bound for protec.

I believe it is roughly 20 hours, though it feels longer. But some of us asked for 2 tries a day last year, and I doubt it will happen.  Even if the tokens still have to be picked up, there should be a longer time to do so and restrictions so others cannot just "greed" swipe from others. Or the time for all items that drops could simply be extended game wide for a few more seconds before becoming up for grabs. 

#54 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:01 AM

btw, at current price of BSBs (roughly 24m), each Token you drop you are essentially being given almost 2m zeny towards your +10 attempt.

For what is being given out for absolutely free, it's more than fine.

#55 mashaa

mashaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:51 AM

Dont know, but for me the rate is fine :l
Only got token while leveling in mid/low/high. In one bmx can get 50 token tho :D
Well i know it will become nothing since i have bad luck at +10 attemp :l

#56 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:22 AM

I guess this game have become afk fiesta and i didnt really though about it, its just the experience of farming those in the popular maps can be kinda toxic with people yoinking your tokens without hesitation, i guess it is what it is :/

Ps.: for the refine purpose tho, its pointless to leave 1 character 20h afk and gather a million tokens if you can only use 50 per day imo.

Edited by vividort, 06 June 2019 - 11:29 AM.

#57 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

I guess this game have become afk fiesta and i didnt really though about it, its just the experience of farming those in the popular maps can be kinda toxic with people yoinking your tokens without hesitation, i guess it is what it is :/
Ps.: for the refine purpose tho, its pointless to leave 1 character 20h afk and gather a million tokens if you can only use 50 per day imo.

Don’t forget there are also hats you can obtain from exchanging those monster tokens. Additionally you can get the battle manual and bubble gum buff from the token exchange, too! It’s intended to be used for more than tokens. I believe token hammer was added after the initial token exchange after a while.

#58 Diarka

Diarka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

I was hunting things for RK runes and wasnt even focusing on the tokens and i got atleast 40+ lol thats 30 mins of just winging mindlessly. I dont get why people complain the drops are low for that. of course it’s not even, you wont get a drop every “x” kill. if that’s the case, i would have had 69+ gtb cards from doing ET like hell lmao

#59 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:03 PM

All the facts from both sides on the token issue have been given to near ad nauseum. Yet the fact remains that more people have problems farming, with the cooldown that doesnt even show up in quest log, getting stolen from, and just not finding sufficient amounts even with enough monsters slain. Even with the once a day try, the event truly favors those that can spam kill thousands in less than a minute. Most cannot do that whether because of their character class, skill level/player skill, or sheer impossibility due to external factors like monster spawn rate, map size, and competition from honest players and thieves alike. IT all stems back to issues that have plagued this game for almost 16 years, mainly the short time players have to pick up items. Yet even with that time period or an extension to that time, the greed skill circumvents the rights of the person that killed a monster. Only the player that killed a monster should have sole claim to the items dropped. So yah, its a nice enough event, its not technically free at all, but things like events in game always need a little polish and improvement eventually and theres no time like the present. Doesnt have to be a total free giveaway at all either, nobody expects anything that fantastic for free, though we used to joke about such events magically endowing +20 enchants. Over 20 hours waiting to use 50 tokens for a normal refine chance, though it is safe, but hordes of these tokens can be racked up for nothing else? Thats nuts. Plus they are only character bound when they need to be account bound. Roflolmfao *smfh * Theres no quest timer to see when it can be done again either. Also considering the ridiculously unpredictable nature of the RNG at play, I have seen tokens drop as soon as a 5th monster is killed, but soon it drops every 10-20+ monster killed. And sometimes not dropping at all.  Just seems to work very differently for numerous people I have talked to. Yet, as said by the mods months ago

" What counts as a monster though?" meaning non humanoid enemies drop tokens only or more often. Its a fine event, but as I have said endlessly, it needs some fine tuning. NOt a big deal. 

Edited by DuskShadowX, 06 June 2019 - 10:04 PM.

#60 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:40 PM

there where events with easier to get items that gave these buffs and items as well, but in terms of value the best use for the tokens is on refining, if the tokens are character bound best approach is to farm 50 on each char and refine daily, if you wanna farm 2000 for the items go for it, they do absolutely nothing, you can get as many as you want and most wont even care. gather a billion tokens and exchange them all on silvervines, and be salty afterwards since malangdo enchants are rigged.

