NCT needs more mob - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

NCT needs more mob

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:55 PM

Regardless of spotlight, even.

- Too many people level here. Bio4 parties are more rare now than they were a few years back due to the numbers/EU stuff, so those are much harder to find. Even being in the discord channel, i never seem to be on point with those that recruit bio4 since the timing is always random. And verus has no signboards (that im aware of) so few people would bother to actually 'level' there unless they were also hunting for something as well. This makes NCT the prime area to 175 at the moment, and as such, people are always there.

- Too many people 1 or 2-shot due to OCP gear, so you might arrive on screen literally seconds after someone took out a huge mob. OCP gear is so beast that its now possible to one shot flash combo right at the start of 150 with a sura. Gens can 3 shot til 170 and easy 2-shot with OMW onwards. Rangers can one shot. Pretty sure mechs and RKs can 2/3 shot. In short, things die very quickly.

- Sometimes i can teleport 20-30 times without seeing a single monster. This is highly annoying since i am currently manual-leveling my sura army and can 1 shot myself.

- Since the KS rule is set to kill '4-5 or higher on A-_-', seeing more people AFK should not be a problem.

- High TI is literally jam packed with mob, or at least it was a few weeks ago when LK were in there and all prior mob for months at a time. So why can't NCT also be, maybe not JAM packed, but more packed than it is?

Thoughts?

#2 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:58 PM

I support the idea. NCT always seem to have nt enough mobs for my liking.

#3 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:54 PM

Don't think it needs more mobs. I was able to finish a TI every 3 minutes while I was down there a few weeks back on a DB RK. That said I do support this.

#4 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:06 AM

I never grinding to earn exp except soloing bio4 with my ranger. All exp I gain from level 141 to 161 from endless tower and instance. No competition here.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:32 AM

NCT has permanently spotlighted mob amounts already.

Most of time the reason mobs start to become scarce is because they will spawn on the distant edges of the map(wich isnt a small map) and it may take a bit until someone bothers to go there and kill it, no one wants to leave the "main path" of the map.

I mean, the mob count isnt bad, if you consider i was able to do 5min boards while killing them 1 by 1 :T

#6 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:58 AM

- NCT it's the simpliest way to level, but not the prime one. MVPing nets more EXP if you can do it consistently (ie BBs). Bio4 boards when soloing are much better too. I think OCP makes it possible for people to easily solo that place. Bio3 is super possible as well.

- I don't see why 1 or 2 shotting mobs here is an issue. You're not wrong, but I don't see how this fact helps your case.

- Bad luck. It happens. Try to walk once in a while, go to the corners. I've seen mobs of up to 20 Bells hidden in there. Also, can't relate. At most I go around 5 teles before finding a group of 3.

- I didn't know about this rule :v Where is it written? Also, yeah, A-_- aren't a problem. At most I see 3 at a time.

- High TI is packed because the map is small :v If you spread them to a map as big as NCT, you'd see it will probably resemble what we have have right now. Heck, even in high TI I find plenty of empty spots

Case in point, I don't see the need to do so. I always find a healthy amount of mobs. I 2 shot them with my Mechanic and I can turn in 4 rounds per manual, 5 if I'm lucky. I'm not directly against it, but you make a weak case. Maybe record yourself grinding to show how scarce the mobs are. If enough people do that, maybe we could test your points.

Best of success :3

#7 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:07 AM

Petition to take all nct monsters and transfer them to new sunken ship type map

#8 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:29 AM

what you need is 151-175 gramps with all nct mobs in custom detard map

#9 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:00 AM

- I didn't know about this rule :v Where is it written? Also, yeah, A-_- aren't a problem. At most I see 3 at a time.

Best of success :3

This was in response to threads made at the time detailing how monster spawns would diminish throughout the week until the weekly restart. The two camps were 1) AFK players are holding up mob spawns, making the maps seem more scarce than they are. 2) AFK players are killing the mobs in such a way that they die off the map but remain in the monster cap.

Either that, or they just decided to allow KSing of afk players because they decided to categorize afking as illegal mob training. Which I don't think was their intention. Because that would mean afking is ill mannered, which it is not.

Having consulted with the elder ones from the before 2010. The traditional ruling regarding kill stealing as as follows.

Please do not engage in ill mannered behavior against other users. Kill stealing from players is ill mannered behavior and can result in punishment. As the players in question are not actively engaging the monsters or leading them back to their party they have no claim to hold the monsters perpetually.

If someone is kill stealing from you please submit a ticket so that the GM team can assist you further. Do not engage in ill mannered behavior against a user you are accusing of kill stealing as that will only result in both users being in trouble. If the GMs are not properly investigating your ticket please PM Barracuda so he can review your case. Please note that the best reports include a short replay file of the kill stealing action.

That all being said. Don't use this as carte blanche to harass afk levelers. If they are fighting face tanking one or two monsters leave them alone. But if they have hordes of monsters than they cannot expect to lock down a large percentage of the maps spawn table for a significant period of time.

So I agree that the spawns are good as is, so long as they are the same mob count throughout the week. For all I know the bug has been fixed, because the spawn seems pretty decent right now, but it could just be more people cycling the map making it seem artificially higher. I am used to playing off-peak hours.

Edited by Scuba, 06 March 2019 - 07:08 AM.

