1 or 2 pieces of advice for a newbie. - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

1 or 2 pieces of advice for a newbie.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pardini

pardini

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

Hi

I come back to RO after a long quit (about 4 years), I sold some old dd crit items that due to the super inflation that the server is I could not complete. So after all i decided make a ranger which have some cheap itens like +7 prism scarf and +7 gray boots.

Level 126/34

Build:

STR: 16

AGI: 90

VIT: 54

INT: 33

DEX: 120

LUK: 1

Equips:

+9 AHB

Tengu Mask

Tengu Scroll

+9 MBTA

+10 BxB [2x AS]

+7 Prism Scarf

+7 Gray Wing

Emerald Ring

Keraunos (trying to get another emerald)

I'm getting some trouble to leveling this ranger due little Hp leech from (only) tengu scroll, i can't one shot High TI without endow and no limits.

Question 1: With this equip can i solo OGH or harder instances without spend a lot of supplies?

Question 2: I saw a video from a maestro, and with the emerald ring, it seemed to me this class could easily leveling and do instances, should i give up from ranger and make a maestro?, if yes, the class is viable without Imp set/S. Coronet and FAW?.

thanks in advance.

(English isn't my mother language, sorry for grammar mistakes.)

Edited by pardini, 22 March 2019 - 02:14 PM.

#2 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:40 PM

Q1: You can solo OGH without spending anything with your gears, and a bunch of other instances too.

Q2: Maestro has an easier leveling than ranger due to being able to enter bio4 parties with ease, and while it can clear most instances, Ranger is still the better choice for solo farming.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

both classes are pretty good.

there's no reason to "drop" a character, having more characters just gets you more income over time. Try both out and see wich you enjoy more

#4 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:59 PM

No need to ditch classes, man. Not so hastily at least. You've got a good budget, you can make it work. Make both, they can share equips for the most part either way.

And yeah, as Jun said, you can solo pretty much all good instances like that, just need to take it slow the first times. Learn the mobs, learn their attacks, gear accordingly and head on! 

Also, don't limit yourself to TI, that's an easy pratfall many fall into. It's good, of course, but you don't NEED to be able to solo it for efficient leveling. Explore other places more adequate for your level and gear. Scarabas are simple to prepare for and great EXP, for example.

As for the leech problem, try a Succubus pet to help with the HP pool. 

Best of luck!

#5 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:56 PM

Hi

I come back to RO after a long quit (about 4 years), I sold some old dd crit items that due to the super inflation that the server is I could not complete. So after all i decided make a ranger which have some cheap itens like +7 prism scarf and +7 gray boots.

Level 126/34
Build:
STR: 16
AGI: 90
VIT: 54
INT: 33
DEX: 120
LUK: 1

Equips:
+9 AHB
Tengu Mask
Tengu Scroll
+9 MBTA
+10 BxB [2x AS]
+7 Prism Scarf
+7 Gray Wing
Emerald Ring
Keraunos (trying to get another emerald)

I'm getting some trouble to leveling this ranger due little Hp leech from (only) tengu scroll, i can't one shot High TI without endow and no limits.
Question 1: With this equip can i solo OGH or harder instances without spend a lot of supplies?
Question 2: I saw a video from a maestro, and with the emerald ring, it seemed to me this class could easily leveling and do instances, should i give up from ranger and make a maestro?, if yes, the class is viable without Imp set/S. Coronet and FAW?.

thanks in advance.

(English isn't my mother language, sorry for grammar mistakes.)

You can do OGH. My gear is exactly like you have now.

OGH setup:
-bring around 2000 silver arrow and 500 fire arrow.
-bring undead armor.
-Use no limit when its available.
-when no limit on cooldown, use camoufledge and AS to make mob stop hitting you.
-bring at least 5 token if this your first solo run and ygg. I prefer using YGG because instant heal hp and sp. I bring 25 ygg (@300k each).
-when fighting corruption root use fire arrow or holy arrow+fire converter. Hide between pillar if his green cast bar is about to complete. You could avoid his damage by hiding behind pillar.
-in 2 floor, your will cast no limit a lot to one hit their mob. When mini boss, you could use fire arrow to avoid magnum break damage.
-use camoufledge to avoid maggot.
-put some ankle snare before fighting amdarais.
-use no limit then cast Arrow Storm and Double Strafe to kill him before he reach you.

#6 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:02 PM

https://youtu.be/qFj9mjkxuVU

#7 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:14 PM

Ranger can kill pretty much anything now just play like one and don't face tank and utilize your traps.

#8 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:01 AM

Yeah saw one cool ranger put freeze trap for ogh bug in video. Never thought it could be use that way until I saw it.

#9 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:41 AM

#makerangergreatagain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users