#61 Diarka

Diarka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:09 PM

Why cant people be just happy iRO actually put such a thing in game where we get free stuff welpppppp

#62 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:12 PM

Why cant people be just happy iRO actually put such a thing in game where we get free stuff welpppppp

Because we had this event once or twice before, and it still has the same problems that never got fixed. IT was like how the last xmas event was impossible for people under lvl 120+ to beat the bosses, and it needed to get fixed so people could do it. The slightest improvements to how people get tokens, quest timers being available, and the time needed to pick up items without them being stolen are a big hindrance to many players. Not everyone can spam skills or spells to kill enough monsters to do this every day. And often, the monsters are just not dropping tokens enough or at all. Ive gone hundreds with few to no drops before. Its not as simple as you and many others make it seem. Theres always room for improvement without breaking the rules. NObody is asking for free stuff. I am going to keep championing the issues people have difficulty with in thie game, because its the only old school mmorpg I still play that I care about. I have often seen too little to solve issues in Ragnarok Online when players have concerns since vanilla RO, and it just takes letting the mods know our concerns properly.  

#63 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:20 PM

Maybe this is the last time we'll see this token refine event? I mean clearly people aren't looking forward to it and that it is said to be full of issues. Removing the event seems like the best way to go.

I

#64 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:12 AM

Don’t forget there are also hats you can obtain from exchanging those monster tokens. Additionally you can get the battle manual and bubble gum buff from the token exchange, too! It’s intended to be used for more than tokens. I believe token hammer was added after the initial token exchange after a while.

what kinda hats? :hmm:

#65 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:24 AM

Costume necromancer hood if I m not mistaken. Dunno any hat exchange.

#66 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:39 AM

I really cant understand how you guys can still complain about this

Lmao no wonder

#67 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:50 AM

People love to complain. Not that ro doesn't need fixing but I personally don't think monster tokens is one of them.

#68 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:36 AM

people will always have something to complain about

#69 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:41 AM

of course, cause spending some time actually doing this event having 1/3 of your tokens stolen by players is incredibly fun and interactive ;)

#70 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

of course, cause spending some time actually doing this event having 1/3 of your tokens stolen by players is incredibly fun and interactive ;)

or it takes 1 hour or more to get the tokens with your ab.

#71 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:03 AM

I do feel like this needs to be said though:
Lately people are more respectful towards other token farmers now (compared to last time we got this event).

More people just wing away or walk past instead of kill-stealing or token-stealing like before and I think this should be appreciated.

We've even come to the point where funny stuff happens like when two players, both bringing sizeable mobs, flywing away from each other without killing their own mobs lol

Those damn ks-ing rk's got even worse now tho thanks to fapnear

Edited by ninJedi, 09 June 2019 - 09:13 AM.

#72 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

Then you have been fortunate to not be stolen form. Unfortunately, it still happened *shrugs * Its as simple as extending the time needed to pick up items when you kill a monster, and preventing greed from  being used right away.

#73 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:50 PM

I think it also helps to lead by example.
I do get the chance to steal other people's tokens a lot when they don't notice them drop lol
But instead, if they're still on-screen, I just spam falcon detect on their tokens 2-3 times or until they notice and come back to pick them up. After that, they usually laugh and it gets chill farming around them.

Btw, Sunken Ship level 2 also seems to be a good map to farm tokens, and better cards/less people too

#74 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:32 AM

how are you guys still getting token-jacked when this exists? :hmm:

unknown.png

im more fond of juperos lvl 1 for token farming than i am sunken ship

#75 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:18 PM

Btw, Sunken Ship level 2 also seems to be a good map to farm tokens, and better cards/less people too

Thats the same map I have been trying to tell the mods about bots stealing tokens since last year. ANd since humanoid enemies dont drop tokens as much or at all usually, as stated by the mods last year, the skeletons and other things tend to get in the way unless one goes deep in sunken 2 where the wanderers are. Its annoying lol

how are you guys still getting token-jacked when this exists? :hmm:

unknown.png

im more fond of juperos lvl 1 for token farming than i am sunken ship

Because that does not protect from "Greed" skill. It circumvents all restrictions which is why so many thieves, bots and players alike, use it all day every day, especially during these kinds of events. The mods just need to alter the data files for the ksill so that ownership applies to the killer of monsters for longer time and change greeds ability to cheat the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users