#10 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:16 AM

Don't think it needs more mobs. I was able to finish a TI every 3 minutes while I was down there a few weeks back on a DB RK. That said I do support this.

while i'll say that 3 minutes is possible for sure, i'll also say that you'd have to get that lucky with the amount of people who are currently leveling at whatever time. there are particular time frames when the numbers are low, i'll admit. i think i've gone with as much as 8 TI's at the most, but this was on a day where mob was seriously nasty - in every corner on pretty much every teleport - with very few people there.

NCT has permanently spotlighted mob amounts already.

Most of time the reason mobs start to become scarce is because they will spawn on the distant edges of the map(wich isnt a small map) and it may take a bit until someone bothers to go there and kill it, no one wants to leave the "main path" of the map.

I mean, the mob count isnt bad, if you consider i was able to do 5min boards while killing them 1 by 1 :T

i remember a long while back there were several threads about this as well, and as a result they did add in the perma spotlighted numbers (much like bio4 i think?)

i think its particularly because the map is so big though that it needs more numbers, especially on those days when there really are a lot of people leveling there. given the massive maze that is the map itself, i feel like it would help. some of those corners are extremely tight. for the most part, with the amount of people leveling, they get swept up relatively quick. but sometimes when the amount of killers are low, those mob will sit there for several minutes and cause a backup of mob that could spawn in other locations.

- NCT it's the simpliest way to level, but not the prime one. MVPing nets more EXP if you can do it consistently (ie BBs). Bio4 boards when soloing are much better too. I think OCP makes it possible for people to easily solo that place. Bio3 is super possible as well.

- I don't see why 1 or 2 shotting mobs here is an issue. You're not wrong, but I don't see how this fact helps your case.

i agree with you, mvp'ing will always be quicker lol. but in this case, even for richies, its not viable for the amount of sura i still have to complete (another 7). that's quite a lot of BB's. using the exp leech i mentioned about a month ago in a separate post, i've been able to hit about 70-90% by just leeching the 2nd character alone and never removing it from the map to go TI a signboard. with janeway having just gone out and many people having made new armies, i'm sure they would agree that the BB path for an army would be much too costly compared to a straight grind.

the 1/2 shotting mobs is an issue because: let's say you land on screen and there's a big mob, but someone also lands on screen and they happen to be a ranger where you happen to be a gen. they will immediately have the bigger aoe of course, and depending on their damage, you might actually lose out on that mob. i see some people following the 'its not really your mob until it lands on you 100%' idea, which is like half KS technically because a monster might already be targeting you but it wont technically be attacking you yet. they can get away with that 100%. you can't ticket something as silly as that, even as lame a move as it is. but you'll still lose out on this mob and the time involved with potentially going after it.
another lame aspect of 1-2 shotting is basically killer speed. for the individual, this is fantastic. kill, tele, move on, great. but where those who can 1-2 shot dominate a map in full, it really kills the chance for any mob to ever build up in terms of pockets. basically its like.. in a map full of OP killers, you pretty much are always on the newest refresh rate of monster respawn time. so at best, on a day where the amount of killers are high, you'd maybe only see 2-4 mobs on average, but not per teleport.

the KS rule was posted by either camp or vmodcinn about a month or 2 ago, but i can't remember if it was posted a response to someone else's thread or posted in a patch notes section, sorry.

i think in the end, it comes down to map size VS the amount of people who level there, both of which are big. the map is huge, and also maze-like, so plenty of places have the potential to get backed up. but if people are still KS'ing or trying to KS, on top of legally KSing the afk people, then this is saying something about numbers. i did look at the respawn time and apparently its instant.. but that's not enough for such a huge map imo.

Edited by Fuuton, 06 March 2019 - 07:19 AM.

#11 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:26 AM

This was in response to threads made at the time detailing how monster spawns would diminish throughout the week until the weekly restart. The two camps were 1) AFK players are holding up mob spawns, making the maps seem more scarce than they are. 2) AFK players are killing the mobs in such a way that they die off the map but remain in the monster cap.

Either that, or they just decided to allow KSing of afk players because they decided to categorize afking as illegal mob training. Which I don't think was their intention. Because that would mean afking is ill mannered, which it is not.

So I agree that the spawns are good as is, so long as they are the same mob count throughout the week. For all I know the bug has been fixed, because the spawn seems pretty decent right now, but it could just be more people cycling the map making it seem artificially higher. I am used to playing off-peak hours.

OH, that's neat to know! Thanks for the info

#12 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:10 AM

For what it's worth, after your BM runs out you should clear out the "rarely visited areas" manually to redistribute those mobs, especially the ones in the corners that don't have a direct entrance to them (top left, top right, etc.).

Having said that... I uhh don't see the issue tbh. Lately I feel like it's easier to find mobs, but perhaps we are on at different times? I play after 7 PST so perhaps fewer people are actively grinding there. 

Having said all that, I would much rather they don't just bump mob numbers here but instead find other places to make leveling viable. The verus mobs are amazing, I wish they had more going there. 

#13 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:26 AM

I support this.

#14 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:49 AM

+1

#15 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:59 AM

I leveled there recently and found it perfectly fine, was doing 7 ~ 8 turn ins per BM. I think the biggest issue is people just wing, see if there is a big pack then wing after it's either dead or if that big pack does not exists.

I however killed anything as long as there was something and even took the time to look around a little before doing so. I even took a little time to clear those outer areas because people seldom did it.

#16 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:32 PM

Never had any issues but it has been a while since I leveled something there.

That being said though, more spawns is never a bad thing IMO and not just for NCT.

#17 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:07 PM

Would not it be better to add plaques to the map of Verus? The experience gained there is 2x ~ 3x more than NCT...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users